Archived KrebsOnSecurity Breaks Story on Target Data Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more pestering the guest about the RedCard? Positive survey scores going up in 3... 2.... 1....

Was told not to suggest the RedCard to guest, but if they approach you about signing up for one, to explain the benefits then. They're letting the signs do the talking.

Actually, an amusing thing, at the morning huddle they were pushing the RedCard telling us to tell the guest that NOW is the safest time to get one haha. Then at night huddle, NO DON'T DO IT.

Last edited:
No more pestering the guest about the RedCard? Positive survey scores going up in 3... 2.... 1....

Was told not to suggest the RedCard to guest, but if they approach you about signing up for one, to explain the benefits then. They're letting the signs do the talking.

Actually, an amusing thing, at the morning huddle they were pushing the RedCard telling us to tell the guest that NOW is the safest time to get one haha. Then at night huddle, NO DON'T DO IT.

Even if a guest asks, we have to tell them no. I kinda wondered if this was coming since they turned off the prompts.

They can't take them away forever...what else will they use to pull down our raises?

From a PR and marketing standpoint it makes sense. By not pushing the RedCard we are not reminding the guest that Spot was just in the news because of the breach and the gift card fiasco. It will improve survey scores because we aren't nagging them and tying up the line when someone applies. On the floor we can focus on taking care of the guests vs. selling to them. I have a feeling that the different answers that we are getting about whether we can have them apply is just from playing the "telephone game" with the memo. I'm sure that one of us is right and will have it resolved by morning.

My concern is the front end cashiers & their yearly red card scores, which is a big part of their annual review.

Well, not being able to process new applications (or having any prompts since before Christmas) means that the REDCard scores stay where they are for the time being. The thing that sort of sucks is that people will get out of the habit of asking. And when it's a habit, it's easier for us to have them ask than if they are no longer in that thought process. But, I think it's a small price to pay in order to not have to worry about it for a bit.

Had an attempted scam today from someone claiming they had one of the "unactivated" giftcards. Problem was that it was just an ordinary Target gift card - no QR code. They claimed it was "a gift" & had no idea where it was purchased. I called the 800 on the back, keyed in the card number & was able to get the transaction history on it. When I told them it was purchased (& spent) locally, I mentioned that the store where it was purchased from could look it up along with video of who spent it. The kid took the card & left without another word.

Yeah, that is going to happen a lot, I suspect. People on Spot's Facebook page claim the gift card problem extends to other gift cards as well and Spot isn't being forthcoming about the issue. Which, of course, means people don't understand the issue. *sigh* Times like this make me think I am too sober to work for Spot.

So I had to cancel my red debit card as recommended by my bank and I received a letter from my bank that my bank debit card is going to be deactivated soon and a new one sent with a whole new number. I went to pick up my husband's rx's today and wanted to use my bank debit card and was refused my team member 10% discount. Also my pharmacy rewards info was linked to my red card so now I have to put that in manually. When I made a regular purchase today I not only lost the 10% and the 5% because I no longer have a red card. I would think a team member discount should be available no matter how you spend your money and no matter what tender you use. So much for being a team member!!!!!!

I had those issues quite a few times I mean the QR codes it would said not activating but the smart cookie that I am just scanned it again and put in the amount. Yep I outsmarted the giftcard....... Yep spot yep spot don't thank me :nah: I " actually" knew what was going on.

Here is the latest from the other guy:
http://targetfiling.blogspot.com

lol who is that guy

Here is the latest from the other guy:
http://targetfiling.blogspot.com

lol who is that guy
Someone who got kicked out of Target....former TM maybe?
That guy got a hold of the ap policy for spot & posted it on the internet. Spot tried to closed him down, spot failed. His stuff is a good read.

Wow, he has a huge chip on his shoulder. I know Target has failed at some things but it isn't the only entity guilty of making mistakes. That guy's information might be helpful in ways but his attitude is so bad that I'm not sure I can read much of it. I prefer information presented with intelligence, reason, and a minimum of asshatery (can I use that term here? If not, ooops, sorry!). I'll try to go through his posts, though. Thanks, Hardlinesmaster.

Last edited:
Wow, he has a huge chip on his shoulder. I know Target has failed at some things but it isn't the only entity guilty of making mistakes. That guy's information might be helpful in ways but his attitude is so bad that I'm not sure I can read much of it. I prefer information presented with intelligence, reason, and a minimum of asshatery (can I use that term here? If not, ooops, sorry!). I'll try to go through his posts, though. Thanks, Hardlinesmaster.

Just read it with an open mind.

Yeah he certainly is a little extreme. He makes Target sound like Satan runs the company and the stores are staffed with Hitler clones. He is so out there with the hate that it ruins any legit things he brings to light. I think it started with a blender or something he could not return, some how that lead to years of obsessive ranting. Maybe he just needs a hobby or a date or something.

Yeah he certainly is a little extreme. He makes Target sound like Satan runs the company and the stores are staffed with Hitler clones. He is so out there with the hate that it ruins any legit things he brings to light. I think it started with a blender or something he could not return, some how that lead to years of obsessive ranting. Maybe he just needs a hobby or a date or something.

The weird thing is, the logo is from a very old blog and bulletin board called Target Sucks but the attitude of this guy is VERY different. The old blog was run by a pretty articulate dude who wrote well thought out posts regarding where he thought the company was moving and his bulletin board was fairly similar to this one as far as attitudes and the information available. The only thing that sticks out in my mind was that he was anti-union and would immediately delete any posts supporting one but he also had a comprehensive list of reasons stating why he didn't like them. He took down the board around 2005 or so because he was tired of running it.

This guy running targetfiling is so different in tone, I tend to think he just ripped off the logo and started his own blog.

That guy got a hold of the ap policy for spot & posted it on the internet. Spot tried to closed him down, spot failed. His stuff is a good read.

I personally have no problem with his posts, as long as, he keeps it here, within the TBR Forum (not promoting his personal web site) and that he can keep himself Civil. Seems though, that all he likes to do, is come in here, and promote his personal blog & agenda. Which, I might add, us promoting could leave the site owner in legal trouble, should he post more copyrighted content. He is a very intelligent man I believe, however, he brings a lot of negativity & hostility into his posts.

We've have asked him repeatedly to calm down, and be more civil. However, he blatantly disregards every attempt we ask of him. He has been perma-banned multiple times, and yet, he comes back, and goes right back to his old style of simply promoting his blog.

I'd also like to show you what he wrote on his blog.

yPYwLGG.png

Yet, he seems to forget, or cut out part of the "Ban Reason"...

Yf5Io2n.png

Hardlinesfour, I read that blog post this morning so thanks for the back story on that. He can say what he pleases, I guess, but rules are rules and you guys do what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back