Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Most of our trail mix sells pretty well, although there are some kinds barely anyone touches.

Man Easter Sunday really fucked us over. Deliveries doubled and I received 5 pallets of freezer. Took me a week to catch up. Now they're planning on skipping days for pfresh truck deliveries, but those days will double. Basically the same thing. We just get 2 days to try n push them all. Anyone else doing this in their store?

Man Easter Sunday really fucked us over. Deliveries doubled and I received 5 pallets of freezer. Took me a week to catch up. Now they're planning on skipping days for pfresh truck deliveries, but those days will double. Basically the same thing. We just get 2 days to try n push them all. Anyone else doing this in their store?
We are doing this in our store. I unload the truck by myself and breakdown everything. Now I’m getting 7 pallets so this week that will double. Bananas alone are going to be 20 cases. I’m going to be looking like the hulk. I don’t think anyone knows how much work it really is. Then the boss man says on the non truck days we will just have you help in dry. 💁

I am closing open market this week. All of the bananas we had last night were within hours of banana bread quality. We have no bagged salads or organic leafy greens. I had a guest about throw a tantrum because we didn't have any spring mix. (and she turned out to be pretty needy and beggy in home decor, too, and I had to go help her because the closing experts for hardlines were not in yet).

We got no bananas at all on the truck, and the only produce we got was a box of cantaloupe. All that open space in produce looks horrible. We got two pallets of snacks and candy, though.

We are already decimated by LOAs and we may get further decimated as we have had positive cases of The Virus in our store. I am trying to hold on as best I can but since I am at risk I am also thinking about an LOA now.

All our produce came in frozen. Salads, onions, potatio, mangos... Nothing survived. Potatoes melt black goop when they thaw (we left them in the ambient room to see if they survived). Eggs were nearly frozen. Some juices and yogurts were frozen, too. I guess it is good we got 6+ pallets for a pfresh store, am I right? 😒

Let's not even talk about the massive load of GAG trail mix and random Uncle Ben's rice...and the flex pogs we keep having to tie. Are we supposed to untie old flex pogs? The instructions provided are lacking.
I would not have received that truck if the produce/dairy were out of temp honestly I would have refused it. Saves you a lot of work from having to QMOS all of the stuff

Hmmm don’t know why Fdc sent us a box of individual tomatoes. There’s no plu sticker and I don’t think we sell tomatoes by the each.

We are doing this in our store. I unload the truck by myself and breakdown everything. Now I’m getting 7 pallets so this week that will double. Bananas alone are going to be 20 cases. I’m going to be looking like the hulk. I don’t think anyone knows how much work it really is. Then the boss man says on the non truck days we will just have you help in dry. 💁
Man that's crazy. Tell your superior or show them what u have.

Can anyone tell me where the FB encap is supposed to go? ( it has a bunch of items we normally don't carry plus g&g) It has 4 sides but I don't have a 4 sided encap or section where it could be 4ft.

Can anyone tell me where the FB encap is supposed to go? ( it has a bunch of items we normally don't carry plus g&g) It has 4 sides but I don't have a 4 sided encap or section where it could be 4ft.
That's your flex planogram. They've been dropping Transition merchandise into dump planograms for us to tie to an unused sales floor location so that we're flexing the product on the floor and not just backstocking the merchandise. We're not really supposed to actually set the planogram, just have it tied to a random aisle so that when the product comes off the truck, we are able to identify exactly what it is by the aisle it's tied to.

i.e. G&G rice / baking doesn't set until like 2-3 weeks from now but most stores are out of their simply balanced and market pantry variants of such products.

That's your flex planogram. They've been dropping Transition merchandise into dump planograms for us to tie to an unused sales floor location so that we're flexing the product on the floor and not just backstocking the merchandise. We're not really supposed to actually set the planogram, just have it tied to a random aisle so that when the product comes off the truck, we are able to identify exactly what it is by the aisle it's tied to.

i.e. G&G rice / baking doesn't set until like 2-3 weeks from now but most stores are out of their simply balanced and market pantry variants of such products.

So just flex it out?

Today we got six pallets of dairy from C&S. It was not until after we received the order and the driver had left that we realized about half of the stuff was frozen including sour cream, yogurt and juice. We’re making a list and I’ll have to call for a massive credit tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am curious if anyone else are getting 4 hr shifts but wants you to extend. Our freezer is so behind, I thought I was given privilege to stay long and catch up in freezer but instead used me for dry. So after that, I no longer extend for another dept but my own. Some Of my tm are so slow, talk stories and just all around lazy. I am constantly helping dry or pfresh but no one ever helps freezer

I already accumulated 3 pallets (6 ft) worth of new products in the back. I'm waiting for plano to start resetting my isles.

We have a transfer that is working the weekends in Pfresh. He has been with Target 12 years. I am starting to notice that he did prices changing for a bunch of stuff. Bakery new lemon cookies he dropped to $2.99 from $4.99. Ribs dropped to $.99 from $3.99. So far I found 6 things. The cookies he said were new and he wanted people to try and ribs we got 2 cases and he felt it was excessive inventory. I change prices to but not so low. The 2 cases of ribs were gone in about 2 hours.
‘After all the ribs sold he said we hit the record for most ribs sold and they don’t know that we had them at .99 so it makes us look really good. He is wanting me to follow his lead. Is he right?

We have a transfer that is working the weekends in Pfresh. He has been with Target 12 years. I am starting to notice that he did prices changing for a bunch of stuff. Bakery new lemon cookies he dropped to $2.99 from $4.99. Ribs dropped to $.99 from $3.99. So far I found 6 things. The cookies he said were new and he wanted people to try and ribs we got 2 cases and he felt it was excessive inventory. I change prices to but not so low. The 2 cases of ribs were gone in about 2 hours.
‘After all the ribs sold he said we hit the record for most ribs sold and they don’t know that we had them at .99 so it makes us look really good. He is wanting me to follow his lead. Is he right?
Please tell AP right away and DO NOT follow this behavior

This is unacceptable behavior. I would let other AP and my leaders know right away. The only time I go super low is if there an insane amount of product that is expiring and I know it will not sell but this is rare.

Found our from my coworker that we‘re getting C&S today. Our delivery schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so I have no idea why we’re getting it today. Cooler is jammed up from Friday since we didn’t finish the last diary delivery. (4 pallets). The hour cuts have made it impossible to come clean. I’m off this weekend. Tomorrow should be fun since I also get milk. Not sure how they expect everything to be completed.

Last edited:
99 cents is too low. $1.99 is reasonable if you have excessive backstock.

Found our from my coworker that we‘re getting C&S today. Our delivery schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so I have no idea why we’re getting it today. Cooler is jammed up from Friday since we didn’t finish the last diary delivery. (4 pallets). The hour cuts have made it impossible to come clean. I’m off this weekend. Tomorrow should be fun since I also get milk. Not sure how they expect everything to be completed.

"I don't know, but get it done! No excuses! The report says you should be done by now!"

This is unacceptable behavior. I would let other AP and my leaders know right away. The only time I go super low is if there an insane amount of product that is expiring and I know it will not sell but this is rare.
TL and AP were notified and it came back as there is no problem with him doing so.

I am curious if anyone else are getting 4 hr shifts but wants you to extend. Our freezer is so behind, I thought I was given privilege to stay long and catch up in freezer but instead used me for dry. So after that, I no longer extend for another dept but my own. Some Of my tm are so slow, talk stories and just all around lazy. I am constantly helping dry or pfresh but no one ever helps freezer
I feel your pain I’m also the only one who will work in the freezer , I’ve been off the past 2 days and tomorrow and I know it’s going to be bad Tuesday when I go back

Back