Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Does anyone know if our end cap in Pfresh is going to stay with apples and cuties through Christmas? My TL never tells me until after a visit.🤷‍♀️Then yells at me.

Does anyone know if our end cap in Pfresh is going to stay with apples and cuties through Christmas? My TL never tells me until after a visit.🤷‍♀️Then yells at me.
Apples & cuties on an encap??
We have citrus on the front table facing the aisle and apples on the back of that table.
Our pfresh end cap has fairilite horizon milk and baking

This year was great for me. My one seasonal hire stopped showing up after 3 shifts (t'was a shame because he was really catching on and would have likely hired him) but the rest of my team are vets from last year and they totally rocked it. We ended Christmas with less turkeys than last year (12 cases of 20-24 BB left). There where a few fuckups from our FDC not being able to stay caught up with freight and from Spot killing key holiday items with the GG rollout, but we mitigated it the best we could.

Found some great seasonal tm to have them stay :) been a super busy holiday season but got lots of work to do still.

How is everyone doing with one for ones? Do you do all fill groups multiple times a day? I've been having OM doing all cold daily, DR1 GR1-3 truck days, DR2 snack, candy, BEV1 and closers do all cold and dry. I'm having a hard time getting extra 'projects' done and wondering if anyone has routine tips. Our drys all together range between 120-200 tasks, cold 80-120 depending on frozen sales.

I only know about dry, but our store most days will get some of the one for ones done twice, we'll only get all of them twice if it's a small truck or we have more people than usual. Our store is pretty big though; we usually have 5 people working in dry by noon, and all fill groups combined I'd say ranges around 600-900 tasks.

We do 1 for1s first thing . On a typical day our dry would have around 700-800 tasks. It’s done by 3-4 TMs.But I’m sure no body does it twice in a day. If I get extra time I might just do a manual batch .

My team does perishables 1f1's every day I have few enough people and the areas are divided to the point we just drop fill groups but I know others have had success bulling the pogs per aisle and wrapping up with fill groups to hit salesplans. Dairy is typically 60-80 for weekday/weekend, meat is 28-35 and frozen is 45-60. I like to think that i have our process about as streamlined as possible. I have 1-2 fixtureroom tubs per vehicle and the pull goes into the tub for that area's u-boat. Work the pull, work the case stock and your backstock in the tub. Allows you to hit the baler before going to the cooler with no need to double back or having yogurt splats on the floor (the stained poured concrete in grocery is the bane of my existence. It's shifted a lot in the last 2 decades since my store opened). Yesterday, I just finished re profiling for caseless backroom. My big concern is lunchables (rotation wise) since my OTL is about twice my already massive SF capacity.

My peer does things a bit differently; much to the chagrin mf my DSD. Has 2 dedicated TMs for the BR, 2 for pulls and a handful that push UBoats. It took a little more than 2 years after the implementation of GOM to get the BOs to backstock their own uboats instead of piling everything onto metros for the 2 BRTMs.

I have 3 dry DBOs and they pull theirs at least once a day. Coolers/freezers get pulled at least once a day as well, sometimes by the DBOs. But on non pfresh delivery days, the open market TM pulls all cooler/freezers and pushes them before the end of their shift. If we get the time, the closer will pull dry OFOs late at night to give us a head start in the morning.

Honestly I have not seen a pog for the shelving above the meat bunker in about a year . I tend to use it for condiments/bread. Let me see if there’s any.

Anyone in a P Fresh store tell me what the POG is above the meat bunker? I was told beer but I can't find it.

We haven't had a pog for it since at least last March. I've been putting the spice shippers there, but I'm probably just going to pitch the fixture.

From what I understand those were supposed to go away. I haven’t seen a pog for it in over a year, like someone said a few posts ago. I never got my spirit fixtures so I usually use them for the spirit pogs. Other times I put something that makes sense with what’s in the bunker. Hawaiian rolls, hot/ham buns, spices, condiments, stuffing, pineapples... the possibilities are endless lol

Edit to add that when we did get pogs for them, they were almost always condiments, spices but mostly beer.

From what I understand those were supposed to go away. I haven’t seen a pog for it in over a year, like someone said a few posts ago. I never got my spirit fixtures so I usually use them for the spirit pogs. Other times I put something that makes sense with what’s in the bunker. Hawaiian rolls, hot/ham buns, spices, condiments, stuffing, pineapples... the possibilities are endless lol

Edit to add that when we did get pogs for them, they were almost always condiments, spices but mostly beer.
what's the POG then?

Back