Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

It's a horrid time for us to be nearing our reset/remodel period, isn't it? Our beer coolers are in finally. But the shelves are a hot mess with all the flexing we have done lately. Our newer TMs ran with the directive "don't backstock" long after we started backstocking again. Our FBTL was on vacation in the middle of all this, too.

I ended up calling in Sat AM because my allergies hit full force and I didn't want to freak anyone out. Now I am on 4ams the next two weeks and after that probably closing OM.

I want my normal back.

This week circle 25%off salads and 30% off tomatoes. With out discount that’s awesome.
I also had a question about couponing meat or bakery. Do you ever buy it? I Have been for years. Not a lot. Maybe 2 couponed items a month. No one has ever said anything. I have had to have TL to override at the register because coupon expired. Other team members buy it. Anyway, the bitch in market saw I was buying a ground beef 2lb with a$1 coupon and said I could get fired. She assumed I couponed it. Which I make sure I NEVER buy what I coupon. I shop on my off day. She has brought it up to me 4 different times. It’s stealing she says. I use my discount too so it’s not like I was trying to be sneaky. Not worth a few bucks so I haven’t bought again. Just wondering what the rule is.

This week circle 25%off salads and 30% off tomatoes. With out discount that’s awesome.
I also had a question about couponing meat or bakery. Do you ever buy it? I Have been for years. Not a lot. Maybe 2 couponed items a month. No one has ever said anything. I have had to have TL to override at the register because coupon expired. Other team members buy it. Anyway, the bitch in market saw I was buying a ground beef 2lb with a$1 coupon and said I could get fired. She assumed I couponed it. Which I make sure I NEVER buy what I coupon. I shop on my off day. She has brought it up to me 4 different times. It’s stealing she says. I use my discount too so it’s not like I was trying to be sneaky. Not worth a few bucks so I haven’t bought again. Just wondering what the rule is.
. If the date is the day or two before and u have some in stock, go for it. She has no say in it. The food is expiring. Our manager let's us coupon at least 4 to 5 days before but with the hoarding we're holding off on them. I've just been using 50 cents on bakery and produce. I also coupon and save the product in the back. Managers don't care.

I just like how this hit right before our next huge good and gather package change. So we just look worse than other stores on product.

Any other stores getting way too much of the same products? We do not need 20 cases of the same kind of Pringles, or 12 cases of the same kind of popcorn, or even more of the Progresso soup that we never ran out of this whole ordeal, and yet here we are with a backroom that is getting very hard to backstock in because of it.

Yes the products are coming in!! We received 10 boxes of gallon vinegars. Unbelievable.
This makes a little sense as vinegar is the mordant for Easter egg dyes, and we ran out of vinegar during the panic because people use it as a cleaning agent. However, backstocking it is a royal pain.

Any other stores getting way too much of the same products? We do not need 20 cases of the same kind of Pringles, or 12 cases of the same kind of popcorn, or even more of the Progresso soup that we never ran out of this whole ordeal, and yet here we are with a backroom that is getting very hard to backstock in because of it.
Same with the Progresso, Pringles, Boom Chicka Pop, Sweet Baby Ray's, ketchup, and a whole lot of transition as we are due for remodel starting next week in our department. (The beer coolers are already installed, though.)

This makes a little sense as vinegar is the mordant for Easter egg dyes, and we ran out of vinegar during the panic because people use it as a cleaning agent. However, backstocking it is a royal pain.

We are only receiving the large 128 oz. vinegar, which most of my guests have been complaining about because they don't need that much to dye Easter eggs. I say it is only like $2.79, just invest in the bigger bottle if you really need some!

Stock up on pork now.

Or not

Are you guys getting apples in plastic instead of net? They aren’t scanning. I was wondering if good and gather was going to change to this or are we getting these because we sold so many apples and we will go back to the net bagged.

Are you guys getting apples in plastic instead of net? They aren’t scanning. I was wondering if good and gather was going to change to this or are we getting these because we sold so many apples and we will go back to the net bagged.

From time to time we get produce not gg brand it's just what the dc gets in

If it doesn’t scan I usually print a Bar code from hip printer and put over the upc barcode on the Package. We are still getting the apples in the net mesh bags

anyone else get like way too much produce Monday after Easter? We now have 8 green metros of back stock in the produce cooler.

And they sent us so much fresh chicken we have 3 racks of back stock and that all expires on the 19th. Coupon time

Last edited:
If it doesn’t scan I usually print a Bar code from hip printer and put over the upc barcode on the Package. We are still getting the apples in the net mesh bags

anyone else get like way too much produce Monday after Easter? We now have 8 green metros of back stock in the produce cooler.

And they sent us so much fresh chicken we have 3 racks of back stock and that all expires on the 19th. Coupon time

They slowed down on my produce. We had almost 2 pallets going of backstock

We got absolutely no produce at all on the Tuesday after Easter, and we don't get deliveries on Wednesdays; there's going to be a lot of empty shelves/ guest complaints till Thursday.

All our produce came in frozen. Salads, onions, potatio, mangos... Nothing survived. Potatoes melt black goop when they thaw (we left them in the ambient room to see if they survived). Eggs were nearly frozen. Some juices and yogurts were frozen, too. I guess it is good we got 6+ pallets for a pfresh store, am I right? 😒

Let's not even talk about the massive load of GAG trail mix and random Uncle Ben's rice...and the flex pogs we keep having to tie. Are we supposed to untie old flex pogs? The instructions provided are lacking.

Back