Archived Ladderless Backroom???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s super easy for your SD to request a manual sweep based of store needs. Mine just did it last week by calling a contact of his. You could also mysupoort the DPCIs you want to send back and they will turn of filters for those items to allow to you send them back. We even did a manual sweep with C+S last month to send back a bunch of extra chocolate. Anything is possible with leadership that’s willing to help out
You mean exceptional sweep

Working on this with the folded/basic aisle of A&A in our backroom... low volume. We're pulling out all shorts and tanks and finding a way to get them out on the floor and moving down all product that's still active. I find I can do the whole "ladderless" idea with folded product but it's a "no go" on basics for any dept. Men's alone gets drowned in basics at my store and these stupid men's character socks on that VML T-frame... egads... it's like they sent 2 million of them or something. -_-

They're also slower at backstocking and are forced to fit product into pre-defined sections, even if there isn't space for it. I don't see how that's efficient.

I'll also remind you that the ladderless initiative doesn't exist in a vacuum, that there's also an initiative to detrash all casepacks -- which would prevent you from being able to SWADD anything.

According to Modernization, I am the expert. Who else would know how best to organize my backroom aisles but me? Or how best to pull or backstock my product for my areas? The backroom is not like the salesfloor. I cannot put a capacity on the back and prevent excess product from coming back. The backroom is where excess goes, and stores have little to no control over how much excess product they receive. I have multiple mySupports going over OTL issues that date back to the beginning of June and have yet to be answered.

I'm sorry, but the entire concept behind a ladderless backroom is silly. If you want to push for efficiency, push for it at the source or enable experts in their areas to organize their own backroom areas in a way that benefits them. For example, I tend to get things that don't get set for a while. Instead of putting those things on the bottom shelves, I put them at the top. Why? Because I am not going to touch them for weeks. If I put them down low, I am only taking space away from product that I touch every single day. That's inefficient.
Then that’s you being able to speak to your decisions and knowing what you have in the backroom/ when you’ll need what’s up high- which is amazing. Any ETL/STL whoever would be crazy to have a problem with that

I told my TMs if they backstock in my aisle in the back to detrash. Less than 5 days later I find plastic covered shit in the first few panels of wacos. Told my TL I want to ACTUALLY own my area and that if there is backstock in my area done incorrectly there should be SOMEONE accountable. They agreed but nothing has been done. Sick of my backroom aisle looking a mess. I had such pride in it when got to do my audit on it two months ago. Now it's a mess that looks nothing like I left it. What the hell can I even do about that? Nothing except wait for my ETL to allow me to audit and clean it up because I never get time allotted to do so. btw I used to be a backroom TM so I know what the fuck I'm doing. I'm super disappointed at my perfect backroom aisle. It was so damn clean I wish I took pics. Now I got shit sticking out halfway down the aisle, similar items in wacos, errors galore and shit up top that is way too heavy for me to bring down on the ladder so I either need help or need to drop it which I hate to do.

That would never happen at my store. We have a shit ton of crap every where and people just suck at back stocking. They pile shit in one bin and make it impossible to find the item your pulling.

That would never happen at my store. We have a shit ton of crap every where and people just suck at back stocking. They pile shit in one bin and make it impossible to find the item your pulling.
if it's an EVERYDAY thing for you you need to talk to your TL, then ETL and then STL. I'm currently on the verge of sitting down with my STL but almost everything I ever bring them gets put onto my ETL which I already talked to and has already ignored my requests. At that point I don't even know if the hotline is appropriate. We know better than some TL's because they often don't work certain departments ever and assume it's similar to pushing another department. It's not always the case and when we stress we need help or we can't get it done we get looked at like we have no integrity. Bullshit I show up everyday and do my job the most efficient way possible and follow every rule. Lol I get talked to about talking to a fellow teammate showing them how to do something like damn, bro...they were just hired last month...they need help sometimes. I'm not shooting the shit over here. Sigh edit: teammate team member whats the diff its a damn TEAM STILL AND I BELIEVE IN IT.

I’m on the same boat as you are! Just the new etls suck at my store iv been there for 10yrs doing my job as fast as I can but I can’t please the new etls because they think they are the ceo of target if I’m so bad at my job good luck finding people that actually show up to work and do the job but I have this etl after me trying to get me to put my 2 weeks in and guess what I won’t that’s total bull shit from a new etl! They suck at their job my old etl could run multiple departments and do double the work or even triple the work and they can’t even run one! They think they can get all the old team members to quit that actually are doing their jobs but they will never find people like them! Weekends and holidays my store is going down the drain!

back in the day if this was an issue I'd just locu the whole waco and dump it in the vehicle for salesfloor to push because I KNOW our backroom team didn't do that shit...now I hesitate to do that since I most likely will be the one having to push it....was asked to pull toys the other day and there was a box of hotwheels backstocked even though our hotwheels aisle is never full. Some jackass didn't wanna open it up and hang all 40+ hotwheels in the box so they backstock it and hope someone else has to do it. I literally pulled it and left it in their aisle unlocated so not only is their hot wheels aisle on the floor low but they now have an error in their case stock location...fuck that guy, puts shit off on people all the time and I'm SURE it's him. Now he will get talked to about not pushing everything AND having errors probably. Honestly not a fan of doing that type of shit but it seems to always happen with the toys guy. Anything over 30+ count in the box that needs to be hanged he basically just backstocks. Keeps coming out on autos so it's not provable but it seems obvious.

I find I can do the whole "ladderless" idea with folded product but it's a "no go" on basics for any dept. Men's alone gets drowned in basics at my store and these stupid men's character socks on that VML T-frame... egads... it's like they sent 2 million of them or something. -_-
When I was working men's backstock was so squished that I would have 4-5 wacos full of a single dpci of underwear. And not just one dpci, most of every men's dpci was that plentiful. So it filled the entire aisle to above head level nearly all the time.

Right before I left, when softlines owned part of the backroom, adding the folded items in made it worse. In the old days there were hardly any folded items. Earlier this year there was so much folded stuff that wacos were over full, the sides bulging out and only being held in check by the bulging out sides of the wacos on each side. Despite dedicated sections for basics and dedicated sections for folded, there was invariably so much of one that it spilled into the other. And there was enough of both that backstocking meant going high up on the ladder as everything was filled all the way up to the top 3 or 4 shelves.

(On an unrelated note, hanging was just as bad, the aisles were ridiculously compressed, up in the steel going halfway down the backroom was full, and we'd have a few z racks stuffed full of backstock. The racks on the sales floor were full enough for hangers to touch, sometimes tightly and unless someone was anal retentive and backstocked the stacks of folded would get too high. I have never understood why we were receiving so much stuff.)

This seems to be the issue company wide. My GVP announced this week every store in his group has to come up with a plan to purge their entire backroom and update SFQ as they do it. In his mind anything that you have a lot of out back stems from an OH or SFQ variance. My DTL is making us update every single SFQ as well so make pulls more efficient.
I update SFQ consistently. I am getting 4-5 cases of unneeded mirrors and pallets of unneeded RE furniture on every single truck. SFQ does not seem to matter at all. I have no idea how to merchandise or backstock any of this sh*t anymore. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

I update SFQ consistently. I am getting 4-5 cases of unneeded mirrors and pallets of unneeded RE furniture on every single truck. SFQ does not seem to matter at all. I have no idea how to merchandise or backstock any of this sh*t anymore. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!
SFQ won’t control your replenishment. Find out why they’re sending it. Is it’s BTC? Are you OH wrong? Check inventory application and see what your OTL is for the item.

SFQ won’t control your replenishment. Find out why they’re sending it. Is it’s BTC? Are you OH wrong? Check inventory application and see what your OTL is for the item.
Been on it for several days. OH are correct. It is BTC, but also carry forward. Our designation has changed levels, but OTL is off. Trying to get it corrected. Can't sweep anything back, either. Thanks.

Been on it for several days. OH are correct. It is BTC, but also carry forward. Our designation has changed levels, but OTL is off. Trying to get it corrected. Can't sweep anything back, either. Thanks.
You’re going to get it for BTC. Every store gets bombarded. We have 5 pallets of mirrors right now and 8 pallets of hangers. Luckily we can sweep them back when BTC is over

As a SD, I find it interesting to read these comments. Ladderless is possible - as all stores in my district have achieved this. When I started at my store in February we had product literally stacked to the ceiling in every backroom aisle. Through consistent behaviors of fixing bad data most of that freight went out to the floor. We used a combination of SFQ corrections and purging to get product out. Sure, there will be some items that are bulky or big that need to be put up.. however the point is to be low and pro everywhere possible. This leads to a huge efficiency increase and makes the DBO's job that much easier.

R300

Those ladders aren't safe, and this is coming from a guy who climbed trees for a living. The way there is no training, no fall arrest PPE... I'm amazed something terrible hasn't already happened. Other than a 3-foot ladder... there should be NO ladders in the BR. trees 026.jpg

As a SD, I find it interesting to read these comments. Ladderless is possible - as all stores in my district have achieved this. When I started at my store in February we had product literally stacked to the ceiling in every backroom aisle. Through consistent behaviors of fixing bad data most of that freight went out to the floor. We used a combination of SFQ corrections and purging to get product out. Sure, there will be some items that are bulky or big that need to be put up.. however the point is to be low and pro everywhere possible. This leads to a huge efficiency increase and makes the DBO's job that much easier.

R300

Sure, but are you truly ladderless if items still need to go up? I appreciate your insight, though.

Those ladders aren't safe, and this is coming from a guy who climbed trees for a living. The way there is no training, no fall arrest PPE... I'm amazed something terrible hasn't already happened. Other than a 3-foot ladder... there should be NO ladders in the BR.View attachment 8472

It's happened in PNW, we got a talking to that someone was killed and don't be stupid on the ladder. That was about it, and what sucked it was a store not far from mine.

When I worked offshore if you weren't harnessed up and lanyarded in above 4 feet, you were fired on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back