Archived Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ma having some issues with the way things are done at our store and I have talked to some of the leadership and it seems like nothing is getting done.

Several of our hardlines team members openly talk about doing drugs and sexual activities in front of guests. which I personally find highly inappropriate. Then on top of that they bring drugs and things of that nature to work and keep it on them while they are on the sales floor and tell others about it.

I honestly don't know if I should butt out of what but I am tired of Guests coming to me complaining and/or telling me to call a manager so they can speak to them.

Tip off the police.

TMs getting busted for possession while on the clock will probably get your leaders to take it seriously.

I can't believe anyone could be that dumb.......oh wait.....i can.

I would personally talk to them. Don't be mean about it, but friendly. Point out that guests are complaining and they are risking their job. What they do outside of work, is their business, but while they are on the clock it's serious. Their behavior really gives your store a bad name, which makes you look bad. Hopefully something will change.

I sure wouldn't call the police, that brings a mess that you really don't want.
You've told the ETL's, you say they haven't done anything but you really don't know that.
There may have been warnings or investigations put under way that you are not privy to and shouldn't be.
You might have wanted to talk to your coworkers before your bosses in the first place.
I know I would have.
Saying that you noticed a guest heard them talking and they looked like a cop might have gone a long way towards getting them to shut the hell up.

Last edited:
At my store we pick a random day in the month and check everyone ...so it's fair

I remember AP doing that like twice in the time I worked there and they did do it to everyone, TL and ETL included just to look like they weren't being unfair.

It was a tad bit amusing since I carry a back pack when I ride my bike which includes all the things I think I might need if the dreck hits the fan.
Having lived in a state where the dreck can get pretty deep, this includes things like a complete first aid kit, space blanket, back up meds, mini-machete, ice cleats, fire starter, pads to soak up blood, inner tubes, pump, protein bars, pictures of my kids, sewing kit, rain gear, etc.
I think I blew the poor guys mind when finished unloading.

I don't think I would confront your fellow team members as someone suggested....if they are stupid enough to bring drugs to work...then who knows what else they are capable of . I would let a leader in the building know...if you are uncomfortable with that...then call the hotline. I would make very, very, very, sure that you have your facts straight before calling or reporting it to the leaders.

You could tell AP. AP is allowed to do a purse/bag/locker check. If you refuse its a auto term.
But that wouldn't do much if they are keeping the drugs on their person.

How is this legal?

At the Big Box Book Store they had bag check every time you left the store.
Some of the girls even got clear plastic purses so they wouldn't have to open them every time.
It was a real pain because you had to wait around for a manager to come check you out even though you were clocked out.
As a manager it wasn't that much fun haven't to snoop into woman's purses.

Another funny story, I had my backpack there too and they were used to the usual mess of emergency gear but one time I had to do my food shopping before I went to work.
I was super poor then and basically living on Raman, so I bought a case, which I then stuffed into my backpack.
I think you see where this story is going.

Last edited:
Is this just a retail thing?

They do it at the Amazon warehouses, in fact that's where a major SC case was just handed down because they sued to get paid for the time they had to spend be scanned for checkout.

I worked for Express and my manager at the time told me stories where she had to search FOOD!!!!! Apparently, co-workers were stealing jewelry by wrapping it in cellophane/saran wrap then putting it between their sandwich!!! People are cray cray!!!

I remember AP doing that like twice in the time I worked there and they did do it to everyone, TL and ETL included just to look like they weren't being unfair.

It was a tad bit amusing since I carry a back pack when I ride my bike which includes all the things I think I might need if the dreck hits the fan.
Having lived in a state where the dreck can get pretty deep, this includes things like a complete first aid kit, space blanket, back up meds, mini-machete, ice cleats, fire starter, pads to soak up blood, inner tubes, pump, protein bars, pictures of my kids, sewing kit, rain gear, etc.
I think I blew the poor guys mind when finished unloading.

Wow. Is your backpack like Hermione's infinite bag in the 7th Harry Potter? :D

Wow. Is your backpack like Hermione's infinite bag in the 7th Harry Potter? :D

Sitka, they make great backpacks.

m1OQfx1Q_BVDGHbJR0rrG_g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back