Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

"Look for something New Coming soon" signs up all over the salad wall !!! it looks so empty

where oh where are my good and gather salads.?????

i see you NOT !!

GUEST_03aeb398-84b4-409b-ae84-6fb0831768c3

Yup, looks like I've been banished to the closing shift for the foreseeable future. Not a fan. And no, I am not giving up my rehearsal night or my volunteer night. I need those joys in my life. I am trying to convince the spouse that I should do our shared meals at lunchtime, but he is wishy-washy on that for some reason. He's a creature of habit and doesn't take change well. He's also going through some mental health stuff and that makes it even harder to try to get him to adjust.

We have a new SD and he doesn't say a word to anyone below TL. Not even hello. And he is the person doing the scheduling, of course.

I sorely miss the previous SD.

setting the produce wall this week from Bolthouse juices to salads its a bitch i'm about 70% done

C&S switched our warehouse and are sending our shipments late. It is having a negative impact on getting stuff filled for our guests.

C&S switched our warehouse and are sending our shipments late. It is having a negative impact on getting stuff filled for our guests.
Your ETL will likely have to adjust scheduling if that's a permanent change. They likely have changed their route if it's a different warehouse so if you're used to the truck coming in at 7 and it's coming at 10 the team may have to start coming in later.

Your ETL will likely have to adjust scheduling if that's a permanent change. They likely have changed their route if it's a different warehouse so if you're used to the truck coming in at 7 and it's coming at 10 the team may have to start coming in later.
Team ha ha ha. We have 1 TM push produce, 1 TM push dairy and then TL pushes half freezer.
There is no team.

Last night was fun...tiny GM truck, most of my u-boats were done by the time I got there. Cool, lots of time to do other tasks (PC, inventory prep, etc).

Nope.

We are in the midst of the freezer remodel. Frozen TM was told to switch pallets around in the reefer trailer so the ice was at the back. He says it takes 20 mins and door is open entire time (wrong move, buddy). Checks temp for report...+28.

They call. I try to transfer to ETL. Won't go through, so she tells me to handle it. I have to go all the way across the store to get keys from frozen guy, since said TM was on lunch break, so I can go outside to check temp again. Not down enough, so I get to manually defrost it.

I'm on my way to break when closing TL calls and tells me I need to zone fronts and two aisles. Meanwhile, I still had a full uboat of backstock from my one remaining aisle, which was full of granola bars after a reset. Zoning takes forever because, well, the chip aisle is always a mess. I end up finding reshop, take it up front, and our reshop is full, again. As I am just finishing that up, ETL sees me and tells me I need to rezone yet another aisle. CTL tells me to rezone one of the fronts. I had already done all these things once already tonight, and not half-arsed.

I finally get to my backstock so late in my shift that I have no time to get to PC or 1-4-1s, or the uboat left behind by another TM. Also, whole the trailer was defrosting, no one could go in there, and when I told frozen TM this, he looked at me like he was lost and had no.idea what to do next. I told him to fill deli because we are very far behind on that.

So glad I'm on earlies and mids next week.

Sounds like a blast!

I had one of my fellow teammates take those magnet plastic stands (Idk what their exact name is L shaped with a magnet on the bottom) and use them behind the chips to keep them fronted when things get lite.

Back