Archived Is your store hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
My store is a serious chore to shop and work in. Its freaking hot. The air conditioning is apparently controlled by a store outside of the state where it must be cold as hell every damn day. Its hot over here so walking into a heated store and working the backroom for 8 hours is not cool. We have fans back there but what good is a fan if all it does is blow hot air in your face?

Ps. Sweaty guests musty smell is not fun either.

Literally, yes. It feels fine, for the most part, when you're shopping in certain areas but its balls hot at the front of the store

Yes because guests always bitch about how the air conditioning is too high.
Seriously this is why pwople who are always cold annoy me to no end.

Yes because there are too many cute girls it's rediculous

But srsly it's usually pretty tolerable. There was a few days where the AC was broken so it was sweltering. That was hell.

My store is an oven and corporate should be ashamed (just to reduce ele bills) of themselves.

I can understand them ignoring TM's complaints, but when guests constantly complain they should pay attention!

Wal-mart keeps it freezing.

We also have this one fitting room operator who always insists on keeping a space heater at the fitting room. It was even worse when our HVAC system got struck by lightning so we had no air conditioning on top of that.

It is a absolutely unbearable in my store. Especially since I work overnight when they don't have the air on very high. I sweat all night and am wiping my head with hankies every 5 minutes.

It was extremely hot in my store. I got dizzy and almost fell over. I didn't or black out because i dony want to be the one for a code green.

Not really... It's unpleasant in certain parts of the backroom during the summer, but usually only before the store opens.

The electronics stockroom is usually pretty warm though. The ventilation is all on one side of the room and there is a rack of servers that always seem to be very hot.

My store is freezing ... I hate it ...I wear a fleece all year around ...
Guests are complaining too , especially when they are in the fitting rooom !

It's getting better now that the weather is colder. In the Summer it gets soo hot.

I guess there's some AC metric which they can cut expenses with. I bet that store in the heart of target land has optimal AC accommodations lol. Can't tell you how many guests have asked me, is it hot in here? It's sad when you see ladies using their coupon pamphlets as a fan loool

worse when a guest picks a sweaty wad of money from their bra or pocket and you have to touch it without actually dying
Oh god...

What do you all do to stay cool? Any kind of clothing I should be wearing? I wear cotton made shirts pretty much every single day and khaki jeans. I sweat like a monster and its especially embarrassing doing MyFA with a river of sweat running down my back.

Oh god...

What do you all do to stay cool? Any kind of clothing I should be wearing? I wear cotton made shirts pretty much every single day and khaki jeans. I sweat like a monster and its especially embarrassing doing MyFA with a river of sweat running down my back.

I keep a bottle of ice water with me while I work. It can help refresh me when I feel like I'm slipping into a heat coma. I have also seen guys who work on the floor roll their pants and sleeves up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back