Archived KrebsOnSecurity Breaks Story on Target Data Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is strange to me - since it says that it is in addition to the other breach. So what files/system did they get into?!?!

UGH... this could explain the spam i have started getting in my email - the first such stuff since I got the address 10 years ago.

Going to be a LOVELY day to work in the pharmacy today.... somehow I doubt anyone will sign up for rewards today.

Like I said before they are doing 'inoculation'.
If they had told people this right at the git go Spot would be looking for it's stock prices with a magnifying glass and the Christmas sales would have dropped to nothing.

But now this new announcement is going to rock a few people but it just looks like an add on to the original.
It really is bad news, these hackers were running around in the system like kids in a candy store pretty much taking whatever the hell they wanted.

Last edited:
With the rate this is going, Target will soon announce through them the hackers got access to looking in your bedroom window at night.

I got a letter today saying that my fraudulent charge was authorized. Gonna have a talk to my hr when I go in today.

I got a letter today saying that my fraudulent charge was authorized. Gonna have a talk to my hr when I go in today.

What?? So they are saying you're a liar pretty much? Assholes. I like Target, and I like my job, but I feel like they're not being honest with the public.

How much does everyone want to bet they got more than just "Names and E-mails"?

Yep. They gave me a print off of the receipt as well. It has my lunch and TM discount on it but a bunch of other stuff I didn't buy as well. I'll account for my lunch but I'll be damned if they're calling me a liar.

Last edited:

What?? So they are saying you're a liar pretty much? Assholes. I like Target, and I like my job, but I feel like they're not being honest with the public.

Yep. They gave me a print off of the receipt as well. It has my lunch and TM discount on it but a bunch of other stuff I didn't buy as well. I'll account for my lunch but I'll be
damned if they're calling me a liar.

I would question it, with out delay. It sounds like the cashier didn't complete the prior transaction. Ask your ap for the video.

And now we know why we all have to change our eHR passwords.

I went in and changed my password for eHR yesterday. They STILL haven't said anything to anyone at my store. Don't know what they're waiting for.

So, names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses were stolen too? Zeus in a chicken basket, this is all just unbelievable. Absofreakinlutely insane. :(

I hate reading these articles and how people think Target is to blame, as if they caused it all >.>

I dunno, I do feel partially responsible. A couple weeks ago, a prompt popped up on my register that said "Do you want to release 40 million guest's credit and debit card info? Yes/No?"

... and I accidentally clicked "Yes."

Hey! I didn't authorize an additional 30-70 million!!!! :angry:

I went in and changed my password for eHR yesterday. They STILL haven't said anything to anyone at my store. Don't know what they're waiting for.
Same here.

Wonder if it is regional at all?

I got mine changed today though. Crap, that was 500 people ago in the pharamcy.... the full moon has brought out the, um, "best" of them. I wonder what i changed it too?!?! LOL!

I find it funny that there being forced to offer credit monitoring... I thought they only had to do that, when Social Security Numbers, or Driver License information was breeched.

Personally I think they got into the e-hr database. That is the only reason that I can come up with as to why every TM, TL,.... must change their passwords to log into workbench, mysite, etc.

When did the password change thing occur? I didn't have to change mine when I fixed a punch a few days ago..?

I can't access ehr through target.com, though. Says you can only do it from a store

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-10%20at%208.06.50%20PM.png

I was completely unbothered by this whole hacker business until this very moment. So not only can I not view my schedule from home, but I can no longer do the things I could do before!!?? Ah, stupid e-terrorists.

When did the password change thing occur? I didn't have to change mine when I fixed a punch a few days ago..?

I can't access ehr through target.com, though. Says you can only do it from a store

Screen%20Shot%202014-01-10%20at%208.06.50%20PM.png

Every TM must change their password by the 13th or your access will be locked out. First time in all my years that it has been an across the board password change for everyone. Typically its every 90 days from the last time you changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back