It’s been less than a month…

I have a full-time “day job” in healthcare that I love, but with all the price increases, I decided to go ahead and get a second job. I’ve worked at several different Targets in the past and enjoyed my time there, so I decided to start with applying at my local store and seeing what happens.

I was quickly hired for Style, which was perfect because it’s exactly what I wanted. (I used to be a Level II in shoes back in the day, so I’m comfortable with softlines.)

That was less than a month ago. I have never, NEVER wanted to quit a job so badly. Style is a DISASTER. The reshop is out of control. The amount of items coming off the trucks is insane. We have to force what feels like 75 items on a single rack, to the point where if someone even causes a slight breeze to hit the item on the end of the rack, there’s a sudden cascade of clothing and hangers falling down. Guests are angry with the mess and often make snide comments close enough to me that I believe they want me to hear it, even though I’m very clearly sweating to death (seriously, WHY is it so hot???) while I run around trying to knock out 6 carts of reshop while zoning at the same time. I’m folding clothes at what feels like the speed of light at this point. But none of it matters. It doesn’t make a difference. I just come in the next night to the exact same situation.

I know pretty much every store has a Style department that is falling apart right now, so I guess my question is this — people that have been with Target for awhile, or just know more than I do; is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Is this nightmare going to end soon? Is there a day coming where there will be a reasonable amount of reshop and freight and I can actually get the floor looking nice? Or is it expected that it’s going to be like this for a long time and this is the new normal? I’m so overwhelmed and I think I just need to know whether to jump ship now for the sake of my mental health or if I should somehow figure out how to hang on because it’s going to get better soon. This is…rough. And not what I thought I was signing up for.

Well I’ve been with target,in style, for over 10 years. $50,000,000 store. We take 8 to 9 trucks every week. It is a nightmare of epic proportions. I feel our problems started with new tl who holds no one accountable. We have all new tms except for mens and shoes. They are not told the expectations, so they do what they want, which is very little. Our store is getting slammed from the dc. As of today we have 23 pallets of style, most are wrapped and in the steel. Fitting rooms are so bad cleaning person refuses to clean. New SD from ulv store. It makes me sick and we have been told freight issues will continue until end of year. Clearly, in my humble opinion, corporate way way over ordered product and the dc has no room, so we have to take it. I am holding on by a thread. I know first hand we are not the only store in our district going thru this. I wish I had better news . The number 1 store in our district had their inventory stopped after 5 hours in. We at least made it thru that. My words of wisdom, go with your gut.

The reshop has not slowed down for months. We used to ebb and flow and go through periods where it was way more manageable. Usually a few weeks after Christmas once the returns settled we'd hit a lull until Easter and then another lull until Memorial Day and then another until back to school, but not this year. It's been worse than Christmas. Doesn't help that we don't have fitting room coverage for more than half the day.

With the news of our stock drop, I don't see things getting much better.

I don’t think things will improve at this point. Spot is drowning in style product, not providing hours to deal with it and Back-to School is looming right around the corner.

It's insane at this point. Two months ago my store took a style backroom aisle away to make more room for diapers. WHOOPS! Shit is all over the floor. I was doing Ready to Wear price change this morning. Half of what I need is in pallets in the steel. The fitting room desk is surrounded by carts full of unsorted reshop. And, a 1/3rd of our style team just graduated from college and quit.

Style TL here ✌️ This is the worst I have seen and experienced in my 3 years at Target. Our team can’t keep up, we are drowning in reshop- guest service isn’t prepping it so it’s just carts full. The truck gets rolled every day, metros of shoes and panties. Most of the back room is full of clearance and salvage. We are a number 1 store in our district and if you walk the zone you would think otherwise. Team members burnt out, not enough coverage, now Covid is making a come back so we are getting the texts everyday. Oh yea and not to mention. 2000+ price change a week.

my words to my team : Just keep swimming 🐠

Attachments

• 4B327986-C4BF-4187-AF9E-316DAFF62490.jpeg
    4B327986-C4BF-4187-AF9E-316DAFF62490.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
I work up front and good news is I’m in the first part of the process of quitting my job, About to put in my 2 weeks finally. I’ve had enough of the fucking bullshit with this company and my store, Managers don’t give a fuck about anything and all these plans end up being a failure as well.

We see the fucking animals in Costco leaving food (reshop food) all over the store. Nice big package of chicken breasts on top of the huge bags of rice. Waste must be astronomical.

StylingStyle, jump ship, Target is garbage compared to what it used to be in the good ole days. Best thing I ever did was get away.
Like I was saying, Once this Monday hits, I’m putting in my 2 weeks. Gonna be working in the heat but it’s a smaller place with less toxicity and management there basically said I don’t have to worry about micromanaging anymore, They just expect me to do my job and go home. God is real.

Style TL here ✌️ This is the worst I have seen and experienced in my 3 years at Target. Our team can’t keep up, we are drowning in reshop- guest service isn’t prepping it so it’s just carts full. The truck gets rolled every day, metros of shoes and panties. Most of the back room is full of clearance and salvage. We are a number 1 store in our district and if you walk the zone you would think otherwise. Team members burnt out, not enough coverage, now Covid is making a come back so we are getting the texts everyday. Oh yea and not to mention. 2000+ price change a week.

my words to my team : Just keep swimming 🐠
Yup, that picture sums it up. Racks, 3-tiers, carts - reshop reshop reshop. It just keeps coming. GS has never prepped ours so I'm used to that, but it would be nice if they didn't pile it so high that there's no way I can move the rack without an avalanche happening. Of course, I'm sure they would find it nice if someone in Style came to get it before 4:00 pm, so I guess we're even.

@StylingStyle hope the doom and gloom here hasn't brought you down. I actually really do enjoy working for Target, I still think it's a great company and I certainly spend enough money here, lol. We are just going through some stuff right now. I don't know how long it will take for things to get straightened out but I sure hope it's soon. Way too much work for the amount of hours given.

Two weeks ago anyone from our store would have written any of these posts.
Then….. Bad ETL quits, good New SD starts, ship gets turned off.
Store has mostly recovered.
A sigh of relief from all.
We cleaned a lot of old freight that went from truck to salvage back out the door again but we finally have space.
We Just needed time And direction.

one of two things were needed and for a long time we got neither: less freight OR more hours to deal with more freight. Was really an either/or.
For months we got MORE freight AND LESS hours - it caused a MESS !

here’s hoping you find some relief - in the meantime just do your best and remember - YOU are ONLY ONE piece of the puzzle - DON’T sweat it. Not your circus.

At this point i couldnt tell you. Its going ok at my store. More or less coming clean everyday. Just praying we do not fall behind again.

We see the fucking animals in Costco leaving food (reshop food) all over the store. Nice big package of chicken breasts on top of the huge bags of rice. Waste must be astronomical.
So much this. On closing nights I find so many open half sipped bottles of soda lying around the store stashed in different areas. I must be putting in 20-40 open packages a night lol
AND THE AMOUNT OF FROZEN FOOD MERCHANDISE SITTING OUT IN RANDOM PLACES KILLS ME!!!!

Like I was saying, Once this Monday hits, I’m putting in my 2 weeks. Gonna be working in the heat but it’s a smaller place with less toxicity and management there basically said I don’t have to worry about micromanaging anymore, They just expect me to do my job and go home. God is real.
Good where are you going?

If they had any sense in Mn. they would get someone to patrol the store push a cart with shit in it, look like a shopper and go around gathering reshop. People in big box stores are disgusting animals.
That would an interesting idea but school supplies,detergent, makeup,clothes and food would cause so much cross contamination.

If they had any sense in Mn. they would get someone to patrol the store push a cart with shit in it, look like a shopper and go around gathering reshop. People in big box stores are disgusting animals.
Back in the day at my store the LOD had to push a cart around, pick up reshop and return it to the department of origin. It worked well but fell by the wayside when the new SD came.🙁

"Hey Karen, do not put the hamburger meat there, it does not belong in the Keurig aisle, who the fuck do you think you are you idiot. Either return it to the meat dept or give it to me and I will put it back. You're a slob, we have you on camera and if you do it again I will throw your entitled ass out of the store permanently." (if only we could do that)

Back