Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I swear to god if the idiots in market this weekend don't do the order they have to get fired. That'd have been the third time.
Oh, I'm the only one who does the order in my deli recently. I've given up expecting anyone else to do it.

I'm backroom and sometimes when I pull in the p-fresh coolers I find rotten/moldy stuff. Does the whole box have to be thrown out or just the gross things? I've been given different answers so I though I'd check with you guys.

I'm backroom and sometimes when I pull in the p-fresh coolers I find rotten/moldy stuff. Does the whole box have to be thrown out or just the gross things? I've been given different answers so I though I'd check with you guys.

You'll get different answers. I'd toss the whole box because of how mold spreads, but the CTL would pick out the moldy items. I'd then come behind him and toss the box. Homie don't play that shit.

It kinda depends though. 1 bad head of iceberg doesn't necessarily mean all 24 are bad since they're individually wrapped. A rotten cucumber though pretty much means the whole case should go. If you find a moldy waco in the produce or dairy cooler, toss it all including the waco if you have extras. Just print a new location label. If you don't have extra wacos, it's going to have to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

P-fresh store here, we push our trucks during the day & we yesterday we had inventory. So we didn't finish the truck because our HL-ETL didn't plan for inventory nor was any other ETL notified. Only person who knew it was inventory day was our food ave TL.
Such a long night last night

Was told today that starting in August PAs will no longer be doing the pfresh order. The CTL and ETL when CTL is off will be doing the order. Was told that not our store but others have either been ordering too much or too little.

This will be interesting cause it will just get worse. I've been doing the order for 3 years so I know how to order

Also now we have to store the peaches plums nectarines and appricots in the ambient room.
Soon fruit flies will be in the ambient room

Thanks headquarters for these new ideas.
Oooooohhhh helllll nawwwwww. Us 4 PA's are the only ones that know what sells and what to order. It's going to be a BAD time if the ETL's order.

Our ctl had been working market c&s shifts since I moved to signing. None of them order well, but putting the ctl or etl in charge is dumb. Don't see it going over well. I'd love to see year totals though. My last full year vs the first half year of newbies.

Our ctl had been working market c&s shifts since I moved to signing. None of them order well, but putting the ctl or etl in charge is dumb. Don't see it going over well. I'd love to see year totals though. My last full year vs the first half year of newbies.

I looked at our Market Sales a week or so ago, not so good since I left... We actually had to reset our P-FAB set back to regular PFresh as our "Volume didn't warrant it". Mind you, we were a Pilot store for that PFAB rollout, and were one of the reasons they spread it to other stores....

I looked at our Market Sales a week or so ago, not so good since I left... We actually had to reset our P-FAB set back to regular PFresh as our "Volume didn't warrant it". Mind you, we were a Pilot store for that PFAB rollout, and were one of the reasons they spread it to other stores....
That's odd. Market sales at my store is the #2 highest grossing area in the store. Just a pfresh. Explains why all of us are getting 39.5 hours a week lol.

That sure shows how much you impacted market sales!

Pfab here has us at 10-ish% produce comp YTD.

They're combining our bakery table and getting these weird circular three-sided baskets to try and push bakery sales instead of realizing the actual problem, that is, bakery does not sell because our product is shit

They're combining our bakery table and getting these weird circular three-sided baskets to try and push bakery sales instead of realizing the actual problem, that is, bakery does not sell because our product is shit
OMFG I actually suggested this to my ETL once and never heard back anything about it. Wonder if they'll do it at my store. I think the bakery table is delicious...

OMFG I actually suggested this to my ETL once and never heard back anything about it. Wonder if they'll do it at my store. I think the bakery table is delicious...

The dessert side is. And the guests buy that. The dinner roll side is not. And the guests don't buy that, exception being Kings Hawaiian

Back