Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Oh my gawd I am so tired of having to beg for TM's to push the food truck and to backstock it. I don't mind helping but it so often just gets left undone, so I end up doing most of it. Hello execs....the dept is comping up in double digits. Could you please give a few fucks and get me some help?

Ya market teams seems to be ending up pushing Produce, Meat, and Bakery items along with backstocking it and the damn team that is pushing still can never have time to backstock what they push. Is backstock supposed to come out of those hours too? Im so sick of the whole truck process. I dont mind helping here and there but we do 1/5 of it almost every damn time now.

At least I convinced my TL(who is the TL over the entire floor, no CTL) to allow market to graciously be allowed to use HALF of what we are allocated instead of our hours being leeched by other workcenters. We were supposed to get 200+ hours almost every week but dont see any of that. And they wonder why cleaning doesnt get done...is it a freaking mystery? Who has time for cleaning, like, seriously. You give us half the hours we should be getting and then wonder why Market isnt perfect. Always extra projects to do, Always have to help push and backstock the C&S truck, running around helping guests all over the store, doing reshop, having 40 minute working huddles, being pulled to help do MYFA or to help with backroom push...SMH...

Last edited:
Oh my gawd I am so tired of having to beg for TM's to push the food truck and to backstock it. I don't mind helping but it so often just gets left undone, so I end up doing most of it. Hello execs....the dept is comping up in double digits. Could you please give a few fucks and get me some help?
This and I'll add a few more fucks please!!!!

Ya market teams seems to be ending up pushing Produce, Meat, and Bakery items along with backstocking it and the damn team that is pushing still can never have time to backstock what they push. Is backstock supposed to come out of those hours too? Im so sick of the whole truck process. I dont mind helping here and there but we do 1/5 of it almost every damn time now.

At least I convinced my TL(who is the TL over the entire floor, no CTL) to allow market to graciously be allowed to use HALF of what we are allocated instead of our hours being leeched by other workcenters. We were supposed to get 200+ hours almost every week but dont see any of that. And they wonder why cleaning doesnt get done...is it a freaking mystery? Who has time for cleaning, like, seriously. You give us half the hours we should be getting and then wonder why Market isnt perfect. Always extra projects to do, Always have to help push and backstock the C&S truck, running around helping guests all over the store, doing reshop, having 40 minute working huddles, being pulled to help do MYFA or to help with backroom push...SMH...
The allocation is essentially logistics. So backroom should be doing that as well. Some stores may break it down a bit differently. I don't mind my team doing it, but the hours need to come out of their pool instead of mine.

we printed out best practice for the truck the other day. Holy crap. Food is supposed to be 1st priority and the # of tm's that are supposed to be pushing and backstocking blew my mind. After the holidays I'm going be challenging mgmt bigtime.

Good luck. We are so far off best practice, right now. We are just holding on/doing the minimum for the next two weeks.

As a CTL, I wish they'd let me use half of the allocated hours. They just cut it away. :'(

Sounds a lot like my store. I remember when we used timers. and actually did a 2 o'clock cull. and actually had a food truck team.

It i
I usually put ground pork over the ground meat on the 4 foot section so it is still above the ground meat but not mixed in with fresh meat if that makes sense

Ground Meat/Pork has its own rack at my store.

MyDevices barely(if at all) ever work in my store in our Coolers so I made BR/Flow aware that if they backstock it wrong I am not pulling it, and instead just grabbing it, pushing it, then putting it where it should be with a backstock clip to screw with their scores.

Anyone with the "PFAB" set (We've had it since July) notice they are routinely destroying their guardrails? (we are about 80-90% status weekly), but still shooting accurate orders?

Have been confronted saying they will "audit the orders", but my reply is that they should be auditing our TPC's. (My Partner PA never does them).

LOL auditing TPCs or auditing the order lmao nobody at my store does that

except me when I have to tell me CTL to kindly stop fucking ordering things we won't sell

my store got four racks: 1) Ground meat 2 and 3) pork uncooked bacon steak 4) turkey and chicken

Conversations with my CTL

CTL: im ordering pineapples because holidays coming up
Me: plz dont we alreay have a casepack in the back
CTL: it's christnas they'll sell
Me: You said that at Thanksgiving and they still didn't
CTL: lol fuk u

Also someone please tell me how to get bagged avocados off of store order

Pffft guardrails are pointless since the MyDevices don't take into account your projected qmos like the order app on the pda's did.
I was always so far outside it wasn't funny. But it was always perfect if they sent what I wanted...and nobody ever says anything to me about it.

I was always so far outside it wasn't funny. But it was always perfect if they sent what I wanted...and nobody ever says anything to me about it.
I'd settle for HQ not ordering stuff for me that I order. I end up with so much shit I don't need. Kinda wish they would make EGGs store orderable, but they would likely send a ton of them anyway.

I'd settle for HQ not ordering stuff for me that I order. I end up with so much shit I don't need. Kinda wish they would make EGGs store orderable, but they would likely send a ton of them anyway.
I rotate out old eggs (even if they don't expire for 7 days) from the sales floor and toss 4 boxes each truck that way they don't sit on the shelf being expired .
I hate it when they keep sending eggs like its easter !!

So I worked til 6:30 xmas eve....naturally our largest truck is on thursday and it hadnt come in when I came in at noon. Still wasnt in a few hours later and my LOD said they called the store and said they would be there from 6-6:30. So awesome to hear that considering I had to leave right away and be somewhere after that. Came just before 6 and the driver..let me tell you man..this guy....

first....he came to guest service and let them know C&S was here. LOD and my other market coworker went back there and no truck was at the dock. He finally pulled around but was so offcenter he had to back out again and reposition the truck. Then his paperwork was all just jumbled together and he basically dissapeared the entire time I was unloading the truck. Like always we are the first stop which means moving a ton of pallets around. Even though they came at 6 freaking pm. Still had 3 other stops so im sure that was fun for those stores. The blue seperator from the freezer and dairy wasnt even bolted on the sides with the straps so I did that as well when putting everything back. Had to be there later til almost 6:45 or so....sigh...I hate the whole C&S process from the unload to the push to the backstock

I don't TPC salads because coupons.

I was told to only do 25% max I didn't know I could do more. I need to get the 43 two pound bags of peppers sold.

Back