Archived It's ironic,don't you think.What a wonderful headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont love the quote but that is kind of a click bait headline. Sounds like he was directing that to STLs and DTLs not team members specifically. Also the quote was so short I am curious about the context of it.

I agree with that,the article is actually poor but the headline made me laugh.

Maybe stop cutting payroll so stores don't have a single person covering all of Hardlines for the first 6 hours of the day. Let your employees work, and you might notice an improvement.

Seriously, my last shift I had to leave electronics and do CAF pulls half the time because we had a shortage of cashiers, so our shortage of sales floor TMs all had to cashier, leaving me to solo the entirety of Hardlines for part of my shift. Saying employee performance needs to improve when it's the lack of payroll keeping guests dissatisfied and work not done is insulting.

Brian, I urge you to give us more hours. You're the captain of this sinking ship. Don't blame the crew because you decided to sail into an iceberg.

Please, I would LOVE for him to come in and pull the 20+ furniture batches (15 pallets) ALONE like I have to do every day. I don't recall seeing "be an olympic weightlifter" on the core requirements for this workcenter. I'm sure after just one batch of 5 straight 110 lb tv stands he'll have at least a little change of heart. *very bitter*

I'd like to see ANY of the upper echelon execs spend a day in a store pushing carts out in the heat (without getting hit by an SUV), trying to enforce return policy at SD while getting your face ripped off verbally by a guest with entitlement issues, attempting to zone while a pack of teenagers run amok thru the store wrecking things without going absolutely postal.

Ill say it again lets get Brian on Undercover boss. One day at guest service, one at backroom and maybe a third of SFS.

I was just thinking this. Or maybe split shifts--SFS/Backroom, Guest Services/Cashier/Cafe, and Flow/POG. Let him do a truck unload, push 16 pallets of Halloween Transition, set a POG like Hair Color or Cosmetics, deal with cashiering and Guest Services on a Q4 weekend. All while pulling FF's, CAFs, and Autofills and running for call buttons and phone calls. And don't forget to VIBE with every guest.

Look, I'm sorry, but you all are dumb if you think he's directing this at the team members.

I think I'd enjoy watching Brian try to juggle CAF pulls, backup cashiering, and responding to callboxes simultaneously. Come now Brian, just be a better employee. Any struggles you're having doing the job of six people is just personal shortcoming. -smirk-

Look, I'm sorry, but you all are dumb if you think he's directing this at the team members.

Oh I know he doesn't mean everyone, especially not the average cashier or sales floor TM. I know corporate speak. It just pisses me off because he's so out of touch and will put the failings on the company of those beneath him before he takes any public personal accountability. It's slimy corporate bullshit, lots of CEO bigwigs do it, and my reaction is always contempt and disgust.

i think curbside hurt alot too, and in a way so does FF but curbside more so. the guest never entered the building. while it seemed like a nice service, they detered people from coming in. at least with FF they entered the building, and no i hadnt seen anyone shop after picking up their order, it was potential that they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back