Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Nothing at all.
The local rouses has the same fixtures so maybe some other store uses them but we don’t.

This is common at my store, too.

Market is especially taking a beating.

And now, we have a new SD, and with the new SD comes a new routine for our department, which requires more personnel than we have assigned to us, and ends up with me now working closing shifts. Since I have two evenings with standing commitments, I'm limited in that regard. It also means advanced planning for evening events with the music group. My ownership area has changed, my tasks have changed.

I was told it was because of others' availability by my lead, but one of the dayside people said it was to observe why certain people were not getting things finished. (Oh, lovely, so I'm on a watch list now.) All the guys on my shift are in school, though, so not sure how much stock I put in that rumor.

The whole thing of goal times does not take into account backstock, helping guests, trash/recycling, front end calls for replacement merchandise/something someone forgot, phone calls, breaks, etc.

And now, we have a new SD, and with the new SD comes a new routine for our department, which requires more personnel than we have assigned to us, and ends up with me now working closing shifts. Since I have two evenings with standing commitments, I'm limited in that regard. It also means advanced planning for evening events with the music group. My ownership area has changed, my tasks have changed.

I was told it was because of others' availability by my lead, but one of the dayside people said it was to observe why certain people were not getting things finished. (Oh, lovely, so I'm on a watch list now.) All the guys on my shift are in school, though, so not sure how much stock I put in that rumor.

The whole thing of goal times does not take into account backstock, helping guests, trash/recycling, front end calls for replacement merchandise/something someone forgot, phone calls, breaks, etc.
If rumor is true, maybe instead of you being watched, they moved you to watch others during daytime.

Probably the other people being watched. Closers are essentially unsupervised.

Same for us on the salads. Assuming that we will be getting new ones with this week’s reset, but we just ordered extra of what we could.

Same for us on the salads. Assuming that we will be getting new ones with this week’s reset, but we just ordered extra of what we could.
looks like good and gather salads set on Sunday 9/22. Search good and gather click on produce/floral and scroll through to see new salads coming.

Haven’t been to my old store in awhile. Is Target experiencing shortages of canned veg (or any foods)? Local Wally’s and a couple of other places have been low on or out of gr beans, peas and corn much of the summer. Wally’s frozen looks skimpy as does meat. I’ve read that peas are going into grain-free pet food (risky to feed that by the way). Is Modernization contagious? Edit. Each gaping empty space has a sign with a vague apology and a date when shelves will have product.

Haven’t been to my old store in awhile. Is Target experiencing shortages of canned veg (or any foods)? Local Wally’s and a couple of other places have been low on or out of gr beans, peas and corn much of the summer. Wally’s frozen looks skimpy as does meat. I’ve read that peas are going into grain-free pet food (risky to feed that by the way). Is Modernization contagious? Edit. Each gaping empty space has a sign with a vague apology and a date when shelves will have product.
I still have pallets of canned vegetables from previous Thanksgiving seasons. I would love to run out

Probably the other people being watched. Closers are essentially unsupervised.
Could possibly be. I was alone after 9 Sunday and Monday and out at 10pm and 11pm, respectively. The person who was telling me the rumor was also saying that maybe I was moved to nights because I actually got things done. I think my lead does put a lot of trust in me, but I've also expressed my concerns to her and our closing lead about workload. Monday night the goal time I was given for my ownership areas was 50 minutes past the end of my shift. I ended up staying an extra hour because I got done early and chose to fill the bulk water. My closer said nothing.

can anyone who has this style tell me what the bottom channel is for?
Hey @Sisyphus
Right or wrong the answer I got was #'s. But I still haven't seen any instructions yet and we have an impending visit with a persnickety BP. So please keep us posted

Right or wrong the answer I got was #'s. But I still haven't seen any instructions yet and we have an impending visit with a persnickety BP. So please keep us posted
My FBD rolled through and didn’t say a thing about them. Even the new GG side cap ism doesn’t show anything on those spaces.

Tfw you solely set all the TWT for market and clearance. And somehow run both trucks. Thank god tomorrow is the smallest prfresh truck I’ve ever seen.

Back