Archived January Wk 1 schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 (was 13 ) had to call off today because I woke up sick with the Hershey squirts and wasn't going to risk it :(:confused:

Your store may be different but because payroll resets each month we rarely let people extend the first two weeks. If we make sales and have flex hours we will add payroll weeks 3 and 4.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, but so far I've been allowed to stay. They usually tell us if we have to leave on our scheduled times, but I am going to keep checking just in case.

7 hours this week... 'cause I'm taking vacation the 2nd-10th lol
At 32 hours for week 2, all flex. I'm sure it'll be whittled down further before the week arrives

I have 38 this week and go down to 24 next week, which is fine by me because that means I'll be working the hours I actually applied for. :rolleyes:

Don't have enough hours, cross train into other areas. If you can be scheduled to cover multiple areas you are more likely to get more hours. Also let the FRO or HR (depending on who does the calling in your store) know that you are willing to pick up shifts to cover call offs and then answer your phone and agree to come in if you can and if you can't maybe call them back and let them know that you appreciate the call but for whatever reason can't cover the shift. Personally when I call someone to cover a shift and get nothing but silence repeatedly I get the message that they don't want extra shifts. No one wants to spend all day on the phone trying to find someone so we naturally start with the TMs who say "yes" more often than "no".

My week 1 looks good but that's likely fallout for resetting and returns week. I know in a couple more it will start to slide downward. And as HRZone indicated February will be even lighter. I have a lot of TMs that I know who accepted every hour of overtime they could get this season - some working 12 hr shifts - because they knew Jan/Feb was coming.

i was crossed trained in every dept in target before i left i was plano and tune in tuesday , then plano started to add more people and they decided they wanted me out of tune in tuesday because they wanted to train someone else to do it.
i pushed out all new releases set them on time did backstock and sometimes backstock was like a crapload of stuff all in a 4 hour shift they were mad that other parts of entertainment were not touched like the stuff that revisions was in charge of or electronics for not zoning right. then plano started giving me less shifts so i was picking up flow hours in softlines. then i start to go down to 1-2 days a week after 13 years in all my time i was there i had 3 coachings but they were all at random times. they had favorites and i warned all the new people i was training watch your back they will give you 40 hours one week and then 10 the next week

i work for a company that is 100x better the things they do for the employees are amazing we have fun events that really happen we close the store early on a sunday in december and the store puts on a huge christmas party for us at a local banquet hall.

Guess again ...
I have less hours than the seasonal , he has 36 !
So yeah , I am getting a little peeve about it ...
Lots of possible reasons, ask your tl and/or hr if there's anything that will make you more attractive for more hours. We're trying to balance it. So if you had 30 this week, next week the other guy would get that 30 instead and you'd get the 40.

I went from zero scheduled hours this week (I picked up a shift,) to forty hours next week in SFS

Lots of possible reasons, ask your tl and/or hr if there's anything that will make you more attractive for more hours. We're trying to balance it. So if you had 30 this week, next week the other guy would get that 30 instead and you'd get the 40.
Some long time cashiers were unhappy during the holidays when they were scheduled only 9 hrs a week while seasonals had 30 plus ...( while having open availabilities)
I am ( what we call at my store ) an "in case " happens team member...
They know that I will stay past my scheduled time in case they need me , while others will simply leave as soon as their time is up ...
My tl and etl are not taking care of their team like other do ...

I am not concerned about my hours because I like to work at Target as little as possible, but they have really cut the front end hours on the schedule. We only had 3 cashiers for most of the day- one for SCO and 2 for the lanes. Definitely not enough. Especially when one had to go back up the one at guest services. It seemed like last year they didn't cut the hours until the middle of January.

I don't know if I understand my stores contribute on hours. We had 5 softlines TM working today and just me in hardlines. I understand alot about softlines but not -5- people worth of work. . I barely get 30 hours but we can afford to give those hours out like candy. Every week I get calls asking me to come in on my day off and it would be easier to schedule me those hours instead of 2 extra people in softlines.

I don't know if I understand my stores contribute on hours. We had 5 softlines TM working today and just me in hardlines. I understand alot about softlines but not -5- people worth of work. . I barely get 30 hours but we can afford to give those hours out like candy. Every week I get calls asking me to come in on my day off and it would be easier to schedule me those hours instead of 2 extra people in softlines.
Were they working an adjacency? Or the salesplanners due this week? That's what mine did today...which are outside of the softlines regular hours.

Just finished up 41.5 hours this week and scheduled for 40 hours next week and the week after. Gotta love pricing.

Lol I have 8 hours this week, 15 next week(starting Sunday) and 8.25 hours on the newest schedule(starting the 15th.) most at my store have 3 days or less.

Why is my store literally the only store Market gets crapped on for hours....We get 53ish hours in the whole week for the workcenter
Not sure. At my store, every market team member is considered a PA but I am the only one who is full-time.

Not sure. At my store, every market team member is considered a PA but I am the only one who is full-time.

Interesting we have a lot of consumable tms who make a dollar less than PAs

Interesting we have a lot of consumable tms who make a dollar less than PAs
That's the general pay difference between tm and pa at most stores. It's why I've filed with the state for incorrect pay....they took forever to change me and then fought fixing it.

We only silk have plenty of hours because they took them from everywhere else to fill market. We spend almost 200hrs a week easy with a mid shift every day plus a c&s threw days a week. But have one person in hardlines/ softlines all day. And only 28.5hrs for signing almost every week, including the back to school set.

I agree completely. The other day, we didn't have SPLs or anything and had seven team members scheduled just for close! (Me included, I was on go backs). Of course, everyone finished by nine. Go backs were clear, zones were done, and there was hardly any guest traffic. Not sure why so many people were scheduled. It was absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back