Archived Jeans Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I prefer jeans because apart from the fact that red and khaki is not my aesthetic at all, I'm short and can never find khakis that aren't too long. So, I say yay. We can wear black jeans at my store, so even better.

I was talking to one of my ETLs a few months ago who was of the opinion that Target was looking for an excuse to get rid of the khakis.

For a company that wants to brand itself as being all hip 'n shit, having their employees look like icons of the 80s doesn't exactly help.
Agreed. That seems like what they were probably thinking, then they turn it around like they are rewarding everyone.
Oh please theyre idiots and would ask if you worked there if you were standing with a neon sign that said "i work here"
This times 1000000. I was asked if I work there like at least once everyday. Granted maybe the TPS uniform wasn’t obvious enough. Ironically the other day I mistakenly showed up to Target in a red long sleeve polo and kahki pants. Someone did ask me to unlock something for them and I had to inform them that I actually do not work for Target lol.
You should get some Shout Pretreater Spray. It works wonders on all the mysterious black marks and lines that Khakis pick up.
Tried it and it didn’t work. I shouted “Pretreater Spay” at my old khakis like 4 times and it didn’t do a damn thing.

One of my old uniform schools used to do a special day where if you paid $1 to whatever thing they were raising money for, you got to wear jeans. Seems like something target could do :rolleyes:

I hate wearing jeans and many of the people that are wearing them to work just shouldn't. This is no perk or whatever you want to call it, in my opinion.

There are some people who are going to push the boundaries of "work appropriate" regardless...

But when it comes to all the abuse our clothes go through, I really do find it easier to look professional/not shabby with jeans. Darker denim colors hide all the dust and dirt and stains better, and its so much easier to find jean fabric that's reasonably thick (shows fewer wrinkles, stands up better to wear and tear, etc.)

Back in the day, I destroyed so many pairs of khakis. They'd either wear out, get dirty and not be able to be cleaned, or would rip in awkward places. I assume my jeans will do the same now, but I'll destroy these last two pairs before that happens.

Khaki is like the color white to me. I never wear it because I ALWAYS get dirty. But I do like that they're a bit more durable with all the equipment I have to carry now.

I'm big on Khakis, just more presentable. BUT I'm going to have to warm up to jeans. I'm all about brand and upholding fun practices, the team really loves jeans so I might as well embrace it :(

I assume same rules (blue only no holes) applies? I would obviously never wear holes to work but I have a pair of grey jeans that I love.

I just started working at target and haven't gone khaki shopping yet. so glad I don't have to now lmao

I started 2 weeks ago and I bought a bunch a few days before the announcement. I keep saying I can still wear them to make myself feel better, but I know I probably never will lol. oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back