Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

It shouldnt take any more then a week for the vendor to atleast let you know if there is a problem getting the product.

I try to follow up the next week.
What do you do if they are struggling to get in the correct product in time? For this one vendor, I've already waited 12 days for them to fill their space with the correct product, and (after many struggles and lies-to-my-face with this vendor), I still won't have the correct product for 2 more weeks. The space is in Halloween, and for it to be empty for 50% of the time it is supposed to be up, I'm inclined to take his space away to fill it with something we do have.

What do you do if they are struggling to get in the correct product in time? For this one vendor, I've already waited 12 days for them to fill their space with the correct product, and (after many struggles and lies-to-my-face with this vendor), I still won't have the correct product for 2 more weeks. The space is in Halloween, and for it to be empty for 50% of the time it is supposed to be up, I'm inclined to take his space away to fill it with something we do have.
If you’ve already told them that the space is theirs, give them an ultimatum, say that they can either get the product within a certain amount of time or they can lose their space

Yeah, more than enough time has been given. Fill it with what you own. If its the chip company they do have shortages. I had them fill it with what they own, then keep it full or I fill it.

Yeah, more than enough time has been given. Fill it with what you own. If its the chip company they do have shortages. I had them fill it with what they own, then keep it full or I fill it.
I would normally suggest the vendor to fill with other product but if it’s Halloween they might not have stuff that fits the theme

One Halloween planogram changed to be vendor owned rather than whatever seasonal chips they were going to put there - I'm assuming that's the plano you're talking about? I would just go around asking frito / pepperidge / entenmann's if they have any seasonal inspired merchandise and fill it with that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's scarce because vendors have been pumping out core items like crazy.

So a new guy came to work for a week then disappeared for 3 weeks. He came back this week telling us he had covid. And now everyone's paranoid. I'm no expert but doesn't this mean he is still a carrier and one sneeze and he can still potentially pass it on to anyone?

Bbtw he's working in pfresh handling produce and dairy.

So a new guy came to work for a week then disappeared for 3 weeks. He came back this week telling us he had covid. And now everyone's paranoid. I'm no expert but doesn't this mean he is still a carrier and one sneeze and he can still potentially pass it on to anyone?

Bbtw he's working in pfresh handling produce and dairy.

If he quarantined for 14 days, then he's good to be back at work. You can get covid after having it so there's no way to completely prevent it other than distancing, hand washing, and face masks

20200901_140303.jpg 20200901_140242.jpg
So we have to put these warning labels on some cancer causing cupcakes, cookies, muffins and bread out here in California. Anyone else doing these in their states? People don't care. The pumpkin and apple fritters are a big hit this weekend.

I feel like those labels are so common, and used for so many things that have only a very minor or unknown cancer risk, that people are just going to ignore them.

I looked up Acrylamide, and Wikipedia says it's naturally occurring in baked bread, potato chips, french fries, coffee, and peanuts, among other things. Do you have to put up labels for all of those products?

I feel like those labels are so common, and used for so many things that have only a very minor or unknown cancer risk, that people are just going to ignore them.

I looked up Acrylamide, and Wikipedia says it's naturally occurring in baked bread, potato chips, french fries, coffee, and peanuts, among other things. Do you have to put up labels for all of those products?
I just looked up furfuryl alcohol, it's found in coffee and wine...oops! *sips glass of Chardonnay*

If they don't get it filled by the end of the week it sets, they lose it and I put my own stuff there. Especially wine.

Edit: if they can't get the right product they can put whatever they want there. I don't care as long as it's kept full.

Same here NO more wicker baskets. We still have one for the cucumbers

we have a calendar for vendor pog resets and leave it with our receiver, so they are always in loop with dates. the week before their reset we lay out planograms and label sheets, then agree on the day they will come in and merch. if they miss their day they lose it and put up our product. even if they don't have the right merch or have allocation issues we don't accept substitute product, we just merch our own unless called out on the WIU or by our F&B director. we don't ever backtrack when they lose their spot and they know this. with problem vendors we end up flat out refusing shipments and we've even banned vendors from our store until things got fixed.

Who is still flexing their market aisles in their store? Our flex is getting worse day by day as new products keep on flooding . But people have absolutely no sense on flexing . It’s horrible to zone those aisles . I hope the transitions happen faster !

Who is still flexing their market aisles in their store? Our flex is getting worse day by day as new products keep on flooding . But people have absolutely no sense on flexing . It’s horrible to zone those aisles . I hope the transitions happen faster !

I had to teach my tms how to flex appropriately. Always so it makes sense to the guest and with price labels. We started to look amazing.

Then main problem is our Etl makes the inbound team do half of the market uboats immediately after unloading . They have to do it fast and many of them hates back stocking .
I don’t know if it’s them or our team itself, I am seeing rice with oatmeal, boxes of cereal hiding in odd places , salsa with pasta sauce . Different products under one label and many more . It’s happening recently so I wonder if it’sthe act of some newly hired . I don’t know ! It’s just mess.

So these OPUs had been sitting in my freezer Waco, and it's not really for me to deal with, nor OPU processors because it is guest services end when it's time to pick up. Apparently guest service scans them back if the customer cancels their order, and guest service just leaves it in the Waco. I noticed the same food had been sitting there since August. I checked the sticker date on the plastic bag and viola, 5 to 6 bags worth of food had been in these wacos since Aug-Sept 10. Not anyone care to check, not even OPU people who put in stuff in these wacos every day. I had to let GSTL know and let guest service know to pull them once order is cancelled. Not a big deal really until I get called out for missing items and blamed for not auditing properly.

Attachments

• 20200926_093218.jpg
    20200926_093218.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
So these OPUs had been sitting in my freezer Waco, and it's not really for me to deal with, nor OPU processors because it is guest services end when it's time to pick up. Apparently guest service scans them back if the customer cancels their order, and guest service just leaves it in the Waco. I noticed the same food had been sitting there since August. I checked the sticker date on the plastic bag and viola, 5 to 6 bags worth of food had been in these wacos since Aug-Sept 10. Not anyone care to check, not even OPU people who put in stuff in these wacos every day. I had to let GSTL know and let guest service know to pull them once order is cancelled. Not a big deal really until I get called out for missing items and blamed for not auditing properly.

Yeah....my store does that. Here's a great example. I found this around labor day...yes I checked the date TWICE. Sad our meat is equivalent to McDonald's 🤢

20200908_145508.jpg

Did anyone set their pasta aisle transition? My backroom is full of new stuffs and looks horrible . People have put pasta sauces ( that too now being caseless)till the top most shelf.. I’m thinking of the day when they set the aisle and it’s my turn to pull those things .😓

Did anyone set their pasta aisle transition? My backroom is full of new stuffs and looks horrible . People have put pasta sauces ( that too now being caseless)till the top most shelf.. I’m thinking of the day when they set the aisle and it’s my turn to pull those things .😓

This is our worst backroom aisle because of all the new stuff AND they have been sending us 20 cases per day of discontinued Market Pantry Pasta for the last several weeks. We've made endcaps of discontinued stuff and have flexed out new Good & Gather items to try to give that aisle some relief. This would have been a prefect situation where a transition pallet would make a lot of sense.

Back