Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

In theory it sounds great. Bigger, dedicated team with more responsibilities and expectations.

If anyone has any questions regarding the new market pilot feel free to ask, I was part of the initial rollout.
Is your store a Super? If so, how have the changes affected Deli? I'm worried that we're going to end up with even fewer people available to do production and help slice for guests with the focus on pushing product to the floor.

I need to get out of pfresh completely lmao. If the SFS order increase does happen, let them leave me there all the time. No complaints :rolleyes:

What was team size difference?
Is it working out?
What is the difference in work load before and after?

Just to start off

-Consumables hours essentially doubled/tripled depending on the truck forecast.Three PA's all working 40 hours, team members work a minimum 32. Team is responsible for all pulling and backstocking, the grocery portion of the GM truck, all FDC push, cleaning routines, sales planners/revisions. Along with this your store will be provided additional payroll to install zone assist fixtures for top turnover areas in grocery (granola bars, condiments, baking, etc)

Once the routines were dialed in most issues went away. The main thing is changing the team culture of realizing they have time to clean and check dates, there is no excuse. They need to be self sufficient, be mindful of who you place on this team (do not just move flow team members over and expect this to work) and there needs to be follow up with the PA's.

Is your store a Super? If so, how have the changes affected Deli? I'm worried that we're going to end up with even fewer people available to do production and help slice for guests with the focus on pushing product to the floor.
P-fresh. But deli and bakery TL's are impacted by this, can't remember what exactly. But all food based work centers receive a significant hours increase.

I hope so! We're down to less than 50% of the hours we used to get 2 years ago and you can tell.
Hours are decided in MyTime which now accounts for every step of the process (sales planners,revisions,pulling,backstocking,pushing truck,stocking,cleaning,etc). Stores are not allowed to schedule below that amount. One week I under schedules by 2 hours and our DTL had to follow up to make sure we extended a TM those 2 hours.

So..... Steritech went into my Fixture Room today........

Not sure how it went as I was bolting out the door, but it was instant PTSD when I saw the LOD unlocking the Fixture room with him.

Safety is now part of their walk so they go in the fixture room to make sure shelves and fixtures are being stored correctly.

-Consumables hours essentially doubled/tripled depending on the truck forecast.Three PA's all working 40 hours, team members work a minimum 32. Team is responsible for all pulling and backstocking, the grocery portion of the GM truck, all FDC push, cleaning routines, sales planners/revisions. Along with this your store will be provided additional payroll to install zone assist fixtures for top turnover areas in grocery (granola bars, condiments, baking, etc)

Once the routines were dialed in most issues went away. The main thing is changing the team culture of realizing they have time to clean and check dates, there is no excuse. They need to be self sufficient, be mindful of who you place on this team (do not just move flow team members over and expect this to work) and there needs to be follow up with the PA's.
About freaking time! We gave got to put people within areas to take ownership of depts. You want guest to shop in electronics have someone there always to assist. Stop trying to a team of 2 or 3 cover the store. Flow, pog and pricing have responsibilities in their areas. Of course this wouldn't last long before hours or cut

Are we from the same store ?. We just had a steritech visit too, they did not look too pleased with the stockroom. I only hope starbucks didn't screw us again.

We ended up green, but last visit he didn't go into our fixture room, he did this time, then turned around and walked back out in like 15 seconds..

I am happy my market senses kicked in and I hid all of our go0-b-gone and spitfire behind a false wall i made in one of our cabinets... lmao.

we ended up green anyway.

I have never in my life been more happier to go back to school. Being a PA is the most ridiculous job I have ever had. The workload and amount of responsibilities they put on you is absurd. Our store is going to shit also. ETL's quitting, people going to school or LOA. The whole store is a mess. People are sick of not getting 40 hours or they are too stressed.

I have never in my life been more happier to go back to school. Being a PA is the most ridiculous job I have ever had. The workload and amount of responsibilities they put on you is absurd. Our store is going to shit also. ETL's quitting, people going to school or LOA. The whole store is a mess. People are sick of not getting 40 hours or they are too stressed.
For some of them it may not even be the 40 hours part, but that they get something like 12 or 16 and it is split over the whole week at random times.

So for anyone who's done the pilot for the new market process how does your shift go now?
Right now our flow team bowls out and waves through market and we're lucky to get out of market by 7:15 latest. When we get a food truck we try to break down the pallets by 8 and finish pushing and backstock by noon.

So for anyone who's done the pilot for the new market process how does your shift go now?
Right now our flow team bowls out and waves through market and we're lucky to get out of market by 7:15 latest. When we get a food truck we try to break down the pallets by 8 and finish pushing and backstock by noon.
Once your store begins the grocery pilot all bowling stops for grocery. There is not a set time frame for completing the dry grocery push, it is now considered an all day process to ensure team members are on the floor interacting guests, zoning, checking dates, researching, etc.

Once your store begins the grocery pilot all bowling stops for grocery. There is not a set time frame for completing the dry grocery push, it is now considered an all day process to ensure team members are on the floor interacting guests, zoning, checking dates, researching, etc.

Are you a July store? Who owns the process? Initial talks in my store seem to lean towards ETL Log but it doesn't sound right to me (nor do I like the sound if it considering how Log pushes) when we have an ETL food. I was all gung ho for this until my ETL indicated that I wouldn't be as involved in the process.

View attachment 2472
From the target subreddit.

YEP..this sounds about dead on if this came to my store lol. I know this exact thing would happen

Also is every ETL or STL literally retarded when it comes to push. The team cant magically "work faster" or "harder" if the team size is way too low to begin with.

Im so sick of my leadership team treating my C&S team like shit lately when they schedule them for 3 hours only, which btw includes a 15 min break and they expect it all pushed AND backstocked. On Thursdays we have almost 500 pieces and they have only been scheduling 5 people....during our busiest time starting at 3 or so til 6 or so....only 3 hours each.

Lets do some basic freaking math shall we. We get say a 450 piece truck, which btw ALL has to be FIFO, its not like most of the flow push, and we get 15 total hours in which to push it. Flow has been like 2400 but they only push under their hours and we have other people schedule to do backroom after for backstock. They give them like 100 hours or so JUST for breakout and push....and they want to say C&S is slow...F that

Last edited:
Are you a July store? Who owns the process? Initial talks in my store seem to lean towards ETL Log but it doesn't sound right to me (nor do I like the sound if it considering how Log pushes) when we have an ETL food. I was all gung ho for this until my ETL indicated that I wouldn't be as involved in the process.
Process ownership depends on the volume, but it should be the ETL food or consumables TL if your volume is large enough, otherwise it will be salesfloor ETL and salesfloor TL with added PA's to account for the org chart. The logistics ETL should not own the process, I've heard plenty of horror stories of log ETL's moving over a bunch of flow TMs and not making any changes.

@Dekaf does this take hours from the backroom to account for the market team handling grocery BS and pulling?

Yes it will. Again depends on volume but the Backroom TL should be involved in the rollout as they have a good understanding of the average workload per truck. 5 hours or more per truck is a safe estimate. A new Autofill and caf process will be rolling out next week.

Process ownership depends on the volume, but it should be the ETL food or consumables TL if your volume is large enough, otherwise it will be salesfloor ETL and salesfloor TL with added PA's to account for the org chart. The logistics ETL should not own the process, I've heard plenty of horror stories of log ETL's moving over a bunch of flow TMs and not making any changes.

In lower volume stores without a CTL........I dont know how SF TL or ETL SF wouldnt just quit right on the spot...Im serious. So not only would they be responsible for the ENTIRE SF, including electronics, fitting room, hardlines, softlines and consumables but then they would now have to be responsible for EVERYTHING market...lol...Target is kidding right? ETL LOG would be a DREAM position if this happened...so easy. Same with BR TL...if neither of them had to be involved at all in it

Back