Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

They're all ours. My FDC has old prices, so they shipped them all out to stores to relabel. Getting another push the week after next. Apparently the FDC sees nothing wrong with this.

Like no room in the freezzer and will have to qmos and donate those Turkeys to the local food bank. That's what I'm gonna do if we get to many Turkeys, not gonna wait, donate 2 Turkey's a day. Right now I'm fine, only 2 boxes I think 4 to 6 Turkeys, so not bad yet, but I fear our Turkey Pallets are coming either Saturday or Tuesday.

Everything is already over half off. And I'm not reweighing them again. Not to mention that they wanted us to reweigh all of them in one day. Um...no. We'll reweigh them as we stock them.

Our pallets came yesterday when I was off...Im on my lunch break right now. We had 2 huge normal freezer pallets and 2 huge turkey pallets. Have to finish my order when I clock back on and thankfully at least the MP side is set so some of the MP Turkeys can go out...Ill probably have to demerch the other side and put the butterballs there.

Dont you guys love fridays in market?

For me
Have to push out all the morning autofills
Have to backstock said autofills
Have milk coming in so I always have to fill like half a pallets worth of milk to the floor
Have freshness friday which takes 20-30 minutes- Today I had almost 2 carts worth of snack product, half vendor
Have order to do
Have to help C+S because they never finish on Friday if im done

HORRAY...Fridays are awesome

I'm demerching the meat bunker and putting that product in one door of the meal solutions salesplanner. Flipped the promo bunker to frozen so I can merch butterball there until I get hams. So I'll have butterball in the promo and frozen beef bunkers. Demerching the seasonal bunker as well. So value and seasonal bunker will be MP. They're priced to move and a couple people bought some yesterday, so hopefully they starting making their way out the door this weekend.

I'm demerching the meat bunker and putting that product in one door of the meal solutions salesplanner. Flipped the promo bunker to frozen so I can merch butterball there until I get hams. So I'll have butterball in the promo and frozen beef bunkers. Demerching the seasonal bunker as well. So value and seasonal bunker will be MP. They're priced to move and a couple people bought some yesterday, so hopefully they starting making their way out the door this weekend.

We only have 2 sides to our bunker, dont have the third front location.

One side is supposed to be ALL MP stuff...which BTW they only autoshipped the 10-14lb turkeys...not one turkey over 14LBS but we have loads and loads and loads of the 10-14lbs.

The other side for whatever reason has a bunch of other crap and then butterball at the end....doesnt make since to me since the butterball is maybe 1/2 to 1/4 of the total space in the bunker even though it sells the best. Most likely will demerch everything and flex butterball into that spot so one side is all butterball and the other is MP

I have four bunkers. After flexing all of them I now have the front and one side set with butterballs, one side market pantry, and the back side is all market pantry turkey breasts. I still have three pallets of all weight butterballs, one pallet of the 5-9 lb breasts, and a couple other cases of market pantry turkeys.

Last edited:
We haven't yet, but I'll be looking for them tonight lol. Push those suckers out to mini seasonal. If you push them, they will sell.

We haven't yet, but I'll be looking for them tonight lol. Push those suckers out to mini seasonal. If you push them, they will sell.

I pushed about half of it yesterday and still have a flat, lol. I TPC'd them for the week way cheaper than our ad even specifies..

no halloween bakery, but maybe Saturday or Sunday when we get our weekend trucks....
yes we use to get just 1 truck on Saturday about 14 pallets, now it is divided into 2 days, about 7 pallets each day. BUT no one to work on the Sunday truck they are all doing AD setup. So, about 3 palletes get turned over to smart huddle on Monday.

Anyone else receive a Pallet and a half of Halloween Bakery?

We got at least 20 cases of just the orange halloween cookies. ugh.

"Make room for Turkey's they said"
I begged for a section on x5 next to the candy they flexed out. Got a dozen of the fifteen cases they sent.

I begged for a section on x5 next to the candy they flexed out. Got a dozen of the fifteen cases they sent.

I have about 5-6 different spots scattered around the entire store of just halloween Bakery, got it all out besides a challenge 3 tier cart I put together.

I have about 5-6 different spots scattered around the entire store of just halloween Bakery, got it all out besides a challenge 3 tier cart I put together.
Cane in today and realized there were boxes I didn't see the other day. So we got close to two dozen and I got out half. I will be refilling x5 and flexing like crazy to try and push the rest out.

Cane in today and realized there were boxes I didn't see the other day. So we got close to two dozen and I got out half. I will be refilling x5 and flexing like crazy to try and push the rest out.

Finally got all mine out today, just in time for my 50 cases of turkeys to come in

can not find my halloween cookies, I have 10 metros of backstock in my freezer, 1 red tub and 1 pallet left over from todays truck, not to mention the pallet of ice we have in our freezer. There is no room to move in there and really NO room for Turkeys. I keep telling my CTL and the ETL-BR that the Turkeys are coming, just to keep them on their toes, but they only backstocked 2 carts in the freezer in last 7 days. lol

can not find my halloween cookies, I have 10 metros of backstock in my freezer, 1 red tub and 1 pallet left over from todays truck, not to mention the pallet of ice we have in our freezer. There is no room to move in there and really NO room for Turkeys. I keep telling my CTL and the ETL-BR that the Turkeys are coming, just to keep them on their toes, but they only backstocked 2 carts in the freezer in last 7 days. lol

They will learn once the turkeys arrive, are they newer?

They will learn that you shoot your order for what you sell, not for how much room there is in the freezer because "my toesies get cold"

For what we sell I totally murdered my guardrails today, it asked me for 1 case of 20-24lbs butterballs..

I ordered 10

we are not even ordering the Turkeys yet.
only recieved the initial push of 2 boxes of MP turkeys. I think we will set the turkey bunkers the week of 11/2, but I might convince my CTL to set it on Halloween, this Friday.

we are not even ordering the Turkeys yet.
only recieved the initial push of 2 boxes of MP turkeys. I think we will set the turkey bunkers the week of 11/2, but I might convince my CTL to set it on Halloween, this Friday.
We set ours the night of inventory last Mon, also when we worked through the price changes on them. I will not be ordering more til we sell some.

We never got an FDC push, I underordered last year (was one of my first orders ever and stayed within our "guardrails" or Failrails if you will.

Last edited:
We never got an FDC push, I underordered last year (was one of my first orders ever and stayed within our "guardrails" or Failrails if you will.

One thing I have learned is you can never have enough Butterball Turkeys or MP Turkey Breasts...we barely sold any MP turkeys last year.

I think our highest order number for turkeys last year, was about 110 cases rofl. At the very end of the season we only had to TPC about 25 or so MP turkeys...

We got our turkeys in today. It was cause I just went ahead and ordered 10 boxes this past Tuesday. I wasn't waiting for the FDC to push them I set the 2 bunkers up with them and ordered more to come in Now I'm ordering butterball only to get a good amount of back stock.

EPIC FAIL this past weekend !! we still had 3 freezer and 1 1/4 dairy pallets on Monday AM. they worked out 2 freezer Monday AM, so going into Tuesday's FDC truck we have left over 1 freezer and 1 1/4 dairy to work out with that truck.

The only area that looked good was the pfresh valley and produce, since that is the PAs responsibility at our store.

No eggs all day Sunday, very little half gallon specialty milk and yogurt and lunch meat look like it was picked over at a flea market. We had the stuff is was just on pallets not pushed. lol our STL is clueless when it comes to food.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG THINGS DID NOT COME CLEAN ON TUESDAYS TRUCK.
It looks like things are getting back to normal today, so should recover nice, but guest who shopped this weekend probaly won't be shopping here for their thanksgiving dinners.
PAs kick but at our store. It's alwasy the Logitics Zone who had 1 or 2 newbies scheduled to push 6 pallets, WTF.

Last edited:
Question: What is the difference between a PA and a Market Team Member (salesfloor tm just always stuck in market basically)? In my store they seem to be interchangeable except that TMs don't open as often (we still do sometimes, and we are still expected to do the milk/liquor/food order when we do). And the PA makes more money.

I've asked before but I'm asking again because lately our PA has been leaving all of the morning pulls for the closer to do. Other than convering electronics breaks, I dont know what he is doing all day that would make him leave us with the two biggest pulls of the day, every day. (Yet he tells us not to let the LOD pull us for other areas at night because he's coming in to too big of a workload! )When I have opening shifts I have times where I get bored, so I don't get it. Does he have more responsibilities than us sales floor people? He used to be the hardest worker but I guess maybe he's just getting burnt out since we no longer have a market TL...

Question: What is the difference between a PA and a Market Team Member (salesfloor tm just always stuck in market basically)? In my store they seem to be interchangeable except that TMs don't open as often (we still do sometimes, and we are still expected to do the milk/liquor/food order when we do). And the PA makes more money.

I've asked before but I'm asking again because lately our PA has been leaving all of the morning pulls for the closer to do. Other than convering electronics breaks, I dont know what he is doing all day that would make him leave us with the two biggest pulls of the day, every day. (Yet he tells us not to let the LOD pull us for other areas at night because he's coming in to too big of a workload! )When I have opening shifts I have times where I get bored, so I don't get it. Does he have more responsibilities than us sales floor people? He used to be the hardest worker but I guess maybe he's just getting burnt out since we no longer have a market TL...

First of all he NEEDS to be doing the morning autofills its part of the opening routines. If he just is leaving the 12's and later thats fine, I do all the time as 3 days out of the week we are still in the middle of C+S or there isnt all that much to even push out anyway thus wasting time going from one side of the store to the other.

Here are things I do in the morning
SDA+QMOS from SDA
Check and QMOS any meat/bakery that the closer didnt QMOS
Deep Cull Produce
Work out Morning pulls and meat coupon when I push out meat if the closer didnt do it the night before
Clean up all my cardboard and throw it into the bailer to be crushed
Huddle at 8 (Lead Freshness Friday and QMOS the whole bin we inevitably find on fridays)
Check REDWIRE/Workbench for any relevant items. Mondays I check survey results
Reshop when I come back from break
Push out milk and eggs so they are full. On Tuesday and Friday I swear I must push out 150-200 gallons of milk and my milk cooler is at the other end of where my backroom is. Everyone else only seems to do the milk half the time if even that so I usually end up pushing all our milk for the most part.
Backstock all my morning pulls because backroom will just leave the backstock and throw up the 12 pulls and it makes the green racks full
Receive C+S if it is Sunday, Tuesday,Thursday and stage product in appropriate cooler
Do the order if it is Sunday, Tuesday or Friday
On Monday and Friday I usually have to help C+S push for the last 2-3 hours of my shift otherwise it doesnt get done. Usually Friday I am helping C+S push from 11 til 2:30
Vendor Survey on Monday (this is pretty quick like 10 minutes maybe)
Every month set the Wine Endcaps on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Today I set Pfresh Sidecap, Bakery location, Front Endcap by Wine and Back endcap by wine.
Fill baskets since they will almost ALWAYS be empty at some point when I am there in the morning.
Coordinate with Plano TL, Receiving TM the vendor sets to make sure Vendors know when Product is coming up. Usually I will find time each week to sit down and go through online Planogram and find any POGS with vendor product on them and we have a folder in receiving for each vendor to check during the week so they know what is coming up.
Cleaning if I ever actually have a spare second...which in the last few months I have not had
Backup Cashier or Grab Carts
Do TPCS

Set other various salesplans and do other tasks. In my last 4 shifts I have set, pulled and pushed(everything by myself) 2 front endcaps in market, 4 wine endcaps, and 3 sections of savor spot. When the turkeys came in I flexed the butterballs out so they were all across the whole bunker instead of only 1/2 of it. Also had to relabel every turkey we had and take them off the 2 pallets we had and put them in the open stock locations in the freezer where we have all of our frozen meat. That was so much work

Market TMs I think generally close and are more responsible for making sure the afternoon pulls get complete and the zone is done. Then at the end of the night making sure meat coupons and culling is done.

Last edited:
Back