Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

For us maybe the hamburger or hotdog buns. Everything else tends to sell.

Understandably so, shit's delicious
I've tried everything on the bakery table once and the best by far are the sliced cottage bread, demi french bread, and garlic parmesan sticks. I always snatch them on markdown and devour them the same night

I absolutely despise closing and then having to open the next day. However the benefit of being able to push all milk, fill bananas, grapes, and berries cuts my morning routine time down so I guess I can deal.

Does anyone else getting deliveries from C&S have issues with them sending either only your green bananas ordered or only yellow bananas ordered?

I absolutely despise closing and then having to open the next day. However the benefit of being able to push all milk, fill bananas, grapes, and berries cuts my morning routine time down so I guess I can deal.

Does anyone else getting deliveries from C&S have issues with them sending either only your green bananas ordered or only yellow bananas ordered?

Not only that, but back in the day I'd print out a ribbon (on a portable) of all the TPC's I would have to do in the morning, I'd poor my sanitizer, let it sit, do my TPC's, then fill the Sanitizer, 15 minutes later and it is cruise control on full zombie no sleep mode.

Nope, but we never ordered anything but green til I came to market. My little old man insisted they ripen too fast. First order came in hulk green and we had no yellow...

Has there been a decrease in hours under consumables for you guys? Consumables was getting between 200-220 planned hours on MyTime, and now we are only getting around 80-90 planned hours under consumables! That's ridiculous, keep in mind the CTL takes about 32 of those hours :/

Morning routines have been getting done half assed, reshop is never getting done, I don't remember the last time i actually got a good cull in the cheese/hot dog/lunch meat aisle! It's ridiculous.

Has there been a decrease in hours under consumables for you guys? Consumables was getting between 200-220 planned hours on MyTime, and now we are only getting around 80-90 planned hours under consumables! That's ridiculous, keep in mind the CTL takes about 32 of those hours :/

Morning routines have been getting done half assed, reshop is never getting done, I don't remember the last time i actually got a good cull in the cheese/hot dog/lunch meat aisle! It's ridiculous.
Yes, which is weird since August gets super busy with BTS.

Two high risk criticals. There criticals.

Absolutely no pfresh or dry market sales floor issues.

Store passed with yellow.

Somehow we knew steritech was coming and the STL went full red alert and had me spend almost an entire shift cleaning the food rooms spotless. We passed green lol.

Nope, but we never ordered anything but green til I came to market. My little old man insisted they ripen too fast. First order came in hulk green and we had no yellow...

I only order green and rarely get actual GREEN bananas..usually its half and half allready the first day it comes in even though I order green

For the first time in almost there years...YES. Granted everyone is bailing again, but they aren't replacing all the hours at the moment...

The past couple weeks they have had Market scheduled 6-1230 for opening and 230-7 for closing...so 74 or so hours TOTAL for the week at my store and we dont have a CTL. Its great when we also have almost hour long morning huddles and 30+ minute mid day zone, usually at 12. Nothing like spending 15%-20% of every opening shift away from Market

Today and yesterday almost drove me nuts...People coming to me saying the Pepsi Cooler at the front lane is leaking or the doors arent closing. I told the sales guy about it the first day as I figured since he actually works for them he could get in contact with someone.

Then today it was apparently leaking underneath because of the door being open or half open and one of the leaders was asking me about it with only about an hour to go in my shift and I still had C&S to receive...half a pallet of milk to push out, and RF ID training all before I had to leave. Maybe if I was actually scheduled a full shift I would of been able to get to it but considering I had allready told the stupid vendor about it the day before and had all that other crap to get done I was not able to get to it.

What would you guys do if one of the coolers was having issues and you had allready talked to one of the vendors about it the day before? I guess I should of found time to call but idk.

Also I found out that our C&S push team is now only scheduled 3 hours each person to apparently BOTH push and backstock on push days which is seperate from our flow truck days. Takes them 80+ hours of payroll to do like a 1600-2000 piece flow truck without backstocking but then think we can push and backstock a 500+ piece C&S truck in 15 hours combined....SMH. Even when I say its not going to be done so whats the plan, it just falls on deaf ears

Last edited:
got a new reset in the cereal aisle ... well not really but thought this was funny .

13906731_1745502142403913_7451132858381551108_n.jpg

Somehow we knew steritech was coming and the STL went full red alert and had me spend almost an entire shift cleaning the food rooms spotless. We passed green lol.

Targets Food Safety measures lol,
The past couple weeks they have had Market scheduled 6-1230 for opening and 230-7 for closing...so 74 or so hours TOTAL for the week at my store and we dont have a CTL. Its great when we also have almost hour long morning huddles and 30+ minute mid day zone, usually at 12. Nothing like spending 15%-20% of every opening shift away from Market

Today and yesterday almost drove me nuts...People coming to me saying the Pepsi Cooler at the front lane is leaking or the doors arent closing. I told the sales guy about it the first day as I figured since he actually works for them he could get in contact with someone.

Then today it was apparently leaking underneath because of the door being open or half open and one of the leaders was asking me about it with only about an hour to go in my shift and I still had C&S to receive...half a pallet of milk to push out, and RF ID training all before I had to leave. Maybe if I was actually scheduled a full shift I would of been able to get to it but considering I had allready told the stupid vendor about it the day before and had all that other crap to get done I was not able to get to it.

What would you guys do if one of the coolers was having issues and you had allready talked to one of the vendors about it the day before? I guess I should of found time to call but idk.

Also I found out that our C&S push team is now only scheduled 3 hours each person to apparently BOTH push and backstock on push days which is seperate from our flow truck days. Takes them 80+ hours of payroll to do like a 1600-2000 piece flow truck without backstocking but then think we can push and backstock a 500+ piece C&S truck in 15 hours combined....SMH. Even when I say its not going to be done so whats the plan, it just falls on deaf ears

After this why the fuck aren't they asking the PMT or Pepsi Themselves?
got a new reset in the cereal aisle ... well not really but thought this was funny .

13906731_1745502142403913_7451132858381551108_n.jpg

Reese's Pieces.
Cocoa Muffs
Honey's Bunches of OOO's
Popped Tart
Raising Brand

My... God.

Last edited:
There should be a phone number on the back of the cooler. Tell someone to call and tell them their cooler is working. Pepsi owns the coolers, so it's their problem.

Deli Team Members. When grabing product off the sales floor for production. Do we need to scan (as sampling) or requisition the product. Or just grab and use?

Our Deli team have been just grabbing from the meat and produce. Causing our counts to be off. Is the only thing we can do is just research and update counts?

Deli Team Members. When grabing product off the sales floor for production. Do we need to scan (as sampling) or requisition the product. Or just grab and use?

Our Deli team have been just grabbing from the meat and produce. Causing our counts to be off. Is the only thing we can do is just research and update counts?
The little shelf stable sausages should be requisitioned but none of the produce is. There was an e-mail quite a while back (like, years) stating that produce shown in recipes is not to be requisitioned. The computer is supposed to compensate when deli items are sold, I believe.

If you look at the deli recipes, stuff that needs to be requisitioned is marked (with a symbol, I think... haven't looked that closely in a while). I'll take a pic at work today if I have a chance.

Back