Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

So our FDC truck is getting handed over to flow and I'm wondering if anyone else has that at their store and how does it work out. We have a few weeks left for the consumables team to push the truck until we completely hand it over to flow we will be working with them to show them how to push the truck properly etc but still a little skeptical.

So our FDC truck is getting handed over to flow and I'm wondering if anyone else has that at their store and how does it work out. We have a few weeks left for the consumables team to push the truck until we completely hand it over to flow we will be working with them to show them how to push the truck properly etc but still a little skeptical.
Who pushes it now? Our market "team" consists of 2-3 TMs total, so a separate FDC team is necessary.

As long as it's just a handful of dedicated TMs, it shouldn't be too hard to train them. If it's the entire flow team though...

Our PA pushes with a few flow tms, and one brtm who also does the backstock. This is how it has always been at our store.

We are getting a handful of flow TMs to train but the ETLs want to completely give the truck to them and I'm a little hesistant on that because flow likes cut corners and I am pretty sure they will overstock and stuff like that :/

Our flow team used to own the FDC push. It worked out better logistically because they were all P-Fresh-trained (due to having to push the P-Fresh autofills), but they weren't always good about FIFOing and proper backstocking because speed is life. Now the dayside team works the FDC trucks, which makes the schedule a pain in the ass for everybody and requires non-morning people (like myself) to be awake early in the morning.

Ah yogurts on sale next week chobani will be .90 lowest price of the season and yoplait will be .50 and an extra 20% on cartwheel.

I see a whole pallet of yogurt coming on the next FDC truck be warned !!

TFW you finish everything and can go fuck around deep zoning in dry market for the rest of your shift

:D

Also they got rid of mustard/turnip/collard greens on this week's salad revision FINALLY

Ah yogurts on sale next week chobani will be .90 lowest price of the season and yoplait will be .50 and an extra 20% on cartwheel.

I see a whole pallet of yogurt coming on the next FDC truck be warned !!

Of course it's the week I'm scheduled to work the FDC truck.

I'll bet Jack will be cursing the company over his 5.5 hour DARY CAFs.

They like to set alot of endcaps that dont sell and then they send us way too much product for it and we just sit on it

We're one of those "freaky" BTC stores, and I swear we don't sell half the shit they send us for sales planners.

Stop sending me BAKERY please !!!
I have 3 tubs and 1 metro of bakery in the freezer and only 1 table on the salesfloor that is FULL.

Are your capacities and SFQ accurate? If so, you may need your OTLs adjusted.

I would suggest flexing around the store (i.e. checklanes and savor spot), but they'll just send you more.

oh no say it ain't so, who let the cat out of the bag ??

Target Corp. has a problem in its grocery aisles: Shoppers aren’t visiting often enough to buy the retailer’s fresh meat,
fruits and vegetables before they spoil.

Target’s grocery business being spoiled by fewer shoppers

comments are funny !!
i love this one ::
Brittany Carson1 hour ago

My last trip to Target's grocery section was not good. While picking out blueberries a couple of weeks ago I noticed that a couple of packages had mold on the blueberries. Then I picked up a half gallon of milk and when I was waiting in check out I noticed that the expiration date stated 7/19/2016 but it was 7/21/2016 when I was making the purchase. I put the milk down and was immediately grossed out. I understand that people are not purchasing their food but it is not okay to sell spoiled food to customers that are. This was my last time shopping for groceries at Target, now I just go to Aldi's for fruit and Walmart for other food essentials.

oh no say it ain't so, who let the cat out of the bag ??

Target Corp. has a problem in its grocery aisles: Shoppers aren’t visiting often enough to buy the retailer’s fresh meat,
fruits and vegetables before they spoil.

Target’s grocery business being spoiled by fewer shoppers

comments are funny !!
i love this one ::
Brittany Carson1 hour ago

My last trip to Target's grocery section was not good. While picking out blueberries a couple of weeks ago I noticed that a couple of packages had mold on the blueberries. Then I picked up a half gallon of milk and when I was waiting in check out I noticed that the expiration date stated 7/19/2016 but it was 7/21/2016 when I was making the purchase. I put the milk down and was immediately grossed out. I understand that people are not purchasing their food but it is not okay to sell spoiled food to customers that are. This was my last time shopping for groceries at Target, now I just go to Aldi's for fruit and Walmart for other food essentials.

This was my rebuttal in a nut shell when anyone in my store would confront me about Red Cards....

"Sir, I hope you realize that just as much as the Red Card can drive Loyalty so can PFresh, If I miss asking a guest about saving 5% it was because I wanted to make sure that the 10 other quests shopping my area, are here not taking chance and saving 5% but because it is Fresh and trustworthy. If that chance turns sour (pardon the pun) I can guarantee we loose their business forever".

Here in our area, we use C&S and the quality is usually poor. Yesterday, I had to throw half my berries out due to mold. There was nothing in the back to flex on the shelf. I have to order a case of bagged galas each order since each bag usually has at least one bruised apple. On the plus side we are selling bakery even though, we do toss our fair share of bread. Not sure what the company will do long term to improve P Fresh and grocery sales. We are too committed in the prototype to spend the money removing it from stores.

The annoying thing is that my store, we never have expired milk. Moldy fruit? Please, that's off the shelf.

Maybe if Target would properly fund their grocery departments...

Fat chance of that happening. I wonder if HQ actually knows the real reality of how stores are allocating payroll to their pfresh departments because I have heard my HR tell me directly HQ allocates X ammount of hours for market and we get 30-50% less hours of X for market.....

Not sure what my store or the company expects when we get about 87 total hours in market but we are expected to

Do Working huddle and mid day zone which can take anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 hours EACH day
Push out Mcclane with no help
Do reshop for market
Zone ALL of market not just Pfresh and Coolers/Freezers
Backstock all of the pulls...backroom doesnt have to do this
The majority of guests helped are OUTSIDE of market and can take some time
Still have to backup cashier, grab carts, fill baskets, and occasionaly cover electronics
Sometimes have to salesplans which involved demerching, pushing to home, pulling, setting and pushing

Then you have the actual market tasks which include

Receiving C&S and staging in appropriate cooler
SDA which is usually around 50 items
Push out all morning pulls along with the afternoon pulls
Order
Culling
Meat Coupons
Filling/Ordering ice
Filling milk/eggs
Pair with SFT for ongoing issues in coolers either on floor or backroom(happens so much)
Vendor Survey plus getting info for all vendors on upcoming sets

And probably other things I am forgetting

According to that article Pfresh/Market accounts for 20% of Targets Revenue but I feel like nobody gives a shit about it

Last edited:
Thank god for CVS

I got Coached for putting up a fit about being trained to back up Pharmacy (Usually I was the only one in market at any given time). Our AMAZING Milk Vendor got laid off who also filled/rotated our milk for us the day it arrived, now all they do is literally just drop it off. We had to take over RUNNING Ad-Set on sundays, which is an entire day out of Market, as well as Setting and planning our Sales planners (All of this within a month or so). So when they brought this up it did piss me off...

I get coached, and two weeks later it is announced that they are now CVS, lmao.

Anyone else getting light produce on their trucks? Probably 20% of what you order? Including bananas
yes ... I thought it was just me. And why is my BIG square jar Grapefruit Discontinued right at back to school.

where are my kiwis ??? none on the last 3 trucks. Apricots have been discontinued also.
No nectarines, peaches, plums or hot house tomatoes for 2 trucks now.
where are my cherubs ??

i get my FDC out of Columbus Ohio, 4 days a week
!!

Back