Archived Jeans Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick one or the other - I feel like guests can't tell who's working. I also feel we've really gotten away from being brand with red (at least at my store), and it's no wonder guests constantly ask if we work there.

I've worn red, khaki, nametag and the dumbass "Ask me how to save 5 percent sticker at times" while holding a walkie

Guest still ask me if I work there

Don't underestimate the stupidity of some guest.

Edit just saw @oath2order's post, spot on LOL

I use to think this but then I realized it's Target. They get what they pay for, we try to act like we put Wal-Mart to shame but....

I don't understand this response. At least where I'm from it's one of the easiest and highest paying jobs in the entire city....outside of trade work

I don't understand this response. At least where I'm from it's one of the easiest and highest paying jobs in the entire city....outside of trade work

Retail is notorious for not appreciating their employees, Target is better than some but expecting people to dress super fancy for a retail job it's kind of silly specially when the workload requires you to really get down and dirty.

Retail is notorious for not appreciating their employees, Target is better than some but expecting people to dress super fancy for a retail job it's kind of silly specially when the workload requires you to really get down and dirty.

Meh....This could be me being super judgmental here but....

If someone is dressed for Work super nice then they won’t be pulling their sleeves up and getting dirty like the rest of us.

Last edited:

If someone is dressed for Work super nice then they won’t be pulling their sleeves up and getting dirty like the rest of us.

This is true, and reminds me of my old store...a lot of the girls put effort into hair & makeup, or looking cute. Who are you trying to impress? :rolleyes:

This is true, and reminds me of my old store...a lot of the girls put effort into hair & makeup, or looking cute. Who are you trying to impress? :rolleyes:

From my experience, getting attention at work isn’t a good thing. Not that I’m particularly good looking or whatever.

I used to work for a retailer where I wore dresses and heels and I could do a mean floor move. On those days where I would be pushing a lot of freight, I tended to wear pants; you know the whole ladder and dress thing.

I dress very well for work, and literally roll up the sleeves of my dress shirt and push truck, backstock, do cardboard, and more everyday. Quality shoes are more comfortable for my wide feet and happen to look nice, too. Pants that fit well, and a variety of red vests and jackets because I don’t want a closet of red shirts I can’t wear elsewhere doesn’t mean I’m going to put forth any less effort at work. I’m in this building 50 hours a week, and enjoy looking nice, so it’s my most frequent opportunity to do so. Plus it’s amazing how much ‘looking the part’ helps when dealing with guests damanding a manager.

IMG_20190125_190954664.jpg

This was posted in the TSC at my store today.

I wear black jeans every day oops

I wear black jeans when my TL assigns me to spend the day in the A&A backroom fixing our standards. I honestly think anyone who works backroom should be given the option of black due to the nature of the job but at least blue jeans don't show the dirt as bad as the khakis do. :p

Was this supposed to be a reward ? No yippee from me. I don’t like the jeans look: too unprofessional, Childish, sloppy. Funny thing is, black jeans actually look better than blue jeans yet are not allowed. It’s not exactly a construction site. Guest are uncertain who’s an employee.
Rumor is pajama pants acceptable next year. Let’s hear it for slippers in 2021.

Khaki is more comfortable than denim but more hours is comfier than both
AJANTS (All jeans are not the same)

I have a pair that are very comfortable, it has like flex material in it. My khakis feel very stiff in comparison.

But I agree about more hours.

Yeah, you are being super judgmental. I work just as hard with a skirt and flats as I do with pants and athletic shoes. I've grabbed cribs out of the backroom and taken them to the front with a flat while wearing a skirt, I've hoisted travel systems into a guest's cart while wearing a skirt, hell there was one day that I had to climb a ladder and bring down a huge box of diapers from the second to top shelf while wearing a skirt and a sling to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back