Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

These past few weeks have been a gauntlet in grocery. G&G rollout. Beefy trucks/pulls. I can see there’s not going to be much breathing room until November kick-starts 4Q.

Freezer Transition this week , that means more 007 freezer coming in on the trucks,, Sad 😂

Freezer Transition this week , that means more 007 freezer coming in on the trucks,, Sad 😂
Our store transitioned to nestle showing up on our trucks instead of the vendors bringing it in. Sunday my etl told the rgis guy he was going to have to reschedule to a nontruck day. Like they haven’t known for weeks to have that ready for him. Should’ve been in and out in 45 minutes tops.

We have been very low and sometimes out of lunchables our counts and on hands are correct
Today we received 2 boxes of lunchables.
Our front bunker is empty had to flex cheese in there.
Anyone else have this lunchables problem ?

We have been very low and sometimes out of lunchables our counts and on hands are correct

Are your actual onhands correct? I.e. not in exf but audit?

The bunker got really light for us about two weeks ago so we ended up using it for clearance.

Use chatbot and see if it’s available in your DC. It’s possible you might be out for a bit.

I would call them,and see if they can make an early delivery.
I meant like they’ve already got a pallet of good stuff in there. Our ETL told us to wrap it up and roll it out back with the empties.
before the shrinking of my cooler it was fine to keep it in there. Nowadays we can hold at most 7 pallets.

I meant like they’ve already got a pallet of good stuff in there. Our ETL told us to wrap it up and roll it out back with the empties.
before the shrinking of my cooler it was fine to keep it in there. Nowadays we can hold at most 7 pallets.
Whoa why so much ood? (Not meant to be rude, curious)

I am not market, but we have been light for the last couple weeks.

The last two days, the store was in a panic due to the DTL-LOG and the DTL-F&B coming on the same day. FILL FILL FILL ZONE ZONE ZONE forget your normal routine we're going to work your bum off and add extra hours and pester you until you say you can come in.

My TL has been on vacay. Back today. I thought the panic would be somewhat subsided but it seemed worse since we left 9 vehicles of rollover and what were the morning people doing? (MANCAFs which were huge because we didn't do them yesterday) And a call-in (the usual suspect) and who knows what else.

TL is under pressure to keep us all on task. I am not one not to be on task. I got asked where I was several times (in the can, helping a guest, in the can). I had 90 minutes left after my break and I was to be responsible for two very full vehicles. It was not pleasant.

I ended up having a breakdown after I went to the little team member's room and the vehicle I was working on disappeared. I thought it was finished, (TL was helping me b/s_) so I went out to do what I could on the other vehicle. TL calls me back and asked if I'd finished the b/s. Told her I had thought it was done since I'd seen TL wander away with the cardboard. Nope, it had been moved to a pallet under the racking.

So I. Broke. Down. Cried, hissed, got very upset. I was Just Done. I said I felt like there was no trust in me, no faith in my work ethic, and I had thought I was finally "getting" the new system but things were not being followed through on other folks' parts (ie, not following fillgroups or sectioning, b/s full cases in wacos, certain TMs following other TMs around like puppies instead of working, one TM a consistent jerk) and I was getting to be overwhelmed at trying to be a good TM and I felt like I couldn't take it anymore, I was a failure and I was done trying.

I'm home now with a sub, cookies, and Martha Stewart on TV. I still need to decide what's next.

Hey all, first post here!
background info:
I am a Pfresh tm at a medium/high vol. store. We get FDC truck daily for Produce, meat, dairy and frozen is 4 days a week.
Ave load is about 3 pallets produce/deli. 2 pallets dairy. 3 pallets frozen. Plus banana 1/2 pallet

So couple questions:
1)who in your stores does the ordering?
2) is there a way to print out what was ordered vs. what DC just pushed to us?
3) As 'just' a tm, how do you have the time to look at sales #'s?
3.5) and how do you find that for your dept, not just individual items?

1) my PA does the ordering for both meat/eggs and pro. best not to have a lot of hands in the bucket.
2) I don't believe so anymore. there used to be a document to see what was ordered and if anything was ordered extra. under the order tab for items you can kinda see from what I remember (like hq ordered and stuff)
3) oh def, super easy. just go under MPM 2.0 and go to sales. youll see all departments
4) hit sales then click food and bev. itll open more categories and each goes to more specific areas.
you can enter mpm then scan an item to see its sales too!

Thanks @verysaltymocha !
We don't have DBOs or PA just consumables tms so ordering is done by whoever happens to close that night. Makes for a big mess in inventory numbers.
Asked our ETL if we could just switch to me ordering 5 nights a week and our TL ordering the other days, at least until inventory is under control.
I will have to mess around with mpm more. I admit I haven't looked much at the numbers, just trying to get my coolers and SF organized and functional has taken up most of my time.

on workbench you can go to food and the far right near the bottom is a link to go to greenfield to look at the order detail report for the previous day.

also when you order on the my device you can swipe right or left to see what was order the previous 5 days for that DCPI.

I do the ordering 4 or 5 days a week. Keep the same person ordering to keep things under control.

You still have a PA? All five of ours are no longer PAs. One of them hated this so much that he left to become a Starbucks TL. One of them still likes to give orders. Our morning Open Market guy does the ordering because he has the most experience at it.

Back