Archived Last Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does the last day work? I've been told you don't clock in, but is there anything after that? Do you just leave after your shift is over and your last check is mailed to you? I'm pretty sure my HR won't communicate this with me since there is so much miscommunication at my store. They really didn't say anything when I put in my 2 weeks.

Here is what I was told for the final paycheck -- it won't come with the rest of the paychecks; it comes earlier. So let's say your final day is this Friday the 29th your store will get your final paycheck sometime early the next week (like Monday August 1st or shortly after). The store will then mail you your paycheck so made sure your address is correct. If you want to pick it up just make that clear to HR and double check that is okay with them. I'd also suggest calling a few days after your final day to either remind them to hold onto the check or mail it out immediately. Our HR gets verbally told a lot of things by a lot of TM so I think a friendly reminder would actually be appreciated at my store.

As using the time clock -- I wasn't told anything about not clocking in on my last day (which is coming up shortly) so I guess I'll see if I can punch in that day.

I don't know who told you not to clock in but WTF?
If you work you clock in NMW.
When you get off you turn in your keys, if your carry any, make sure you clock out and yes, the check is mailed to you.
There is also a voluntary termination form that HR gives you.

!!ASANTS!!

I repeat, ASANTS. And this time, I mean All States Are Not the Same.

If you live in California, and possibly one or two other weird states with such a law on the books, HR is required to hand you your last check *on* your last day at the end of your shift. I live in CA and my final check was given in cash from the register (mostly 20s and 10s since the cash office doesn't have hundreds on hand to loan the register). I did not clock in or out on my last day as I was already keyed in for my final shift and that money was a part of the cash payout. Because I didn't have to clock in or out, I was a bad boy and took an extra 15 mins for my lunch. I know, a real dastardly thing.

Anyway, if you don't live in CA, you'll likely get paid the boring way: waiting for the check in the mail, and still clocking in/out, so no extra time on that lunch. :(

Your last check will be issued with the normal payroll. Now if you have any vacation pay out coming that would be in s different check and will be mailed to you. You still clock in and out unless your hr team keyed your last shift in which sometimes they do. Other then that when your shift is done give your name badge and discount card to and Etl and enjoy the fact your no longer a slave to spot

!!ASANTS!!

I repeat, ASANTS. And this time, I mean All States Are Not the Same.

If you live in California, and possibly one or two other weird states with such a law on the books, HR is required to hand you your last check *on* your last day at the end of your shift. I live in CA and my final check was given in cash from the register (mostly 20s and 10s since the cash office doesn't have hundreds on hand to loan the register). I did not clock in or out on my last day as I was already keyed in for my final shift and that money was a part of the cash payout. Because I didn't have to clock in or out, I was a bad boy and took an extra 15 mins for my lunch. I know, a real dastardly thing.

Anyway, if you don't live in CA, you'll likely get paid the boring way: waiting for the check in the mail, and still clocking in/out, so no extra time on that lunch. :(

Whoops, sorry about that.
Didn't know about CA.
That is weird.

I'll step away now.

Whoops, sorry about that.
Didn't know about CA.
That is weird.

I'll step away now.

Don't worry I didn't either and I grew up there and worked many a job there.. 20 working years, never been paid out in cash on my last day. I have been paid in cash cause of bank screw up but never as a final check. Law could have changed in the last ten years or so..

Yeah I live in CA, so pretty much I don't clock in on my last day, then like 15 or 30 minutes before the end of my shift I turn in my discount card & name tag and then collect my check? Sounds easy enough, thanks guys.

I still don't get why you would not clock in and out on your last day. Not even filling out a punch correction form or signing some thing? Target (and you) would have no official documentation that you actually worked those hours. I would check with your ETL-HR or the HRTM just to be sure.

I still don't get why you would not clock in and out on your last day. Not even filling out a punch correction form or signing some thing? Target (and you) would have no official documentation that you actually worked those hours. I would check with your ETL-HR or the HRTM just to be sure.

Cause your check has already been cut so they already keyed your punches. And you are on film walking in and doing your job on the floor.

Cause your check has already been cut so they already keyed your punches. And you are on film walking in and doing your job on the floor.
Nh is the same. We calculate your payout based on the scheduled shift. They ride your ass about being on time and leaving on time because they can't change the amount at that point.

It's awkward when they fire etls/srtls because they don't usually have enough cash for people making over twenty bucks an hour plus vacation payout.

ASANTS.

I've seen team members who have been told not to clock in on their last day because HR is supposed to key your termination either on your last day or the day after. So if your last day is a friday or Saturday and no one in HR is there on the weekend, it'll need to be keyed before your shift is over and it won't recognize your numbers.

I think HR pre-keys it so (as others have said) you just have to stick to your scheduled time.

I don't know. My last day according to my voluntary term was a Monday. My last day scheduled was the Thursday before that. Then I was called in on the Saturday in between those days. The LOD was able to ok me on the time clock so that I could punch in and I was able to use my discount when my shift was done. Should hr have removed me from the system after the last shift that I worked?

We have tms using their discounts for weeks after their last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back