Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

That's interesting since mine come on black plastic pallets.

Mine also comes on blue pallets, we get our pfresh from C&S. Is your pfresh delivered by an FDC?

We get ours from C&S as well. My guess is that they do get their p fresh truck delivered by target FDC.

Speaking of Target's Food Distribution Center, does anyone know if their store is going to switch from C&S to FDC when the new Food Distribution Center in Ohio opens sometime this year? I remember someone posted this link a few months back. If anyone has any new information on this new FDC, met us know. I would love to get away from C&S.

Are you in one of the states listed in the article? I'm not, so no FDC for my store. Do FDC boxes come with pick labels like the ones from GM truck?

Sometime your leadership just has to spend the hours. Or you get a freezer like that. Now imagine the hours it will take to clean that up and how long you will be dealing with the fall out from it. After we went Pfresh I was told we would have more hours.

The thing is, I believe no one on management cares enough to get put in the spotlight and spend hours on fixing the freezer and the rest of the coolers. They are like "oh p fresh, it doesnt affect me" (looks the other way). The ETL LOG comes back from vacation today. I want to tell her that the coolers (mainly the freezer) needs to get pushed, cleaned and backstocked. I want to tell her that one day, you need to have a bunch of people pushimg then backstocking the coolers all in one shift. I want to tell her that it has been backed up for too long. I dont want to hear "I already know there is an issue with backroom p fresh and I dont need you telling me wha needs to be done"

I am just sick of these coolers. We havent been completely cleaned since late October.

If we can get people to push all the product, then backstock everything, that would be the first step. We then need at least 5 team members per truck who know the p fresh area, know how to b-code, and know how to backstock. If these people push the autofills, push the truck, b-code the truck and backstock the truck themselves, it would help put so much. Then on non truck days, we have one of these team members backstock the autofills.

You know what group of people at your store DO have hours....the ETLS!!!! They are not hourly and could get it done if they actually wanted it to come clean. Thats one of the reasons I love my ETL team they work hard and get shit done and if our store has some sort of issue somewhere they make sure it gets taken care of, either by themselves or through working huddle or more hours

Last edited:
Count me in, too. My ctl is awesome. They told the stl about hours for pfresh. Computer says 120 hours for truck & regular shifts. They do schedule to match what the computer says. Then, etl-hr takes off 25 hours & says that you are over in hours.for p-fresh truck & regular shifts. The ctl says, I matched the computer & now get ithe schedule fixed. That event made me wonder about payroll hours vs computer. What is the real truth?

Your STL or whichever ETL does the forecast gets the total hours forecast, and then allocate to the respective departments as they choose, with the computer generated hours as a guideline to what they should have. In my store sales floor, guest experience and food typically get cut 10% to 15% of their "suggested hours" to make sure logistics is taken care of.

My CTL is PISSED we lost hours. We had enough to have one person in there open, one close, with maybe half an hour overlap most days. Now the closer won't be in til 4-4:30, leaving market with ZERO coverage for at least 2 hours. Everywhere else in the store that wouldn't fly, but for some reason we are ok to not have coverage. And it's going to be even more awful on truck days because those 2 hours we would come in & spend time pushing truck. Now we are going to get in & have enough time to do CAFs, cull, & clean and that will be it.

And if your store is like mine they will still expect you to zone EVERYTHING in market and then be SHOCKED when you cant get it all done and look at you like you are slacking off and just wasting time in Market not doing anything important.

That's interesting since mine come on black plastic pallets.

Mine also comes on blue pallets, we get our pfresh from C&S. Is your pfresh delivered by an FDC?

We get ours from C&S as well. My guess is that they do get their p fresh truck delivered by target FDC.

Speaking of Target's Food Distribution Center, does anyone know if their store is going to switch from C&S to FDC when the new Food Distribution Center in Ohio opens sometime this year? I remember someone posted this link a few months back. If anyone has any new information on this new FDC, met us know. I would love to get away from C&S.

Are you in one of the states listed in the article? I'm not, so no FDC for my store. Do FDC boxes come with pick labels like the ones from GM truck?

I hate to double post but oh well. Unfortunately, FDC does not provide pic labels. I know it sucks. You just have to b-code as always. Sorry guys...

I haven't heard anything for certain, but my store is serviced by the RDC in the same city, so we may switch from C&S to the new FDC.

I think the new FDC will have pic lables (I heard the newest one before the Ohio one does?) but the existing ones (Ceder Falls for sure) doesn't. Backroom would be over the moon if our stuff came in already labled, lol. BCoding is what takes 60-70 percent of the backstocking time after a truck...

I think the new FDC will have pic lables (I heard the newest one before the Ohio one does?) but the existing ones (Ceder Falls for sure) doesn't. Backroom would be over the moon if our stuff came in already labled, lol. BCoding is what takes 60-70 percent of the backstocking time after a truck...

If the food trucks came with pic labels it would make life so much easier. It can't be that hard to pic label at the FDC right?

We got a new FDC last year that has pic labels on the stuff. The pic labels look like they're printed on inkjets when the cartridge is low and often missing lines in the middle of the barcode. We have to print a new label on about half of the backstock (or say F--- it and key it in). It's a definite improvement though.

As far as the new FDC in Ohio, this is what I've heard so far:

For 3 weeks, starting in February and Ending in the 1st week of March, stores that are transitioning will receive 2 trucks on food delivery days. The first week a small percent will come from the FDC, most will still come from C&S. 2nd week, it will be about 50-50 (not exactly, but close). The 3rd week, everything will come from the new FDC. Trucks will come within 4 hours of each other. Stores undergoing this transition will NOT be given additional payroll.

Count me in, too. My ctl is awesome. They told the stl about hours for pfresh. Computer says 120 hours for truck & regular shifts. They do schedule to match what the computer says. Then, etl-hr takes off 25 hours & says that you are over in hours.for p-fresh truck & regular shifts. The ctl says, I matched the computer & now get ithe schedule fixed. That event made me wonder about payroll hours vs computer. What is the real truth?

Your STL or whichever ETL does the forecast gets the total hours forecast, and then allocate to the respective departments as they choose, with the computer generated hours as a guideline to what they should have. In my store sales floor, guest experience and food typically get cut 10% to 15% of their "suggested hours" to make sure logistics is taken care of.

My CTL is PISSED we lost hours. We had enough to have one person in there open, one close, with maybe half an hour overlap most days. Now the closer won't be in til 4-4:30, leaving market with ZERO coverage for at least 2 hours. Everywhere else in the store that wouldn't fly, but for some reason we are ok to not have coverage. And it's going to be even more awful on truck days because those 2 hours we would come in & spend time pushing truck. Now we are going to get in & have enough time to do CAFs, cull, & clean and that will be it.

And if your store is like mine they will still expect you to zone EVERYTHING in market and then be SHOCKED when you cant get it all done and look at you like you are slacking off and just wasting time in Market not doing anything important.

Luckily no. They wave zone the whole store after noon, then a closer is almost always in market. So we are thankfully responsible for only P-fresh. However, we are always expected to push leftover produce from the trucks. Losing the 2 hours on a closing shift when I would typically do so is going to mean it isn't going to get done. So yeah gonna be interesting.

Why dont you just BCODE when you push. You are allready going right to the product to check if it is full or not. Barely takes more time to do it this way. This is how we do it at my store and then when we bring it to the backroom it is allready BCODED

Why dont you just BCODE when you push. You are allready going right to the product to check if it is full or not. Barely takes more time to do it this way. This is how we do it at my store and then when we bring it to the backroom it is allready BCODED

Yeah we bcode as we push the product. Makes life easier when backstocking since you don't have to waste time bcoding to backstock because it's been done already.

We bcode as we push the truck in the AM as well. Usually 1 BRTM dedicated to doing that.

We don't BCode as we push because it's two separate teams that push and backstock, and neither of them is pFresh affiliated. There's a couple people on Flow that always push pFresh trucks, and then they'll schedule 1-2 Backroom TM's to backstock. If the two groups got together and decided to work together I imagine you could do that, but I doubt there is any way we could get flow on board with messing around with printers and they won't schedule someone from BR early enough to be there while they push.

I trained at another store that had the pFresh opener mainly pushing the truck (they were an ULV so it was manageable) and they would BCode as they went. That definitely made sense there since they were pushing and backstocking their own stuff, but we've got too many fingers in the pie at my store.

We have a separate push team from backstock team (heck we are lucky if half the truck is backstocked before the next one arrives) & we bcode as we go. We just train anyone that helps push to bcode any full boxes, and just about everything for produce (not that they ever get that far). Just have one PDA and one printer, leave it on the backstock vehicle and bam there ya go. Bcode before it hits the backroom.

I think what Snookie meant is that if the FDC boxes had pick labels, nobody would have to BCODE. Regardless of who does it, someone is losing time because they have to BCODE all the casepacks.

Rough day today. I am really beginning to regret ever agreeing to "promote" to PA. If I had known then what I know now... hindsight is 20/20, I guess.

Mine sort of does. GM trucks are MWF early AM, FDC trucks are Mon/W/Sat Afternoons, GM trucks are pushed the day of, FDC trucks are pushed the morning after recieved.

For 2 out of 3 FDC/C&S truck days, yes. We are a 4 AM flow process, our food truck usually comes between 6-7 am (unless it's late...which is often).

Back