Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I do the exact same thing.

The trouble is when you have over zealous TMs that don't work in consumables.

I swear, every time we train a new TM on the meaning of gray dots I find one of them either asking me why I have outs on the table when it's full, or my dots go "missing", despite then being on the table and not the label strip.

Don't even get me started on flow team just throwing whole boxes of product up when the table isn't on end of season push. That's why they just put everything on a 3 tier these days and push it to my opener.

We have one of those Dymo label makers in our TSC that we use to mark capacities rather than the grey dots. We just stick the number right on the paper label strips, that way there's basically no worries about anything falling off, or confusion about outs. It looks a little classier than the grey dots too. :p

I do the exact same thing.

The trouble is when you have over zealous TMs that don't work in consumables.

I swear, every time we train a new TM on the meaning of gray dots I find one of them either asking me why I have outs on the table when it's full, or my dots go "missing", despite then being on the table and not the label strip.

Don't even get me started on flow team just throwing whole boxes of product up when the table isn't on end of season push. That's why they just put everything on a 3 tier these days and push it to my opener.

We have one of those Dymo label makers in our TSC that we use to mark capacities rather than the grey dots. We just stick the number right on the paper label strips, that way there's basically no worries about anything falling off, or confusion about outs. It looks a little classier than the grey dots too. :p

We use a different color of dots. :D

It was either the DTL or the FBP who yelled at us for writing the capacities on labels on the slacks of the bakery gondola. Forgot which.

I am mising my berry / grape pallet from Saturday, August 23rd, did anyone receive an extra pallet of berries ??? It would have been 20 cases of strawberries, 10 red grapes, 3 green grapes, 1 black grapes, 3 blackberries, 6 blueberries, 10 raspberries and other stuff that was missing.

I am completely out of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries (had about 4 0r 5 of them last night), red grapes, green grapes, black grapes --- all empty !!! thanks FDC.

I have flexed the fruit cut spears over these locations and spread out the baged oranges and clementines. We have the small bags of red and green grapes so that will last serveral hours today.

I will have to order tons of theses to come in on Tuesday, (probalby 2 pallets of just berries).

I will have to order tons of theses to come in on Tuesday, (probalby 2 pallets of just berries).

Which fdc are you served by? Sounds like mine. Cuts on every order, three days a week. My produce section is flex central.

Which fdc are you served by? Sounds like mine. Cuts on every order, three days a week. My produce section is flex central.

I'm from the new FDC out of Columbus Ohio.

We ran out of everything, almost had a few fruit spears left and single oranges and 2 or 3 limes.
don't worry we got 5 pallets of just produce today, hurray, now who's gonna work this out.... lol

I'm from the new FDC out of Columbus Ohio.

We ran out of everything, almost had a few fruit spears left and single oranges and 2 or 3 limes.
don't worry we got 5 pallets of just produce today, hurray, now who's gonna work this out.... lol

I'm sure they'll hold a smart huddle for you and have flow send some people over! /s

I'm sure they'll hold a smart huddle for you and have flow send some people over! /s

yeah, they already push dairy and freezer for an hour then run away to their areas as fast as they can. No smart huddle for produce at our store, we PA's are left with push produce by ourselves,
sometimes till the next day. :(:(o_O

All of our berries have been cut this week. Haven't been sent to another store, just cut. It looks silly with bagged apples there, but hey - no holes!

Once, we got a SuperT's order of bananas, as well as our own. For reference, we are a C Volume that orders between 8-10 cases of bananas an order. I think there were over 20 boxes on the SuperT's pallet alone, haha. Needless to say, we ended up donating a TON of bananas that week!

After hearing the horror stories of an FDC store, I'm glad we're serviced by a DSD. The screw ups aren't as bad as what I'm reading here.

Once, we got a SuperT's order of bananas, as well as our own. For reference, we are a C Volume that orders between 8-10 cases of bananas an order. I think there were over 20 boxes on the SuperT's pallet alone, haha. Needless to say, we ended up donating a TON of bananas that week!
Eight to ten seems high for a C volume.

I'm an A volume and we've got our banana ordering down. 8 to 9 per truck on M and W, 10 to 11 on F.

I'm guessing you're not a three truck PFresh though.

We once got two pallets of freezer and one of dairy for a super at my store. The super refused to take the product. Pricing had a really bad week.

We are a 3-truck-week store. I guess it's more like 8-9 most days, but yeah, that's what we order. And we don't really QMOS out a ton. We're only a C volume, but our pFresh does a large amount of business. We used to order WAY more (like, 14 cases for our larger order) but I cut that down and now 8-10 is about right.

After hearing the horror stories of an FDC store, I'm glad we're serviced by a DSD. The screw ups aren't as bad as what I'm reading here.

C&S was a pain in the ass because we had to BCODE the casepacks. The FDC casepacks not only have barcodes, they also have the locations on them like the regular DC labels for general merchandise.

C&S was a pain in the ass because we had to BCODE the casepacks. The FDC casepacks not only have barcodes, they also have the locations on them like the regular DC labels for general merchandise.
Correction: SOME FCD's have the pic lables and barcodes. I believe only the newer ones were built with that capacity. My old store is serviced out of Iowa and we have to BCODE all of our FDC product.

Correction: SOME FCD's have the pic lables and barcodes. I believe only the newer ones were built with that capacity. My old store is serviced out of Iowa and we have to BCODE all of our FDC product.

I didn't realize that. We're serviced by the new FDC outside Columbus, which is also where our RDC is located.

^^ Yeah, I think that was just built recently and is one of the first ones to have that capability. I'd be totes jelly if I still worked at Spot. ;)

Anyone else read we are getting Candy Corn/Cotton Candy flavored Grapes? What in the hell.
I read they actually taste like cotton candy... haven't tried yet.

This is nuts, I have a feeling I am going to destroy my Guard-rails with this one. It might actually be the first thing I ever actually sample out to guests, just so I can see their faces when their mind is blown.

Back