Archived Lead Gave Me the Wrong Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m new to Target and today I was scheduled for cashier from 2-4:30 and then hardlines from 4:45-10. So worried I’d time manage correctly I asked the Lead at front end immediately after arriving for my shift if I was meant to clock out at 4:30 and clock back in at 4:45. He answers “Yeah, clock out and clock back in.” He never comes to me for a 15 minute break which he normally would because he manages when we go...so at 4:30 I do as I was told and clock out, BUT when I clock back in it says LATE so I get someone’s help to fix the punch and find out that Lead is new too. Now I’m worried it will say I was late in the system when in reality I was 5 minutes early today. Also when I clocked out at 10 it said 0.00 hours worked....so I’m stressing a little bit. Lesson learned not to ask that Lead questions.

It always says 0.00 on your first shift of the week worked. After my shift today, it said that as well. It should be fine. At my store since it was such a small timeframe between shifts, they would have let us stay clocked in.

If you’re still worried though, you can look at the kronos mobile app and check your timecard there, but it should be fine.

In the past, I was always told that the system should be catching those small gaps and not allow them to happen. Though that was back when MAX was still around, LOL! But realalistaclly you should have just stayed clocked in, and either gone to break or stayed on a lane as you were being scheduled out of the front end hours. Don’t hold anything against your team lead either, this is a learning opportunity for the both of you! Just double check with somebody else if something doesn’t sound right.

In the past, I was always told that the system should be catching those small gaps and not allow them to happen. Though that was back when MAX was still around, LOL! But realalistaclly you should have just stayed clocked in, and either gone to break or stayed on a lane as you were being scheduled out of the front end hours. Don’t hold anything against your team lead either, this is a learning opportunity for the both of you! Just double check with somebody else if something doesn’t sound right.
You’re right, I know he’s still learning to so I don’t blame him. From what I understand the 15 minutes in between was supposed to be my break. I was just worried I’d get backlash from doing the punch wrong. I’m just a frantic newbie trying not to make mistakes, lol.

You’re right, I know he’s still learning to so I don’t blame him. From what I understand the 15 minutes in between was supposed to be my break. I was just worried I’d get backlash from doing the punch wrong. I’m just a frantic newbie trying not to make mistakes, lol.
In my state breaks you get pay for your break. Is it the same in your state?

If the lead wasn't sure about his answer, he should have said so instead of giving incorrect info.

So I’m new to Target and today I was scheduled for cashier from 2-4:30 and then hardlines from 4:45-10. So worried I’d time manage correctly I asked the Lead at front end immediately after arriving for my shift if I was meant to clock out at 4:30 and clock back in at 4:45. He answers “Yeah, clock out and clock back in.” He never comes to me for a 15 minute break which he normally would because he manages when we go...so at 4:30 I do as I was told and clock out, BUT when I clock back in it says LATE so I get someone’s help to fix the punch and find out that Lead is new too. Now I’m worried it will say I was late in the system when in reality I was 5 minutes early today. Also when I clocked out at 10 it said 0.00 hours worked....so I’m stressing a little bit. Lesson learned not to ask that Lead questions.
This is just a punch correction. Nothing to worry about.
What you should have been told was to change your work center at 445; not to punch out and back in.

Or the 15 minute gap was to be your lunch period but it was edited incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back