Archived It's Gotta be the Shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xza

What recommendations do you have for shoes or boots that will make for a happy life in the DC?

I always wear training or tennis shoes, but the most important thing is the soles. Throw out the soles the shoes come with and invest in a good pair. Makes a WORLD of difference.

Dr Schoals from wal-mart - one size bigger with $15 insole worn on top of the stock insole and and extra pair of socks.

I guarantee you will absolutely BOUNCE when you walk!

What recommendations do you have for shoes or boots that will make for a happy life in the DC?

Oh I have raved about shoes here a number of times. Despite being a relatively frugal person, shoes are something I don't mind splurging on at all. You get what you pay for in most cases. I highly recommend getting your shoes from either Wolverine or Redwing. I have a pair of Wolverine tennis shoes, and they've lasted me over 3 years. I don't have any foot, back, or leg pain since wearing these, and they actually last. My current pair is finally ripping, so I may replace them soon. But they're the best shoes I've ever owned. 3 years for a fucking tennis shoe is pretty good. I can only imagine how long an actual boot must last. That's what I plan on getting next.

If possible, I highly recommend going to an actual shoe store in your area to have your feet measured. The Redwing in my area had this cool, unnecessarily high tech, device that measured the width of your foot while stepping. I think it might have measured arch height as well, not sure. This way, I got the most perfect fit for the shoe I was getting.

Most conventional stores run on the narrow side, and have small toe boxs. These shoes all have amazing arch support and are shaped to provide a better stride when you walk so you're not walking so flat-footed. The toe boxs are typically roomy as well, so they aren't all cramped. I found I was buying an entire shoe size larger to try and compensate for width when I got shoes from Target or Kohls for example.

Aside from fit, these are also just really well constructed and designed for all your typical safety concerns depending on your work environment.

I just took a look, turns out a lot of their shoes are on sale at the moment! SCORE!
Work Boots For Men & Women - Shop Work Shoes | Wolverine

Last edited:
I usually get the steel-toed 'work boots' that look more like sneakers than anything else. At least for OB, I need something steel-toed, waterproof and oil-resistant with very high traction. The most important thing though is the insole. Spare no expense for those.

Oh I have raved about shoes here a number of times. Despite being a relatively frugal person, shoes are something I don't mind splurging on at all. You get what you pay for in most cases. I highly recommend getting your shoes from either Wolverine or Redwing. I have a pair of Wolverine tennis shoes, and they've lasted me over 3 years. I don't have any foot, back, or leg pain since wearing these, and they actually last. My current pair is finally ripping, so I may replace them soon. But they're the best shoes I've ever owned. 3 years for a fucking tennis shoe is pretty good. I can only imagine how long an actual boot must last. That's what I plan on getting next.

If possible, I highly recommend going to an actual shoe store in your area to have your feet measured. The Redwing in my area had this cool, unnecessarily high tech, device that measured the width of your foot while stepping. I think it might have measured arch height as well, not sure. This way, I got the most perfect fit for the shoe I was getting.

Most conventional stores run on the narrow side, and have small toe boxs. These shoes all have amazing arch support and are shaped to provide a better stride when you walk so you're not walking so flat-footed. The toe boxs are typically roomy as well, so they aren't all cramped. I found I was buying an entire shoe size larger to try and compensate for width when I got shoes from Target or Kohls for example.

Aside from fit, these are also just really well constructed and designed for all your typical safety concerns depending on your work environment.

I just took a look, turns out a lot of their shoes are on sale at the moment! SCORE!
Work Boots For Men & Women - Shop Work Shoes | Wolverine

You should quit Target and be a Wolverine salesman lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back