Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I get pogs for the meat bunker and we don't have one. I just tie whatever it is to the aisle meat is in and zero capacities. Not sure what else to do.

Let's talk shippers: We also get tons of shippers that are supposed to set, but we fake tie those since we were given the direction to not set shippers. The fancy new sidecaps we have now (which were supposed to be more store option and really aren't) look nice, but can't even be used for all the random shippers/seasonal sidecaps. Oh and McCormick shippers... We are supposed to still have one of Thanksgiving spices tied. Why? It arrived smashed soooooo now I have 1000 Thanksgiving spices chilling in my backroom. Anyone need some poultry seasoning? Anyone?

I get pogs for the meat bunker and we don't have one. I just tie whatever it is to the aisle meat is in and zero capacities. Not sure what else to do.

Let's talk shippers: We also get tons of shippers that are supposed to set, but we fake tie those since we were given the direction to not set shippers. The fancy new sidecaps we have now (which were supposed to be more store option and really aren't) look nice, but can't even be used for all the random shippers/seasonal sidecaps. Oh and McCormick shippers... We are supposed to still have one of Thanksgiving spices tied. Why? It arrived smashed soooooo now I have 1000 Thanksgiving spices chilling in my backroom. Anyone need some poultry seasoning? Anyone?

The poultry seasoning went salvage this week for me.

It’s that time of the year when you come back after a day off to see 7 uboats of your stuff plus one for ones and you are the only one in market for the day 😓

Ohh and I’m keeping all of those uboats aside and doing one for ones for all of our fill groups. Sounds fun 🙄

do freezer teams have separate hours than pfresh teams? I seem to still be having the same 40 hrs a week, while the rest of the pfresh/dry team are down to 20-25hrs a week. im grateful, but im also tired.

ASANTS, but at my store a good freezer person gets good hours, since it is so difficult to fill that position and keep it filled. Before the store got the awesome freezer person they have now, that position had constant turnover. It got so bad that when they hired for p-fresh, they would take people into the freezer during their interview to show them what they were getting into, and a lot of them would withdraw their applications.

im seeing that attitude from my market team members. they all hate it. i personally enjoy running the whole thing by myself, and the boss man doesnt really care as lng as freezer gets filled.

Yup. ASANT it depends on tm, department and what not. If I had a freezer tm who finished everyday and was on track with everything then I’d make sure they have full hours

ASANTS, but at my store a good freezer person gets good hours, since it is so difficult to fill that position and keep it filled. Before the store got the awesome freezer person they have now, that position had constant turnover. It got so bad that when they hired for p-fresh, they would take people into the freezer during their interview to show them what they were getting into, and a lot of them would withdraw their applications.

We got a new pfresh TM a while back...can vouch, he gets loads of hours. During the holidays he'd sometimes work 10-12 hour days

Last edited:
Our pfresh is also running by mainly one veteran TM.His hours will be always consistent (35-40). He has his own ways and our TL is happy with him. We don’t come clean every day but it’s never been a disaster. We have a couple young TMs too in pfresh who work part time .

We've been rolling a pallet in dairy for 2 weeks. I'll usually roll freezer first but my freezer guy is doing well and this caseless nonsense is taking all my spare time.

Probably not finishing this week's revisions but oh well.

Finally did my soda revision! 3 weeks late. Have 5 frozen and 3 dairy left. And tomorrow will be a huge truck. Need to somehow push 20 boxes a minute today :,)

Do we still have to go to work if u have a virus? I went to go see the doctor because I am sick. I called out but manager kept telling me it's OK, just wear a mask. I said my body also doesn't feel good. I need to rest. Doctor then told me I have a virus and should probably confine myself for awhile. Gave me a 3 day excuse note.

Do we still have to go to work if u have a virus? I went to go see the doctor because I am sick. I called out but manager kept telling me it's OK, just wear a mask. I said my body also doesn't feel good. I need to rest. Doctor then told me I have a virus and should probably confine myself for awhile. Gave me a 3 day excuse note.
Technically we're supposed to encourage that you work, but assign you to a non-food work-center. Depending on the type of sickness you have, we may have to send you home.

Fun fact: if you have diarrhea, you are technically supposed to be excluded from the store and sent home.

Back