Archived Isn't there such a thing as sanity control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
Did anyone else's store get those Valentines Reeses Cups where the barcode is ever so slightly folded over so it's unscannable? I know the UPC by heart now, but it's a pain...

Isn't that something that's noticed before we get it?

They don't care when they're making this stuff. How often do you have a large product, like a vacuum or something similar, where the barcode is placed on the bottom of the packaging and you have to lift and tilt the thing just to scan it?

Did anyone else's store get those Valentines Reeses Cups where the barcode is ever so slightly folded over so it's unscannable? I know the UPC by heart now, but it's a pain...

Isn't that something that's noticed before we get it?

A lot of that bulk miniature candy seems to be that way. I want to say Snickers is that way? It's a hassle and a half, that's for sure.

Still doesn't beat the Up&Up sample diapers that the barcode is on the back of the card they put on top of the diaper then shrink wrapped it. You can't see the barcode without opening it. Well you can see it, but not actually scan it. So I did monarch labels for every one in the store.

The chocolate eggs wrapped in foil are also a bitch to scan.

The chocolate eggs wrapped in foil are also a bitch to scan.

The Cadbury eggs are the worst.

How about those Up&Up dish soaps with the new labeling where the scanner can't read the barcode because the background is too dark?

Half of those Cadbury eggs are barely wrapped properly! Why is it that every other food product has to be in untamoered iron clad packaging before people will consider buying it, but those stupid eggs can be half out of their foil, but still be sellable?

Still doesn't beat the Up&Up sample diapers that the barcode is on the back of the card they put on top of the diaper then shrink wrapped it. You can't see the barcode without opening it. Well you can see it, but not actually scan it. So I did monarch labels for every one in the store.

The best is when we in market get random produce that doesn't even scan into the system, therefore we have to manually force the upc onto the dpci... of course you only ever realize this when the guests are checking out the item or it can't be backstocked.

The people in charge of these things don't have to work in the store so its not their issue.

How about the AF coffee that never ever scans? It's much easier to type 4923110iiii into the pda as opposed to trying different angles

They don't care when they're making this stuff. How often do you have a large product, like a vacuum or something similar, where the barcode is placed on the bottom of the packaging and you have to lift and tilt the thing just to scan it?
well to be fair having to life the tilt the box like that makes it harder for a thief to stuff the box with other stuff.

/rant
Biggest pet peeve - the fucking 12 packs of coke/pepsi products. They only have the barcode on the bottom of those little shits, instead of just putting it on every side. Makes it so much harder to scan the fuckers. If they just had the barcodes on every side we could let the guest leave them in the cart and scan them with the hand scanner. But NO, some designer probably decided that the barcodes don't look good on the packaging or some similar bullshit and made them a tiny feature on only ONE SIDE of the box. Of course they aren't the ones that get to lift these things all day to scan them.
/endrant

This is why Aldi knows what's going on.. Ever seen their products? The UPC takes up like half the label.. If it's round, like a jar, the barcode damn near wraps around the container.

This is why Aldi knows what's going on.. Ever seen their products? The UPC takes up like half the label.. If it's round, like a jar, the barcode damn near wraps around the container.
And they put it in about 5 different places on the packaging!

DO NOT get me started on the new labels for the Up & Up dish soap.

Finally dealt with one of these today. Royal pain in the ass.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if quality control on seasonal products were a little less than stellar since they have a short window to make that stuff and want it out and ready to be shipped for the stores to set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back