Archived Latest rumor at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard we are taking a truck on Black Friday! How the hell is that going to work?!
There will be the night before truck with all the door buster sales. Then Thanksgiving morning, shift of Flow will help with Black Thanksgiving opening. Then they come back 8 hours later to do another truck.

At my store, the current rumor is that we're going to open at 7am on October 26th and stay open through Black Friday. Yes, I said October. No, this is not an actual rumor.

Imma spread this rumor.

Nah but I am spreading the 6pm rumor.

I just hope we open late enough on thursday that I can work a 12-15 hour shift and be done and have friday, saturday, and sunday off. Worked great last year! I worked 6-pm-7am, slept until 12pm and got up and watched football. It was fantastic.

I really hope this isn't true. everyone at my store has families and every year we all shoot the shit on what were all doing on turkey day. an 8 am open on thanksgiving, there would be a full blown revolution and mutiny. course this doesn't concern corp because the idea of them spending thanksgiving in the office is nothing short of sacrilege

I really hope this isn't true. everyone at my store has families and every year we all shoot the shit on what were all doing on turkey day. an 8 am open on thanksgiving, there would be a full blown revolution and mutiny. course this doesn't concern corp because the idea of them spending thanksgiving in the office is nothing short of sacrilege

Corporate will be living it up, being with their families, eating a good meal and watching all the football games and having a good day off......

Hi- several team members have posted links to guides ( like softlines, phone, fitting room) - but whenever I click on them I get an error. When I search for them, it just brings up the individual posts on threads- any ideas? Thx

Was at huddle today and word from our HR is that they are currently anticipating an 8pm opening. I don't buy that for a second and I think that's just them saving face (since if they're smart, they know we won't buy us opening at only 9pm like last year). With the Macy's news, that pretty much seals my belief of a 6pm start (which I think we'll be lucky if it's not earlier than that).

Was at huddle today and word from our HR is that they are currently anticipating an 8pm opening. I don't buy that for a second and I think that's just them saving face (since if they're smart, they know we won't buy us opening at only 9pm like last year). With the Macy's news, that pretty much seals my belief of a 6pm start (which I think we'll be lucky if it's not earlier than that).
honestly im thinking 7 though I hope im wrong

Hi- several team members have posted links to guides ( like softlines, phone, fitting room) - but whenever I click on them I get an error. When I search for them, it just brings up the individual posts on threads- any ideas? Thx

When using the search bar, hit the checkbox for "Search titles only" and uncheck "Search this forum only." Another option is to navigate to the Guides section from the homepage.

I would also suggest the wiki, but there is currently an issue that prevents new users from accessing it. Our admin is working on getting it fixed.

If we have to be there on Thanksgiving day, then corporate needs to be in their offices working on Thanksgiving day. If we have to give up our holiday, then there is no reason they can't do the same.

I don't remember if our store was opened until midnight on Christmas Eve last year....but the possibility remains that some people may be working late enough on Christmas Eve that they may see Santa Claus delivering toys!

My store was open until midnight last year and I got the closing shift because I made it clear I wasn't a Christmas person and it was actually really restful for those who don't have families to get home to--people have definitely given up hope of getting anything decent as gifts so you can unload almost anything onto them and most people are just picking up emergency baking goods. Otherwise you pretty much celebrate the tail end of the holiday madness and try to start fixing your store.

For the Black Friday thing--my current store is anticipating a 6pm-ish open but the store I may be going to told me for availability to just "have Thanksgiving open" so we'll see about that. I don't mind working it cause money is money but I object on a personal level that America has so few holidays guaranteed and corporate is just going to shit all over that. Especially since this is a family-oriented holiday...it feels more personal.

I bet if Spot wants competition he will open up at 5. I mean I am not for sure saying that'll happen but 6 PM for Macy's Spot could say let's open up at 5 or he could just say heck we will open up at 7.

So last year was 8pm right? This year will probably be 5 or 6pm. I say let's just have the store opened all day. No point of even closing the store. Bring it on is all I have to say. Hurry up and get here so we can get it over with and be done with the muh muh muh muh muh mad mad madness.

Muse:p

Go to main page & look under guide forum. Make sure you are logged in.

I don't remember if our store was opened until midnight on Christmas Eve last year....but the possibility remains that some people may be working late enough on Christmas Eve that they may see Santa Claus delivering toys!

My store was open until midnight last year and I got the closing shift because I made it clear I wasn't a Christmas person and it was actually really restful for those who don't have families to get home to--people have definitely given up hope of getting anything decent as gifts so you can unload almost anything onto them and most people are just picking up emergency baking goods. Otherwise you pretty much celebrate the tail end of the holiday madness and try to start fixing your store.

For the Black Friday thing--my current store is anticipating a 6pm-ish open but the store I may be going to told me for availability to just "have Thanksgiving open" so we'll see about that. I don't mind working it cause money is money but I object on a personal level that America has so few holidays guaranteed and corporate is just going to shit all over that. Especially since this is a family-oriented holiday...it feels more personal.

What store do you work at? Every time ive closed on Xmas eve we have a HUGE line at closing and angry guests

My ETL-HR said 2 PM at the absolute earliest according to group lead. Though I wouldn't necessarily mind being open all day Thanksgiving.

I believe that Kmart has already said that they will be open all day for Thanksgiving.

Maybe, just maybe...if we hope and pray.....we will be open on Thanksgiving......and then closed for the rest of the weekend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back