Archived Just A Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been seeing a lot of empty packages for Sonia and NYX. Today, as I was zoning, I found an empty package that I think was Sonia but I threw it in to my backstock carry cart and forgot it was there (and I brought it in back so I hope to god they don't think I stole it even though you can clearly see me doing the pee dance as I placed my cart into the backroom and when I found it on the sales floor I shook my head). For some reason, Flow like's to overly push at my store and it honestly pisses me off. Like it makes the area look like poop and unorganized. When everything is overly pushed, you can't see behind the product which makes it a hiding place for empty packages. Is it just me or is it stressful to find your work area messed up after it was all nice and neat and now there's the cluttered look and empty freakin packages? I actually made an entire shopping cart full of back stock from overly pushed items in C26. How? I don't even know but I know it can't just be Flow team. And I've only been working here for a few months and my team members were right. "You won't be all smiles for too long. Watch, in a few months this place will destroy you." It didn't destroy my complete smile but it has made me annoyed more often than anything. On the plus, I love my job. I love my team. My team leads. Everyone. I'm extremely lucky to be at this Target.

One thing: Be sure to separate your empty packages from your other stuff! As a former backroom team member, I got tired of seeing junk (including charge backs) combined with backstock. Sometimes I would purposely push the defective item onto the floor!

One thing: Be sure to separate your empty packages from your other stuff! As a former backroom team member, I got tired of seeing junk (including charge backs) combined with backstock. Sometimes I would purposely push the defective item onto the floor!
I usually do, especially if I had a shopping cart: damaged and empty's on top and backstock in the belly of the cart. I was using one of the baskets for my zoning, figuring most of it would be empty or in the wrong spot but nope. It just had to be that one package. Thank you :) I'll double check when I backstock from now on.

Just as a side note, be sure to give the empty packages to your AP team.

If Sonia and NYX are trending hot for theft right now (when aren't they? lol), they need to know so they can protect them! They'll be grateful for the intel and assistance.

Just as a side note, be sure to give the empty packages to your AP team.

If Sonia and NYX are trending hot for theft right now (when aren't they? lol), they need to know so they can protect them! They'll be grateful for the intel and assistance.
:) I always let our AP know. It's so funny because thankfully they're both in the same aisle and you would clearly see them shoving the packages behind other makeup. So, because I'm still technically new, should I just radio my AP when I find all of the empty stuff? I usually bring it up to guest service if I can't get ahold of them and leave a note saying where I found them empty.

We have some amazing flow team members but the majority don't care about putting things in the right place or in order to be faster try to fit everything on the shelves.
I agree. Our store has an amazing flow team too; besides everyone being extremely nice they're actually listening and helping guests as well instead of just listening to music. It shouldn't just be about being faster though. It makes it a little more complicated to do my job when zoning because now I have two carts full of overly pushed items like dish drainers. They usually put them on top of a completely different item in section C. Even command strips which is a pain in the butt to zone.

My problem is finding product completely mixed up. The "no empty spaces" zoning has been taken to such an extreme that I caution guests to double check prices. Fix it? I'd love to but I'm a little pressed for time with freight and repacks. Guests can't possibly be responsible for the mess. I'm so tired of it.

My problem is finding product completely mixed up. The "no empty spaces" zoning has been taken to such an extreme that I caution guests to double check prices. Fix it? I'd love to but I'm a little pressed for time with freight and repacks. Guests can't possibly be responsible for the mess. I'm so tired of it.
I don't even do that unless it's electronics toys section. Otherwise, I get that one guest that comes over and literally moves EVERYTHING over to even the wrong spot again and complains to me about how I should do my job lol. Honestly, I always tell guests to double check the price or even scan the item to tell them what it is. Otherwise, if it's put in a $5 spot when $6.99, another guest could have moved it there so of course I'm going to tell you the real price. It's so much worse in our softlines area.

When flow overpushes that means less backstock for me and more items to sell on the floor

win/win

Till e2e accountability. Or other efforts to understand what's in the store and where.

So, because I'm still technically new, should I just radio my AP when I find all of the empty stuff? I usually bring it up to guest service if I can't get ahold of them and leave a note saying where I found them empty.

Since it's an empty package, there's no real urgency (ie, the theft has already occurred, likely hours before you find the packages), so you don't have to contact AP right away. Giving them to guest services is fine.

Best thing you can do to empty packages is attach a little note saying what aisle it was found in, what time it was found, and the day's date. That gives AP some info that will help to pinpoint exactly when the item was placed there and by whom. So if you're doing that, then you're good to go!

We have some amazing flow team members but the majority don't care about putting things in the right place or in order to be faster try to fit everything on the shelves.
The flow team at my store ALWAYS puts stuff in the wrong place, and they never actually put the tissue paper on the pegs, they just leave it on top of the gift wrap, annoys the hell out of me.

Since it's an empty package, there's no real urgency (ie, the theft has already occurred, likely hours before you find the packages), so you don't have to contact AP right away. Giving them to guest services is fine.

Best thing you can do to empty packages is attach a little note saying what aisle it was found in, what time it was found, and the day's date. That gives AP some info that will help to pinpoint exactly when the item was placed there and by whom. So if you're doing that, then you're good to go!
We log it into the system at GS at my store, then fill out a sheet on where we found the stolen items, what time, etc. It's kind of been effective.

When flow overpushes that means less backstock for me and more items to sell on the floor

win/win

This is why backroom and flow as we knew it are getting eliminated. Can't say you didn't bring it on yourself

This is why backroom and flow as we knew it are getting eliminated. Can't say you didn't bring it on yourself
It's not really going to change anything. Caf pushers will still overpush stuff until target holds them accountable and when 4Q hits everything is going to get flexed to hell

We log it into the system at GS at my store, then fill out a sheet on where we found the stolen items, what time, etc. It's kind of been effective.

Yup.

Even if we don't find the person who took it or they never come back to the store, the information is still useful and can show us which items/classes/departments need special attention re: protection and surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back