Is this the norm?

Could be they’re holding back hours to see how sales are going, planning to add hours later if needed. Especially if they suspect they overspent on Black Friday week.

In memory serves me right, it tends to be fairly slow after 2 day sale. It picks back up closer to Christmas. Store is saving those hours for the heavy Christmas rush.

Edit: Also, the hours could be given mostly to fulfillment team for Cyber Monday. If you are guest adv. Low hours isn't too uncommon.

Last edited:
My hours didn't drop, they were just never very high to begin with. 25 hours this week, next week, and the week after. Pre-swapboard anyway, I check the swap board every time before I clock in and after I clock out as a means of getting more hours.

so i’m still getting my 36-40 hours luckily, but i have a friend at the other target in my area that is getting nothing. they forgot to schedule her one week and for the week of thanksgiving, she is at 8 (2 four hour closes) and the first we of december at 11. she’s not seasonal, open availability except tuesday when she can still close. literally her whole style team, but like three have under 20. it blows my mind how different our stores are

Last edited:
Back