Archived Killing Black Friday shippers before Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work tonight at 11 PM and my job is to kill all the Black Friday shippers on the salesfloor. Does this make any sense at all? Tv shop, movies, pallets, everything! Backstock it all I was told lol. When I questioned the reasoning behind killing the shippers before we open on Black Friday I was told that Joe (regional vp) wants it to like like a normal day by Friday morning 🤷🏻‍♂️Seems strange right?

It’s the spot way of doing things.

9dVk9p-XR9Uw7szr

We sell through almost all of them, they usually get “killed” before midnight at my store so hardly any backstock.

Same here. We sell thru enough to kill the shipper and fill the home location or empty endcaps. We are often better staffed tonight than tomorrow so it easier to kill them tonight rather than have them empty tomorrow and have no one to remove them promptly. And it reduces the frustration having things in several locations, easier to keep track of what is still in stock or not.

I always had to maintain and kill the shippers (movies) by myself. Fighting an uphill battle.

The shippers were killed last night and moved to endcaps and the remaining backstocked. The backstock and endcaps were emptied by SFS before the store even opened. Nobody got the game systems, Beats headphones, or the Roomba if they didn't order it as an OPU yesterday.

Other than TVs, seemed like most of the Black Friday shippers were empty enough to be killed anyway.
Now if we could just get those white seasonal display units dead, that would be good. Who designed those things anyway? The stuff that's supposed to go on them is so ridiculously crowded, and we're not even flexing yet.

What is interesting is that someone in Alabama was actually killed....so I was surprised that someone was writing about that....then I realized my mistake.

Ours were empty by 8 am anyways.

The dvd ones are still up for SFS but we will be done with those by today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back