Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Im shocked people are selling through their turkeys..I filled the bunker up 2 weeks ago and the only thing we sold is the breasts and a few turkeys here and there

Us too. Not much moving at all...the lack of label strips could have something to do with it though.

The only autofill flo does for us is dairy and frozen, we do produce, meat and bakery. Flo does not always do their autos, so we do them if we can or have the inclination...it goes back and forth. Every new ctl it changes. We are a 6am truck store now which further impacts that.

My market c&s person is responsible for backstocking produce, meat and deli-deli is pushed by flo, meat and produce by market. Flo backstocks bakery but the market person pushes and monarchs it.

Sda is scheduled in our routine at like ten am. I do it after the cull in the morning, at about 7am. My closer doesn't cull, tpc or coupon. They are just salesfloor tm willing to work in market. Opener does all that. Plus push milk.

I have issues with my fellow pas not getting the autos pushed, let alone and cafs. Or getting a good cull, or couponing all the meat...it's a fight. And between the three ctls and two etls I've been through since moving to market it's impossible to set a standard and hold people to it. The only bargaining chip I have is steriotech standards and state or federal law. Every other best practice can be fought with "own your business"
Why is Flo from progressive doing the work a target tm should be doing?

Our turkeys are finally starting to move...but just the large ones. We recieved 2 pallets of BB and MP 12-16lb and 1 pallet of BB 20-24. Bizzare. The 12-16 are barely selling, I'm nearly done with my 20-24. The 12-16s I'm going to have until Christmas I bet....I might have to TPC those further to get rid of them.

Yes ours are selling. We only got what I ordered. The big birds are flying out of the bunker, better watch out. Good thing I order 4 cases of the 20/24 butterball 3 times a week for the last 2 weeks, that 24 cases and have sold about 10 cases so far. I will finally order the correct dcpis for the mp turkeys to come in on Saturday. After ordering too many mp turkeys last year I know how to order turkeys this year.

The only autofill flo does for us is dairy and frozen, we do produce, meat and bakery. Flo does not always do their autos, so we do them if we can or have the inclination...it goes back and forth. Every new ctl it changes. We are a 6am truck store now which further impacts that.

My market c&s person is responsible for backstocking produce, meat and deli-deli is pushed by flo, meat and produce by market. Flo backstocks bakery but the market person pushes and monarchs it.

Sda is scheduled in our routine at like ten am. I do it after the cull in the morning, at about 7am. My closer doesn't cull, tpc or coupon. They are just salesfloor tm willing to work in market. Opener does all that. Plus push milk.

I have issues with my fellow pas not getting the autos pushed, let alone and cafs. Or getting a good cull, or couponing all the meat...it's a fight. And between the three ctls and two etls I've been through since moving to market it's impossible to set a standard and hold people to it. The only bargaining chip I have is steriotech standards and state or federal law. Every other best practice can be fought with "own your business"
Why is Flo from progressive doing the work a target tm should be doing?
Cause somebody has to do the work ;-)

Autocorrect on phone.

Ground meat has been very light for about a month now. Only get the 1 lbs and only 1 box of each. No t-bones no ribeye very light on chickens. I order lot of chicken parmasen. To flex and lots of asparagus chicken the pork is alright. But the whole fresh meat looks very bad. We get a FDC truck.

i'm just gonna look at the scale for all the dcpis for my meat and see what i can order. I will order like 3 boxes of every meat that I can order and see what comes in on Thursday.

We just did TINV last night, so our counts should be right for a day or two.

Came in Sunday to an empty meat wall, no pulls waiting on the meat cart, so I purged the full racks and pushed it all to the floor. I maybe had something like 4 partial cases of chicken to backstock, then I pushed the meat pallet that came off the truck. I ended up fairly full after that, but I can't figure out why it wasn't dropping MTCL batches. Not someone burning them...they just weren't dropping.

Last edited:
We've had pallets cut from our truck due to truck weight policies. Except the driver doesn't say anything and you randomly get a delivery the next day with 0 communication as to why or what it is.

I'm really surprised you had a TINV scheduled this close to Thanksgiving though. How much fun was it counting all the turkeys?

My district always has a quarterly inventory a week or two before Thanksgiving. Counting turkeys actually wasn't too bad. After counting full bunkers and four HQ pushed pallets in the backroom last year (we were a new remodel that had never been through Q4 with PFresh, so our forecasts were ridiculously wrong!), I made sure that we let turkeys sell down over the last week. Only had a half a pallet of butterballs and a half pallet of MP breasts in the back. Easy peasy. Counting the floor took a little bit longer since I had to actually add up all the weights, and I had to add them up by weight range. A little more involved this year since we have a mix of relabeled ones with the old DPCIs and new ones under the new DPCIs. But it honestly wasn't all that bad. We get an FDC delivery on Tuesdays, so I ordered what we needed on Monday. Our MP bunker emptied out right as the truck got there with all the new turkeys!

Definitely learned my lesson from last year. I will never get stuck with 8,000 lbs of turkey sitting in my freezer all Q4 ever again. Yes, 8,000lbs. 4 tons of turkey. Literally.

Order what you will sell. Order what will get you through to your next truck.

One thing that annoys me about PFresh transitions though is that we are supposed to control our inventory levels through TPCs on perishables. I completely understand not clearance ticketing pieces of fruit or even bagged vegetables. But why will HQ not clearance ticket juices, cheeses, dips, dressings, and other stuff like that. Every time we attempt to TPC the insanely long list of discontinued products, we sell some of it and then see heavier replenishment. Hell, I still get replenishment on items that haven't been in our set since summer. And there is nowhere to flex any of it!!! I end up having to turn half of my promo endcap into a TPC case of a random assortment of items. But then I keep getting more of some items even though they are Dcode. I can't ever sell out since we keep getting pushes since the stuff is selling!

Came in Sunday to an empty meat wall, no pulls waiting on the meat cart, so I purged the full racks and pushed it all to the floor. I maybe had something like 4 partial cases of chicken to backstock, then I pushed the meat pallet that came off the truck. I ended up fairly full after that, but I can't figure out why it wasn't dropping MTCL batches. Not someone burning them...they just weren't dropping.
Check the pog to see if your meat is all nop. Our pog was old and dropped out of the system and now all fresh meat is nop and not coming out on pulls. The other pas are clueless. Lol

Check the pog to see if your meat is all nop. Our pog was old and dropped out of the system and now all fresh meat is nop and not coming out on pulls. The other pas are clueless. Lol
I'll check this. I'm going to have to do some research into the issue because there were no batches again today up through the 4s. But we got a big meat pallet yesterday that I pushed and backstocked, so I think there was actually a legitimate reason for no batches to drop this time.

Back