Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Could be burnout. Really, PAs should be the ones doing the ordering and TPCs. They also should be doing the morning cull and Meat coupons.

What sets them apart from a market team member is inventory management through ordering and pricing (coupons and TPCs). These responsibilities are why PAs are paid more. They should also be a leader when it comes to food safety. Anyone working on the sales floor should know how to cull, FIFO, work pulls from the coolers and freezer, one line date, print scale labels, QMOS, etc. Whether or not they are actually expected to do these things kind of varies from store to store; but, in the most successful PFresh stores I've seen and know of freshness, food safety, cleanliness, food processes, sales...everything food is a full store effort.

@pfreshdude actually the way the routines are worded, flow should be working out the autofills, PA is responsible for the QMOS batches at 730. Verbatim from the routines: Ensure morning autofill is pushed. Work 730 autofill from QMOS.

@pfreshdude actually the way the routines are worded, flow should be working out the autofills, PA is responsible for the QMOS batches at 730. Verbatim from the routines: Ensure morning autofill is pushed. Work 730 autofill from QMOS.

How does flow have time to push pfresh autofills. We only also have flow 3 times a week and the pulls dont even get started til a little after 6.

Who pushes the rest of your stores autofills in the morning? That's who should be pushing them.

Who pushes the rest of your stores autofills in the morning? That's who should be pushing them.

Our 2 backroom TMs....

Am I actually one of the few PAs or people who work in pfresh who pushes autofills in the morning? I thought this was a pretty standard thing for the opener to do. When I went for training before we launched PFresh that store was the same way we do ours

All I'm saying is that logistics is allocated the hours to push autofills. All the autofills except for the 730am batches. If you have to push the morning pulls to ensure that they are done then that's what you have to do. My PAs push the autofills as well, but that doesn't mean they should be the ones pushing them.

All I'm saying is that logistics is allocated the hours to push autofills. All the autofills except for the 730am batches. If you have to push the morning pulls to ensure that they are done then that's what you have to do. My PAs push the autofills as well, but that doesn't mean they should be the ones pushing them.

If they arent getting done at that posters perticular store then that opening PA needs to do them though.

Also I wouldnt want anyone outside my market team to even do the autofills, especially the backroom.

Backroom is also supposed to one line date any items that are thaw and sell, but that never happens lol. And that's best practice haha.

We backstock our cats for the coolers and freezer. It helps, since no one in Backroom goes into the coolers for any reason other than to pull batches. So yeah, I know your pain.

We backstock our cats for the coolers and freezer. It helps, since no one in Backroom goes into the coolers for any reason other than to pull batches. So yeah, I know your pain.
We backstock our CAFs too.

Autofills should be pushed and one before we PAs even arrive at the store at 6am...

There is a reason they drop at 4:30 or whatever, When they are pushed they can be culled through and then everything that was pushed on those pulls can be culled out that needs to be.

The SDA should never be done until the Overnight PFresh Pulls are done (which doesn't drop until 6am), just how many items do you have on that pull that are sitting there unlocated that will NOT be in the SDA?

Judging by many people here all of our stores are VERY different, be it because we have different volumes or different responsibilities...

First of all I made a mistake on the truck that it was coming clean on Tuesday. No Tuesday's FDC truck was another epic fail, only 1 flow TM to push the truck. Right now we have
2 and 1/2 dairy pallets and 2 freezer pallets just sitting from Tuesdays truck and we get another truck on Thursday, not sure where in the freezer they will put those 3 pallets of freezer, with the 14 metros, 2 tubs and 1 flat of backstock in there.
What hours were allocated to push a 800 piece pfresh truck only 8 hrs for 1 TM ? I guess things don't get done when the ETL-LOG is on another vacation.
The ambient, bananas, meat, produce, specialty milk is done cause that is the PA responsilblity at our store. Also, push 200 gallons of milk, from 2 full pallets.

As for autofills, the flow TMs push them ONLY on truck days at my store, we as PAs have to push them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. This cuts into the normal opening routine.
The closer has to do a deep cull in the pfresh valley so the opener bascially only has to look at the berries and bananas. But most times depending on who closes that never happens.
Just like the salads need fifo'd and I know who doesn't do that, lol.
We backstock, the ambient, meat, pro cooler. The dairy and freezer are on the backroom to backstock, just do not have the time. I sometimes backstock 1 or 2 metros in dairy when I close, cause I can super zone fpresh, lunchmeat/lunchables/hotdogs, eggs/creamer, yougurt/juice and the 5 freezer aisle in like 1 1/2 hours.

lol, I always always do the SDA first thing after my cull. We have to have it doen by 7:15 for the 7:30 cafs to fall. I always look at the stuff on the auto fills as I push them to not put expired stuff out on the shelves. Why do you need to cull through stuff coming out on autofills ??? You should always look at what you put on the shelf, including expiration dates !
sometimes the autofills are not pulled until 6AM.

this time of the year is the most stressfull for a PA, so please give us some slack and help us out. I need a team of 10 people to get my truck caught up.
But hey we have a BIG visit on November 18th, so I'm sure we will be clean by then or NOT.

Last edited:
Someone at my store forgot to do the order.
facepalm.gif

it doesn't matter most everything these days is either headquarter ordered or just FDC push. So, you may be out of strawberries for 2 days, flex over what you have of grapes.

The only autofill flo does for us is dairy and frozen, we do produce, meat and bakery. Flo does not always do their autos, so we do them if we can or have the inclination...it goes back and forth. Every new ctl it changes. We are a 6am truck store now which further impacts that.

My market c&s person is responsible for backstocking produce, meat and deli-deli is pushed by flo, meat and produce by market. Flo backstocks bakery but the market person pushes and monarchs it.

Sda is scheduled in our routine at like ten am. I do it after the cull in the morning, at about 7am. My closer doesn't cull, tpc or coupon. They are just salesfloor tm willing to work in market. Opener does all that. Plus push milk.

I have issues with my fellow pas not getting the autos pushed, let alone and cafs. Or getting a good cull, or couponing all the meat...it's a fight. And between the three ctls and two etls I've been through since moving to market it's impossible to set a standard and hold people to it. The only bargaining chip I have is steriotech standards and state or federal law. Every other best practice can be fought with "own your business"

First of all I made a mistake on the truck that it was coming clean on Tuesday. No Tuesday's FDC truck was another epic fail, only 1 flow TM to push the truck. Right now we have
2 and 1/2 dairy pallets and 2 freezer pallets just sitting from Tuesdays truck and we get another truck on Thursday, not sure where in the freezer they will put those 3 pallets of freezer, with the 14 metros, 2 tubs and 1 flat of backstock in there.
What hours were allocated to push a 800 piece pfresh truck only 8 hrs for 1 TM ? I guess things don't get done when the ETL-LOG is on another vacation.
The ambient, bananas, meat, produce, specialty milk is done cause that is the PA responsilblity at our store. Also, push 200 gallons of milk, from 2 full pallets.

As for autofills, the flow TMs push them ONLY on truck days at my store, we as PAs have to push them on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday. This cuts into the normal opening routine.
The closer has to do a deep cull in the pfresh valley so the opener bascially only has to look at the berries and bananas. But most times depending on who closes that never happens.
We backstock, the ambient, meat, pro cooler. The dairy and freezer are on the backroom to backstock, just do not have the time. I sometimes backstock 1 or 2 metros in dairy when I close, cause I can super zone fpresh, lunchmeat/lunchables/hotdogs, eggs/creamer, yougurt/juice and the 5 freezer aisle in like 1 1/2 hours.

lol, I always always do the SDA first thing after my cull. We have to have it doen by 7:15 for the 7:30 cafs to fall. I always look at the stuff on the auto fills as I push them to not put expired stuff out on the shelves. Why do you need to cull through stuff coming out on autofills ??? You should always look at what you put on the shelf, including expiration dates !

this time of the year is the most stressfull for a PA, so please give us some slack and help us out. I need a team of 10 people to get my truck caught up.
But hey we have a BIG visit on November 18th, so I'm sure we will be clean by then or NOT.

I wish we only had to zone pfresh and freezers...they made the closing market team be responsible for zoning G6-G39 which is all Coolers, Freezers, Pfresh and the entire dry market section

And by closing market team..I mean the one unfor TM that has to close haha. Especially when that TM has to be pulled to do other workcenters like Electronics or Backroom because of callouts or breaks or what have you

Also has anyone ordered any turkeys yet...my backroom is still stuffed with them and theres only like 2 weeks til thanksgiving..

Last edited:

I wish we only had to zone pfresh and freezers...they made the closing market team be responsible for zoning G6-G39 which is all Coolers, Freezers, Pfresh and the entire dry market section

And by closing market team..I mean the one unfor TM that has to close haha. Especially when that TM has to be pulled to do other workcenters like Electronics or Backroom because of callouts or breaks or what have you

Also has anyone ordered any turkeys yet...my backroom is still stuffed with them and theres only like 2 weeks til thanksgiving..
Couple years ago they wanted me to have two flats worth of turkeys out back. On flats, not on the located racks. Never again. I keep one or two cases of each bug size, one if the smaller, two or three of breasts and the turkey in a bag. And I don't order more till they start selling.

If course I have idiots ordering with me this year so we well see how much they screw it up. Usually it's forgetting unless reminded or ordering sale items just cause they are on sale...even if we can't give that item away.

i have been ordering the 20-24 butterball, 4 cases. 18-20 butterball 4 cases, and the MP Turkey breast, 4 cases. I have ordered the MP 10-12, 12-14, 14-16, 16-18, 18-20 and 20-24 but only got the initial order and the last 2 orders none have come in for Market Pantry, we only get the Turkey Breast. I get what I order for Butterball.

We have sold about 10 Turkeys so far (all butterball and the bigger the better) and probably 20 of the MP turkey breast.

We've sold 25-30 cases of the turkey breast already. When they go in the ad it's hard to keep them in stock. I've got them in an endcap as well as the bunker. Just wish they weren't still coming in labeled at .99 #. Pain in the ass to relabel so many.

We've sold a decent amount of the Butterballs so far. Not much of the Market Pantry.

I have a question about ordering Turkeys, I'm sure this was on redwire but I haven't had a chance to check it.

I order the Butterball turkeys and Market Pantry Turkey breast and they all come in for what I order, no problems.

I order the Market Pantry Turkeys and only got the initial order which are ALL gone now that they are advertised.
In the PDA it says my order is still there for each dcpi. I ordered: 3 (10-12 lbs), 2 (14-16), 1 (16-18), 2 (18-20), 3 (20-22), 4 (22-24) ... but receive none and that is what is still
in the system when I go to order them again.

Is there a redwire notice that says anthing about this ??

thanks in advance whoever answers me, much appreciated.

I have a question about ordering Turkeys, I'm sure this was on redwire but I haven't had a chance to check it.

I order the Butterball turkeys and Market Pantry Turkey breast and they all come in for what I order, no problems.

I order the Market Pantry Turkeys and only got the initial order which are ALL gone now that they are advertised.
In the PDA it says my order is still there for each dcpi. I ordered: 3 (10-12 lbs), 2 (14-16), 1 (16-18), 2 (18-20), 3 (20-22), 4 (22-24) ... but receive none and that is what is still
in the system when I go to order them again.

Is there a redwire notice that says anthing about this ??

thanks in advance whoever answers me, much appreciated.

Yes there was a redwire about it. Dpci's changed because they combined some of the weights. There is 10-12, 12-16, 16-20 and 20-24. I don't know the Dpci's off the top of my head but our label strips for the bunker had the old ones and the new ones on it. You could print all labels from the pog # and see if you can get them.

If that doesn't work I can get them for you in the AM when I go in.

Back