Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

We get a truck Tues, Thursdday & Saturday.
Place order: Sunday for Tues. delivery,,, Tuesday for Thursday delivery,,, and Thursday for Saturday delivery.

does anyone else have to order this week on Monday December 23rd for Thursday dec. 26th delivery ???
I think this is due to the Holiday (Christmas) and C&S will be close, they will pull and put pallets on the truck Tues for Thursday delivery.

I have to order on tues for Friday because our Thursday truck isn't coming. DC guys have Christmas off too! We usually get four trucks per week.

Also, our instocks have been surprizongly good with the most cuts in produce. Very few in meat.

We get a truck Tues, Thursdday & Saturday.
Place order: Sunday for Tues. delivery,,, Tuesday for Thursday delivery,,, and Thursday for Saturday delivery.

does anyone else have to order this week on Monday December 23rd for Thursday dec. 26th delivery ???
I think this is due to the Holiday (Christmas) and C&S will be close, they will pull and put pallets on the truck Tues for Thursday delivery.

I have to order on tues for Friday because our Thursday truck isn't coming. DC guys have Christmas off too! We usually get four trucks per week.

Also, our instocks have been surprizongly good with the most cuts in produce. Very few in meat.

We get MWF deliveries, and I know for sure we're getting a truck tomorrow, and I think Friday should stay the same, but I'm not sure if our 3rd truck is coming on Thursday or Saturday yet instead. I think we also order tomorrow for Thursday? If that happens? This was my weekend off so hopefully I get the scoop tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on, lol.

I'm not sure what our normal C&S schedule is, but we're getting a truck Thursday morning and I have to go in at 4AM to help push.

I'm not sure what our normal C&S schedule is, but we're getting a truck Thursday morning and I have to go in at 4AM to help push.

ah if only the truck would arrive by 4 AM and the team was scheduled at 4 AM... our team is not scheduled till 7 AM and the truck is usually late.

ah if only the truck would arrive by 4 AM and the team was scheduled at 4 AM... our team is not scheduled till 7 AM and the truck is usually late.

I'm terrified thinking about how our truck push is going to go once 4th quarter is over and we have no extra hours to keep people around when the truck is 3-4 hours late.

So we are 2 days into 1st quarter payroll and I already hate everything. Now we're being asked to zone dry market in addition to Pfresh, I'm giving it 2 weeks before they expect us to start going up for backup. Sure, I will zone dry market right after I fill the floor, sweep ambient/produce/meat coolers, clean up all of the cardboard and trash the opener left, finish backstocking the truck, work out pro/meat/cooler/freezer CAFs, backstock pro/meat/ambient, fill milk, fill bananas, fill bananas again, pull and QMOS outdates, fill milk again, help 3405830458 guests...

Seasonal payroll really spoiled us.

So we are 2 days into 1st quarter payroll and I already hate everything. Now we're being asked to zone dry market in addition to Pfresh, I'm giving it 2 weeks before they expect us to start going up for backup. Sure, I will zone dry market right after I fill the floor, sweep ambient/produce/meat coolers, clean up all of the cardboard and trash the opener left, finish backstocking the truck, work out pro/meat/cooler/freezer CAFs, backstock pro/meat/ambient, fill milk, fill bananas, fill bananas again, pull and QMOS outdates, fill milk again, help 3405830458 guests...

You were lucky you didnt have to do this allready. We have had to zone dry market for over a year now. You dont have to go for backup either? Lucky!!! I was in today to buy a few things and they were demanding the PA go grab carts because apparently everyone else was too busy :huh:

You were lucky you didnt have to do this allready. We have had to zone dry market for over a year now. You dont have to go for backup either? Lucky!!! I was in today to buy a few things and they were demanding the PA go grab carts because apparently everyone else was too busy :huh:

I think the only reason we didn't have to to begin with is because our Pfresh opened right as 4th quarter began, so we had the hours to afford everyone to their own section without having to double up or wave anything like we do the rest of the year.

ever since we finished remodel, PAs and the CTL have been expected to do all of the above. It's impossible.

Speaking of having to do more in less time, opening PAs start at 7am now on the schedule that just posted...

Speaking of having to do more in less time, opening PAs start at 7am now on the schedule that just posted...

Our folks start at 6am.

That's when we're supposed to start too, but I believe this schedule is either the first or second week of 1st quarter, so payroll is probably atrocious. It just sucks that hour cuts have to come at the expense of the employees who work the hardest (talking about everyone here, not just PAs). And now we're already going to be behind to start the day before we even walk in the door, so there's that.

Cutting hours in pfresh/food is awful. It's compromising food safety for profits. Who knows when it will come back on target in a bad way...

If a bunch of red Steritech visits don't do it, then what will?

Right!?!
What's worse is green Steritech visits but the problems are hidden...finding a ton of out of dates working FDC (not just missed by two or three days--dates missed by weeks) or freshness Fridays with horrible out of dates in dry grocery too, and the dirty nasty shelves and backrooms. (Last but not least, the cleaning logs that aren't filled out or other routines that aren't completed)

Cutting hours in pfresh/food is awful. It's compromising food safety for profits. Who knows when it will come back on target in a bad way...

Right!?!
What's worse is green Steritech visits but the problems are hidden...finding a ton of out of dates working FDC (not just missed by two or three days--dates missed by weeks) or freshness Fridays with horrible out of dates in dry grocery too, and the dirty nasty shelves and backrooms. (Last but not least, the cleaning logs that aren't filled out or other routines that aren't completed)

We just had our first yellow visit in literally over a year. We had a high-risk critical in the dairy cooler that didn't have to do with Pfresh, but I know they're going to crack down on our cleaning, while cutting our hours of course. Because that makes sense.

Right!?!

Green Steritech visit!? Those exist???

Right!?!

Green Steritech visit!? Those exist???
P fresh is usually green in our store but Starbucks and food Ave always have high risk criticals

For curiosity's sake, a question for my fellow PA's. How do you go about keeping the SDA up to date? For awhile, I was scheduled once a week or every other week as a mid shift and would go through aisle by aisle and check dates & add to the SDA. It was incredibly time consuming and once the holiday's hit, it basically stopped happening, and it really isn't coming back. We got hit with some out of date products on floor/in coolers with a steritech visit recently and while I went through today and added a bunch of stuff, I know more could need added, and that it needs done more regularly. What systems out there do you all use? ETL is thinking of on certain days certain areas get spot checked and added. Actually having freshness Fridays regularly again will help as well.

Side note: Flow TL claimed it wasn't that big of a deal to have expired product in the coolers & that "we won't get dinged for it". Glad I wasn't there when they said that, I likely would have killed him.

Have your flow TL tell that to Steritech and then we'll see how that goes! Hahaha. As far as SDA entry, I've found that I'm able to spend the most time flagging stuff during my zone when I close... and that's about it. Any free time not dedicated to tasks is getting harder and harder for us to come by, especially with hours getting cut and increased responsibilities coming. So in this case, the more hands you can get on deck, the better. Teach a couple people on your food truck team how to use SDA as well. If they can get their hands on a PDA, it'll help a lot. Front end can also check candy and snacks at the lanes during slow times as well (even though those are the most annoying things to check sometimes... :p ). Have your BR team write the expiration dates on the outside of casepacks if they don't already; it makes flagging and pulling so much easier. The store I did my PA training at didn't and I couldn't believe it. That way they can also be your eyes back in the coolers and flag stuff as they see it.

We have a similar problem with our SDA. I feel like we're short dating plenty of stuff, but when it comes time to complete the task list it seems like it always takes us on the same exact path through market.

I also heard somewhere that the SDA task list will never be larger than 50 items with the sales floor and Backroom combined. Not sure if that's true, but it is something worth noting.

Last edited:
Thanks. And having the BR write dates would be helpful for me, but wouldn't do a damn thing for them. Can't even begin to tell you how often I've found expired product on my pulls. They don't know what dates are/don't care.

I feel like the biggest SDA I had was 50 items myself, both the day before Thanksgiving & the Day before Christmas (store closed next day=HUGE SDA).
SL always checks baby food for SDA, checklanes & food ave add their stuff as well, so don't need to do that.

I was also told by my ETL yesterday that when you add something to the SDA, it adds it to the entire district's SDA. Explains why some random ass things pop up sometimes, at least to me.

SDA when zoning would work if i had the time to zone in the evening... between pushing milk, pouring milk down the drain and not to metion pushing truck push for 3 to 4 hours a day, that is alll I do anymore on a closing shift... besides 30 minutues to qmos bagged salads and meat !!!!!!!

please oh please,,,, we need all the help in pfresh we can get.

Flow team put more people on the truck day, you know produce is part of the truck and is still logistics responsiblity to get done !!

You know the Grocery department will keep Target a float for the next serveral months, the sales will come from prfeash... as long as we get the truck pushed, damn it logistics ETL do your job !!

Back