Archived Latest rumor at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
But....Target gives its employees an extra dollar per hour when working on Blackfriday! That's like...an extra 8 bucks!

8 bucks?

What company do you work for that only gives 8 hour shifts that day? More like an extra 10-14 bucks :/

I think the only way to get a 8 hour shift might be to give the STL or ETL-HR cunnilingus.

to the TM above who said they would be speding 7-8 hours sweeping the backroom. No you won't I'll have you 7-8 hours backstocking my freezer and when you finish that I'll have you backstock my dairy. I have 14 metros, 2 tubs, 1 flat of backstock in there right now on top of 2 full pallets of truck push from 1 day ago and another truck coming in about 17 hours. So, there will be plenty to backstock in the freezer on black friday !! NO sweeping for those lazy TMs through them into the freezer.

So its confirmed we are opening at 6 p.m. news from my stl today
god damn it.
I knew it was coming but I wanted to think that Target had a sliver of compassion for its team, slap slap slap bad Target. ah well I know whos not getting any sleep that weekend. course I think wally world has monster on sale this week, 'scuse me while I go check

I was asked today if I would be available to come in at either 3 or 4PM Thursday and stay until 230AM. Will be a long day that's for sure.

3PM????? O_O

spit-take.gif
THREE! fuck that nonsense I'm having dinner at that point screw them

I wish I was a minor LOL Am I correct minors can't work past 10 PM ( even if it is a non school day) I do not know the labor laws LOL
Yes, when I was a minor that was the rule, however it's a lot more complicated than that and falls upon your state laws + your store policy. My store was extremely strict about it, also minors never work holidays for the most part, at least my co-minor and I didn't. Those days are long over now :(

Our state is 9:30 for minors. Sometimes they announce it on the walkies - All Minor TM's must punch out now.

Opening at 6pm....will we be staying open thru midnite on Friday?

to the TM above who said they would be speding 7-8 hours sweeping the backroom. No you won't I'll have you 7-8 hours backstocking my freezer and when you finish that I'll have you backstock my dairy. I have 14 metros, 2 tubs, 1 flat of backstock in there right now on top of 2 full pallets of truck push from 1 day ago and another truck coming in about 17 hours. So, there will be plenty to backstock in the freezer on black friday !! NO sweeping for those lazy TMs through them into the freezer.

LOL damn, no thanks... we get our Pfresh backstocked every day, unless there's some emergency.

We'll have plenty of stuff to backstock, but the team is so large that it tends to get done quickly, then we're left to do all the fun extra stuff we never have time to do any other day during 4th quarter.

Is Target the only retail chain that holds as long as possible on announcing the start time for black Friday? It's like this every year. And you wonder why WalMart and Costco beat Target's ass.

Ive been with Target now for 7 years. I dont think I can keep doing this anymore. Just put in three applications elsewhere with availability starting the Sunday of black Thursday.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back