Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

How would I go about requesting a change for capacities? My produce department has an outrageous number of items with absurd capacities. Salads, which only hold 6-7, have capacities of 15 or more. Juices and precut vegetables are even worse. Mysupport? What would I say?

I put one a week ago for our entire meat pog which is throwing our on-hands wayyy off...

Capacity is 8, but we can fit 24...

Still haven't heard back.

I put one a week ago for our entire meat pog which is throwing our on-hands wayyy off...

Capacity is 8, but we can fit 24...

Still haven't heard back.

The thing I have learned about the capacity, at on the stuff we order, is that they need to be correct in order for us not to go over the guardrail. If you have an ETL who loves their numbers, then you must not go over the guardrail often.

It is very tedious for us to have to write down every DCPI of every item that is either under or over capacity. There has to be a better way to correct capacity issues.

The thing I have learned about the capacity, at on the stuff we order, is that they need to be correct in order for us not to go over the guardrail. If you have an ETL who loves their numbers, then you must not go over the guardrail often.

It is very tedious for us to have to write down every DCPI of every item that is either under or over capacity. There has to be a better way to correct capacity issues.

At least with the my devices you have the "recent items" list. Lists all the DPCI's on a single page. Saves a few steps

I use the recent items list when I TPC it makes things go faster.
Omg yes. Such a lifesaver.

Fresh produce and dry produce tables are done. So glad they shipped four new cases of melon shredded stuff. I still have two from last year. After gifting one to Starbucks for their basket filler...

...and is anyone else pissed all the small fruit and veg trays/dippers are disco? Right as summer starts? Wtf? I might just mysupport it and beg to get them back.

Also was anyone else as surprised as me when the Backroom SDA dropped into their my device today? I did a double-take.

My old CTL recently transferred to another store. A senior HLTL took over the CTL position about a month ago. It looked like he got things moving in the right direction, when suddenly he was fired at the beginning of this week. Now my Pfresh team is down to five TMs -- me (the opener), a PA whose availability is severely limited due to school, a closer, and two C+S guys -- one of them recently injured himself and won't be able to help. My workload has tripled as a result (I'm assuming the CTL duties as well as the workload of the injured C+S guy), and there isn't much in the way of help in the foreseeable future. Any advice on how I should proceed?

(I can go into a little more detail, if anyone wants.)

My old CTL recently transferred to another store. A senior HLTL took over the CTL position about a month ago. It looked like he got things moving in the right direction, when suddenly he was fired at the beginning of this week. Now my Pfresh team is down to five TMs -- me (the opener), a PA whose availability is severely limited due to school, a closer, and two C+S guys -- one of them recently injured himself and won't be able to help. My workload has tripled as a result (I'm assuming the CTL duties as well as the workload of the injured C+S guy), and there isn't much in the way of help in the foreseeable future. Any advice on how I should proceed?

(I can go into a little more detail, if anyone wants.)
Start drinking before you leave work?

Kidding. Kind of. Reach out to the srtl or etl over your area and see what their actual plan is. If they don't have one you need to get with your team and figure out how to split up the work to not go nuts. After all, its one thing to expect you to set the POGs, but mapping them while juggling c&s, etc is just not going to work. See if maybe the plano TL can help map your salesplanners. I know mine worked with the previous CTL as he was in charge of HLs as well. So they walked the endcaps together to split them up correctly.

At least most of the revisions are done except bakery (unless your produce isn't done yet). Life should quiet down until the first big summer holiday.

Start drinking before you leave work?

Kidding. Kind of. Reach out to the srtl or etl over your area and see what their actual plan is. If they don't have one you need to get with your team and figure out how to split up the work to not go nuts. After all, its one thing to expect you to set the POGs, but mapping them while juggling c&s, etc is just not going to work. See if maybe the plano TL can help map your salesplanners. I know mine worked with the previous CTL as he was in charge of HLs as well. So they walked the endcaps together to split them up correctly.

At least most of the revisions are done except bakery (unless your produce isn't done yet). Life should quiet down until the first big summer holiday.

Thanks -- revisions in Pfresh are done (they're working in dry market now).

A slightly easier way to do it, though it does waste paper, is to create a label batch and print it out. Bam, DPCIs.

got another shit load of bagged salads today, Anyone else get a push of the fresh express salads ??

Last Sunday we got a ton of these salads, we TPC'd them to 2.50 and still had to qmos and donated them today, since they exp 5/16 and 5/17.
Now today we got another shit load, soo many salads they are sot'd to the lights in the pro1 cooler. They all expire either 5/23 or 5/24, gonna TPC them again on Monday
if my other PA doesn't do it for me.

Just wonder why so many salads lately.

Our DTL told our CTL to tell us PAs to order heavy to avoid having outs. He also said "its better to throw it a way than have an out in P-fresh"

Question: Since we are doing the ordering on the Mydevices now, do the guardrails even exist anymore???

got another shit load of bagged salads today, Anyone else get a push of the fresh express salads ??

Last Sunday we got a ton of these salads, we TPC'd them to 2.50 and still had to qmos and donated them today, since they exp 5/16 and 5/17.
Now today we got another shit load, soo many salads they are sot'd to the lights in the pro1 cooler. They all expire either 5/23 or 5/24, gonna TPC them again on Monday
if my other PA doesn't do it for me.

Just wonder why so many salads lately.
I had a heavy salad push 2 weeks ago. Now it's the cut veggies as well as a lot of other random items. Really makes it tough to keep a handle on your inventory between the crazy pushes, the cuts and the out of temp bananas. Thanks FDC. You're doing a stellar job :rolleyes:

Question: Since we are doing the ordering on the Mydevices now, do the guardrails even exist anymore???
I'm still using a PDA so I don't know but the guardrails aren't something my district has cared about in over a year. I was told stores aren't held accountable for B markdowns anymore either. It's a free-for-all ;)

The guardrails do exist. If you go over them, something pops up on the Mydevice screen asking if your on-hand amounts and/or sales forecasts are wrong. I'll have to take a screenshot of that when I do the order on Monday.

Has anyone had non-food items dropping into the daily SDA list at all in the past week? I've had to check the dates on placemats(mon) and artificial plants(thurs). The most recent was yesterday, an 18'' bicycle. There hasn't been one everyday, thankfully. I don't know if this is an issue I should mysupport or if someone in my store is screwing around with the mydevices.

Has anyone had non-food items dropping into the daily SDA list at all in the past week? I've had to check the dates on placemats(mon) and artificial plants(thurs). The most recent was yesterday, an 18'' bicycle. There hasn't been one everyday, thankfully. I don't know if this is an issue I should mysupport or if someone in my store is screwing around with the mydevices.

Probably someone screwing with the mydevices. My CTL made announcements at huddles because a few TMs were adding expiration dates to things like video games and Legos.

Back