Archived I've begun looking for another job, and I need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="atclubsilencio, post: 308704, But I'm not ready to face the sex abuse part yet.

In due time.[/QUOTE]

It's not that it's just a painful memory to revisit (despite living with it every day) I'm conflicted as to how I'd even write it. I think to be uncompromising and explicit would be appropriate, so that those who haven't experience could have a better understanding. But then there is a risk of it coming across exploitative or offensive, or like 'shock value for shock value' which wouldn't be the case. There's also potential that it could negatively trigger other victims and add to their depression, when I'd want it to be helpful and make it so it's not a big scary monster that is too frightening to take on. Traumatic and awful, yes, but I'm afraid of being misunderstood. It's like when I read Stephen King's Geralds Game, one chapter involving a certain eclipse made my blood boil at first, and then I ultimately ended up writing King and thanking him for not holding back. I got what he was doing. So who knows.

Anyway, back to Target...

retail can be hard to break out of no matter where your coming from. better/higher paying jobs look down on retail employees thinking your a payroll vampire and will be lazy. so my advice to you would be find a place where someone can refer you as a way in. because shit if i havent been trying for over a year to escape the hand of death that is retail with no luck.

retail can be hard to break out of no matter where your coming from. better/higher paying jobs look down on retail employees thinking your a payroll vampire and will be lazy. so my advice to you would be find a place where someone can refer you as a way in. because shit if i havent been trying for over a year to escape the hand of death that is retail with no luck.

Well so far I've applied at Regal and World Market, the latter I would consider retail, so hopefully having target on my application wont go against me.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Not to bring things down or anything but I just can't truly express how proud of myself I am. The entirety of my first half of my 20s (well 18-24) was spent in and out of hospitals, abusing drugs and alcohol, never leaving my room, seeing doctors and therapy, lost my friends save for a couple, had no ambitions or goals, was just waiting to die. My PTSD from childhood sex abuse completely robbed me of my joy of life. I never thought I'd ever have a job again because I couldn't hold one, I was just waiting to die. Now I'm sitting here, getting paid tomorrow, about to get ready for work (despite being exhausted), and just finished my application and resume for Regal Cinemas and will be checking up on that later today.

It's just a lovely feeling. I'm so fucking happy I survived those attempts to take my own life.

Plus I've lost 30 pounds since working at target and need to get new pants because they slide right off if I'm not wearing a belt.
Everything is not perfect and there are still challenges and I still deal with my anxiety/depression, but now it's me kicking ass instead of it kicking mine.

okay maybe this was a bit too personal. sorry about that.

No just be proud and keep doing what you doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back