Archived Ladderless Backroom???

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s long gone you have to my support any upc dpci issues it sucks for nop produce.
The response I usually get is some garbage answer of "no, the vendor fixed this UPC themselves 8 months ago". Uhhhh, then what am I supposed to do with the item I have in my hands right now, huh? I have 14 in-progress mysupports about NOF items that I would have loved to just take care of myself. Some of which are from the FEBRUARY beauty transition

The response I usually get is some garbage answer of "no, the vendor fixed this UPC themselves 8 months ago". Uhhhh, then what am I supposed to do with the item I have in my hands right now, huh? I have 14 in-progress mysupports about NOF items that I would have loved to just take care of myself. Some of which are from the FEBRUARY beauty transition
my compactor takes care of it very nicely and never talks back to me !!

my compactor takes care of it very nicely and never talks back to me !!

This, sadly, is the only viable option for most stores since MySupport is a waste of time, effort and resources. It is very rare that I am willing to call 701, and when I do, it usually results in nothing but wasted productivity and no results. I wonder how much money Target spends to have MySupport, because what ever it is, it's too much.

This, sadly, is the only viable option for most stores since MySupport is a waste of time, effort and resources. It is very rare that I am willing to call 701, and when I do, it usually results in nothing but wasted productivity and no results. I wonder how much money Target spends to have MySupport, because what ever it is, it's too much.
No shit. mySupport is usually “myJoke” when it comes to actual support. The only thing they seem to do decently is get me answers on why SAP items are not orderable, etc.

I get we need to get off these old systems, but you’d think they would want the stores to have some level of access to handle things like UPCs that won’t scan, major pricing issues, etc.

So, here's just a photo of our candy aisle (done today) and my electronics stockroom (completed early~2weeks ago). I'm in a B volume, 7 trucks/wk~16-2200 pieces. Certain aisles are struggling (dom,toys,bpls).

Can't upload other photo. Too large 4.85 mb.

Attachments

• 20190415_151332.jpg
    20190415_151332.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
So, here's just a photo of our candy aisle (done today) and my electronics stockroom (completed early~2weeks ago). I'm in a B volume, 7 trucks/wk~16-2200 pieces. Certain aisles are struggling (dom,toys,bpls).

Can't upload other photo. Too large 4.85 mb.
I'm jealous of how large that lockup aisle is for electronics. Also surprised that they're able to backstock product with the keepers still on and not run out of security devices.

I'm jealous of how large that lockup aisle is for electronics. Also surprised that they're able to backstock product with the keepers still on and not run out of security devices.
I have SAP access to order Merch Protection for the store, SFS, etc so it's easier and sometimes quicker for pushing. My MM1/MM2 is on the opposite side...gotta get the team to purge

I have SAP access to order Merch Protection for the store, SFS, etc so it's easier and sometimes quicker for pushing. My MM1/MM2 is on the opposite side...gotta get the team to purge
Fair enough. My store could probably manage leaving the keepers for that purpose, the only issue we were having was people forgetting to remove the keepers when doing IRs, and the increase in keepers coming back up from SFS

Fair enough. My store could probably manage leaving the keepers for that purpose, the only issue we were having was people forgetting to remove the keepers when doing IRs, and the increase in keepers coming back up from SFS

The Electronics/Tech stockroom at my store we have a section specially just for all the keepers and spider wraps we use and every shelf is labeled so they are easy to find and mange inventory of just in case any need to be ordered. I don’t have SAP access but I have all the Numbers for each so I can make a list then email it to our AP so they can order We’ve been complimented on how overly organized are stockroom is

The Electronics/Tech stockroom at my store we have a section specially just for all the keepers and spider wraps we use and every shelf is labeled so they are easy to find and mange inventory of just in case any need to be ordered. I don’t have SAP access but I have all the Numbers for each so I can make a list then email it to our AP so they can order We’ve been complimented on how overly organized are stockroom is
I had this kind of system set up about a year back, but then the decision was made to move cosmetics into the E/E stockroom on my day off, and they just shoved all of my supplies to random places in the stockroom to make space.

This isn’t new. Just a different term. The goal has always been keeping the stockroom low and pro.

This isn’t new. Just a different term. The goal has always been keeping the stockroom low and pro.
Low and pro yes but the idea of being forced to have only lower casepacks is new. The low and pro is to be as low as you can ladderless is forcing you

I received paperwork yesterday where they want the steel mostly emptied, and want all of plastics out of case packs. All of the backroom no more that 6 ft high and labeled with categories in each 4 ft section. What logistics brain thought of taking the plastics out of casepacks when we can sweep back any access product.

I received paperwork yesterday where they want the steel mostly emptied, and want all of plastics out of case packs. All of the backroom no more that 6 ft high and labeled with categories in each 4 ft section. What logistics brain thought of taking the plastics out of casepacks when we can sweep back any access product.

like in the main? waste of time to label each 4' section.

unless the label is "Toys," "Grocery 2" or "Home decor." which is now redundant - and still a waste of time since the aisle should be labeled as such.

Haha. Having fun with labeling every 4' --

Toys aisles labeled:

"toys that are overstocked and not selling"
"toys that no one wants"

Home Decor:
"Ugly lamps"
"cheap crap"

like in the main? waste of time to label each 4' section.

unless the label is "Toys," "Grocery 2" or "Home decor." which is now redundant - and still a waste of time since the aisle should be labeled as such.

Haha. Having fun with labeling every 4' --

Toys aisles labeled:

"toys that are overstocked and not selling"
"toys that no one wants"

Home Decor:
"Ugly lamps"
"cheap crap"

Can we leave a section in each aisle marked:

Shit the DBO couldn't be bothered to actually locate in the backroom?

Other labels:

"outdated groceries"
"shit smashed and damaged during delivery from the DC"
"Place to toss in reshop you are too lazy to work out or backstock"
"vendor crap that shouldn't be back here in the first place"
"casepacks that are opened and unlocated due to SFS picking"

And some stores can't even get a green BRLA. How are they going to label every 4' section, and have that label actually mean a damn thing?

Waste of time. that we don't have.

Haha. Like to see this work in Stationary. We are lucky to keep the floor full during peak BTS season. Ain't nobody got time for labeled sections in the BR.

Has anyone heard of this??? How can we possibly make this happen?
They told me they wanted a ladderless back room for my market dept. I worked the whole full 8 hours pulling all items from top and trying to fit it to lower shelves and . so much stuff expired and not located. most of it I can tell its from the seasonal crew by the date on the cases. They cancelled the truck today. So when we get a delivery it just might have to go on higher shelves. Sometimes they just send us way too many cases of 1 item. It does look nice and clean now hopefully we can keep it this way.

our district says over 6 feet is ok if floor is full and SFQ got updated. Log ETL went down by aisle and purged everything out then backstocked in lower levels

It's just bad business sense not to utilize all available space. Target paid for the vertical space when they purchased/leased the properties/buildings. Purposefully ignoring that space is literally just throwing money away, especially when it's already setup to be used - aisles already have upper shelves and ladders, it makes zero sense not to use them.

Hell, it makes less sense than selling steaks at The Sharper Image.
The idea isn’t to waste space it’s to encourage more productive work and know what you have. The stores going through this are fast at pulling by not having to use a ladder and are severely improving their inventory by sweeping (swading) unnecessary overstock. At the end of the day if you absolutely need that space you’re allowed to use it but chances are you don’t really need that space

They're also slower at backstocking and are forced to fit product into pre-defined sections, even if there isn't space for it. I don't see how that's efficient.

I'll also remind you that the ladderless initiative doesn't exist in a vacuum, that there's also an initiative to detrash all casepacks -- which would prevent you from being able to SWADD anything.

According to Modernization, I am the expert. Who else would know how best to organize my backroom aisles but me? Or how best to pull or backstock my product for my areas? The backroom is not like the salesfloor. I cannot put a capacity on the back and prevent excess product from coming back. The backroom is where excess goes, and stores have little to no control over how much excess product they receive. I have multiple mySupports going over OTL issues that date back to the beginning of June and have yet to be answered.

I'm sorry, but the entire concept behind a ladderless backroom is silly. If you want to push for efficiency, push for it at the source or enable experts in their areas to organize their own backroom areas in a way that benefits them. For example, I tend to get things that don't get set for a while. Instead of putting those things on the bottom shelves, I put them at the top. Why? Because I am not going to touch them for weeks. If I put them down low, I am only taking space away from product that I touch every single day. That's inefficient.
You have lower case pack locations and the swadd I was referring to was when you’re getting you’re aisles set up you sweep all that extra product that’s in your aisle that would probably sit there forever until someone pulls the aged report. I’m not saying this is a perfect idea but it definitely encourages good behavior and backroom processes. I don’t think ladderless should be forced no matter what and more to do your best at getting it super low. Also you seem to not agree with any changes ever but that’s the reality of retail. It’s a forger changing process and structure and at the end of the day it’s get on board or get out

You have lower case pack locations and the swadd I was referring to was when you’re getting you’re aisles set up you sweep all that extra product that’s in your aisle that would probably sit there forever until someone pulls the aged report. I’m not saying this is a perfect idea but it definitely encourages good behavior and backroom processes. I don’t think ladderless should be forced no matter what and more to do your best at getting it super low. Also you seem to not agree with any changes ever but that’s the reality of retail. It’s a forger changing process and structure and at the end of the day it’s get on board or get out

IF SWADD let's you sweep it back. But hey, it all looks good on paper. 😁

IF SWADD let's you sweep it back. But hey, it all looks good on paper. 😁
It’s super easy for your SD to request a manual sweep based of store needs. Mine just did it last week by calling a contact of his. You could also mysupoort the DPCIs you want to send back and they will turn of filters for those items to allow to you send them back. We even did a manual sweep with C+S last month to send back a bunch of extra chocolate. Anything is possible with leadership that’s willing to help out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back