Keeping "Ones for Ones" low the driving Target metric now?

You can just check both boxes.
There is a pull completion metric for OFOs and there is a separate metric for pulling OOS batches. When we are pulling OOS in the OFO batches, we aren't getting credit for completing them, even though they are still getting pulled. We all have direction in our district to pull and push OOS batches, THEN pull and push OFOs, and we are required to pull OOS every time they drop in to fill.

There is a pull completion metric for OFOs and there is a separate metric for pulling OOS batches. When we are pulling OOS in the OFO batches, we aren't getting credit for completing them, even though they are still getting pulled. We all have direction in our district to pull and push OOS batches, THEN pull and push OFOs, and we are required to pull OOS every time they drop in to fill.
wait. is this a thing, now? Haven't heard about specifically pulling out of stock items separately.

:rolleyes:

brb.... trying to find my eyeballs that rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

wait. is this a thing, now? Haven't heard about specifically pulling out of stock items separately.

:rolleyes:

brb.... trying to find my eyeballs that rolled so hard they fell out of my head.
It is in my region at least. HUGE deal here, like multiple emails a day kinda deal.

Can you grab my eyes while you're down there? I also lost mine when I heard this a month ago 😩

Ah, that explains a lot, especially why I've sometimes been asked to pull them multiple times a night, even when there's literally 2 things in there and I miss finishing zone because I need to get the Wave out or (god forbid) fetch a rug from above the line (sometimes I get out of that because of trailer unload).

But not getting credit for OOS when completed with 141s is a bug and needs fixing. If the day teams are pulling the 141/OOS batches it's utterly ridiculous that they don't get credit for both. I don't have time to do all the 141s at night, and zone and do reshop and help guests and backup and everything else, but I can hit the OOS batches at least once (I cover stationery, bullseye, domestics, dec home, storage/utility & kitchen).

Last edited:
Yes, it is an actual thing and has been for months even if no one knew about it or cared enough to ensure it was being communicated (God forbid! 😱) or implemented until recently.

I have yet to figure out or ask if this applies to pulling new pog batches too. I haven't been separating them but no one is harping about it either. I would think it should because when a new pog is tied, those OOS items drop into the fillgroup OOS batch. And if I'm not separating them, they won't count.

Ah, that explains a lot, especially why I've sometimes been asked to pull them multiple times a night, even when there's literally 2 things in there and I miss finishing zone because I need to get the Wave out or (god forbid) fetch a rug from above the line (sometimes I get out of that because of trailer unload).

But not getting credit for OOS when completed with 141s is a bug and needs fixing. If the day teams are pulling the 141/OOS batches it's utterly ridiculous that they don't get credit for both. I don't have time to do all the 141s at night, and zone and do reshop and help guests and backup and everything else, but I can hit the OOS batches at least once (I cover stationery, bullseye, domestics, dec home, storage/utility & kitchen).
Agreed, so frustrating. I get why they want it done, but I hate adding extra steps to the routine when this would've been completed immediately after, but hey.

I think the logic is that if you don't pull 100% of the OFO 100% of the time, then you may not end up pulling specific OOS. This makes sure that the OOS is at least 100% complete, even if the rest of the OFO is only 50% done and you are guaranteed to fill the outs. So I'm pretty sure that it's not a bug, but entirely an intentional "feature."

Yes, it is an actual thing and has been for months even if no one knew about it or cared enough to ensure it was being communicated (God forbid! 😱) or implemented until recently.

I have yet to figure out or ask if this applies to pulling new pog batches too. I haven't been separating them but no one is harping about it either. I would think it should because when a new pog is tied, those OOS items drop into the fillgroup OOS batch. And if I'm not separating them, they won't count.
Exactly! Since there are "technically" no distinct POG batches anymore, anything you tie will be counted for OFO completion and OOS completion, as they fall into the depts OFO/OOS batches. So they'd probably want you to pull the OOS for that specific POG/aisle and then pull the OFO for it after

pulling OFO and then OOS was a metric tactic a year ago when everything was on the MOVE app. My district focuses on only OFO since focusing on both is stupid and chasing metrics at that point and not really servicing the guest. At the end of the day your filling the floor with what you sold an have left in the back with OFO. OOS is redundant.

HQ TEAMS: if your crawling these forums, please understand that the more processes you tie to metrics that MUST be green, the more time teams spend in the backroom not engaging G.U.E.S.T. simplify metrics so we can spend more time on the floor.

HQ TEAMS: if your crawling these forums, please understand that the more processes you tie to metrics that MUST be green, the more time teams spend in the backroom not engaging G.U.E.S.T. simplify metrics so we can spend more time on the floor.
Preach. I cringe every time I see a new metric show up on Greenfield because I know I'm going to get stuck figuring out how to chase it all day. Gotta look good on those 4 times a day email recaps that come down from our OD or DSD 👌👌👌

pulling OFO and then OOS was a metric tactic a year ago when everything was on the MOVE app. My district focuses on only OFO since focusing on both is stupid and chasing metrics at that point and not really servicing the guest. At the end of the day your filling the floor with what you sold an have left in the back with OFO. OOS is redundant.

I may pull the ofo's and such . But it'll be left in a 3 tier in the back cause I can't be in two spots at once and guest service is far more important to me then being in the sweltering hot backroom

Posting this again, because YES. The focus on metrics and guest service aren't entirely in sync, and focusing on metrics can often result in worse experiences for guests, in ways that aren't always captured by other metrics.

Seriously, reduce the focus on BRLA and you cut pull time in half. The amount of time I spend going out of a pull, auditing the location, going back in the pull, going out, auditing the next location, etc. could so much better be spent on the floor engaging guests. But instead I'm in the backroom fixing shit because BRLA is more important than helping guests find what they are looking for, because that can't easily be tied to a number.

Or better yet, hire great people, train them correctly, and give them the hours they desire. Invest in the team members and put the right people in the right place.

Also, hold people accountable. If the stockroom is a dumpster fire, work with that person to improve the stats, or move that person to another role in the store (or replace them.)

Better yet, let people who enjoy and excel at interacting with guests interact with guests, and let people who enjoy and excel at tasks perform tasks. Both are critical aspects of serving the guests and getting their money. Hello: if you want everything done at once, you don't do that by making each person do all of the things--you do that by having each thing done by someone.

Better yet, let people who enjoy and excel at interacting with guests interact with guests, and let people who enjoy and excel at tasks perform tasks. Both are critical aspects of serving the guests and getting their money. Hello: if you want everything done at once, you don't do that by making each person do all of the things--you do that by having each thing done by someone.

The always-just-around-the-corner, do-everything employee is a weird idea to apply as broadly as Target wants to. It's even true within focused areas like FOS. If you want to hire some people who can be all-a-rounders, then hire some and make it clear to them what you expect at hiring. Let me keep my cashiers who can really only cashier, and my devoted chill Service Desk dude who despises the lanes, and my SCO goddess who OWNS that sumbitch. And also my adept all-a-rounders with ADD and hearts of gold. Pretty please. I don't want the majority of my folks being a mediocre sort of blank-faced corporate adapter that you can plug in everywhere.

Or better yet, hire great people, train them correctly, and give them the hours they desire. Invest in the team members and put the right people in the right place.

Also, hold people accountable. If the stockroom is a dumpster fire, work with that person to improve the stats, or move that person to another role in the store (or replace them.)
I agree with holding people accountable and training them right. My issue however in regards to the back room is I can’t determine WHO is causing the issues so I can address it and teach them . Since it’s not a closed stockroom anymore that means everyone has access and can screw it up. Target’s reporting only shows you who catches the errors. Unless there is a report that I’m not aware of.
My DBO of an area works really hard to keep their backroom clean and organized. Then fulfillment comes through all day, people pulling 1:1’s in the evening and then backstocking. Team members throughout the day pulling items for guests. All it takes is one of those Tm’s to not subtract something out of location, not locate something, or key in the wrong numbers and now there are new errors.
To say teach them correctly or move them to a new position is difficult when I can’t determine who and how many are doing it.

I agree with holding people accountable and training them right. My issue however in regards to the back room is I can’t determine WHO is causing the issues so I can address it and teach them . Since it’s not a closed stockroom anymore that means everyone has access and can screw it up. Target’s reporting only shows you who catches the errors. Unless there is a report that I’m not aware of.
My DBO of an area works really hard to keep their backroom clean and organized. Then fulfillment comes through all day, people pulling 1:1’s in the evening and then backstocking. Team members throughout the day pulling items for guests. All it takes is one of those Tm’s to not subtract something out of location, not locate something, or key in the wrong numbers and now there are new errors.
To say teach them correctly or move them to a new position is difficult when I can’t determine who and how many are doing it.
Yes, the errors WILL continue - not ONLY because you don’t know WHO is making them.
It’s possible that it is not as simple as finding that ONE tm that needs training. It is possible that MULTIPLE people only make ONE error each. This is why:
It really does not matter who MAKES the error - because even the BEST, most knowledgeable tm, can be distracted, hit the wrong digit, make an error.
‘It is MORE important that the error is FIXED. Teach PULLERS to FIX the errors BEFORE adding them to the report of errors. This is what the report tells you:
‘WHO needs to FIX the errors THEY FIND - not who is making them - cause we all make them at one time somehow.

We pull 141s completely. However, let’s say I’m seeing too much freight coming in for a given aisle or not enough I’ll do this.

1) Check if there is push for that aisle left on the line. If so I get it pushed completely.
2) Have that aisle zoned to plano
3) Update the SFQ
4) Pull the 141 for that aisle
5) Make sure the backroom location for that aisle is updated

it always goes out 100% for me.

If I owned a specific department I would make a weekly calendar for aisles/valleys to do the above to make sure my instocks is as accurate as I could make them.

Unfortunately, my last two positions have been full projects. However, I worked with a few leaders to do this and they’re seeing positive results.

I personally feel like the push has to be complete so you know exactly what is really on the shelf.

Back