Lead pay bump

Those HR skills would earn you another $3-5/hr elsewhere. So when you've had enough of being underpaid take your skills elsewhere!
Actually leaving target to do hr elsewhere would find them unqualified. Target uses their own created systems. Most other companies use an hr system created elsewhere. I had an etl friend in hr for 20 years that had to go to community college hr classes to learn those systems most companies use. No one would hire her without it.

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
Actually leaving target to do hr elsewhere would find them unqualified. Target uses their own created systems. Most other companies use an hr system created elsewhere. I had an etl friend in hr for 20 years that had to go to community college hr classes to learn those systems most companies use. No one would hire her without it.
Surprising! Our HR TM that left less than a year ago had an easy time finding a job.

So are any of you HRTMs paid above the $13 an hour mark? I've been a clerical for a year and a half and am only at the $13. Seems very unfair that I have all the responsibilities that I do, and make the same as the cart attendant. WTF.
I felt a lot of immediate conflicting feelings when I read this. Was I outraged? Sure. Was I empathetic. Absolutely. Was I apathetic? Lol do I even need to answer.

You’ve been in role for a year and a half and that’s awesome. I’m sure you’ve learned a lot about your role and feel confident in it. But I can tell you there is always more to learn, and while confidence is a good thing getting comfortable isn’t. After reading the Workday Phase 2 guides our roles are being flipped sideways. I was talking to my ETL about it earlier and we’re moving from a Soecialty role to very much a support role. We’re about to be pushed sideways of the Team and disengaged from their operations on a whole new level.

But back to those feels I mentioned at the beginning.. After helping train half of the district and being the usual call/email from other stores about how to perform a task the one thing I have never felt was the bitterness you seem to feel. It’s almost amusing when I take a call or have to email a link to a SD for something. It brings me utter joy. I think the only person who laughed more about a SD FaceTiming me was my SD when he saw us and heard the conversation 😜

busyzoningtoys

Closing Lead
It's pretty simple. A became E, B became F, etc. The key is that realistically they deleted PG45 and renamed PG40 to 45.
Except that’s not the case. We were C and became E. A lot of other structures suddenly became E.

Xanatos

Starbucks TL
Except that’s not the case. We were C and became E. A lot of other structures suddenly became E.
Oh I missed that part, sorry. I was mostly just explaining that the charts make perfect sense. I didn’t realize what you were saying. So at your store, PG40 used to be 4.75 above base, and now PG45 is only 4.00 above base? That sucks, I can see why that’s going to be a big issue.

Surprising! Our HR TM that left less than a year ago had an easy time finding a job.
They got lucky. I had the same experience trying to leave Target for an entry level position elsewhere; no one considered Target experience, and with Target's software, to be desirable. There was a strong bias against how Target hires people without education or experience for the positions, which is understandable, but that translated to them not caring about my years of experience in the field, which sucked and frankly didn't make that much sense.

Basically, I spent a good amount of time with Target, in a large variety of roles that I became not only proficient at, but a district leader and resource in, and it's like I'm straight out of school in the eyes of prospective employers.

They got lucky. I had the same experience trying to leave Target for an entry level position elsewhere; no one considered Target experience, and with Target's software, to be desirable. There was a strong bias against how Target hires people without education or experience for the positions, which is understandable, but that translated to them not caring about my years of experience in the field, which sucked and frankly didn't make that much sense.

Basically, I spent a good amount of time with Target, in a large variety of roles that I became not only proficient at, but a district leader and resource in, and it's like I'm straight out of school in the eyes of prospective employers.
HRTM is one of the few positions that lends itself to good experience on a resume. Almost every business out there needs an office manager or someone who can keep things organized. Having a bullshit detector for phone screens is a great skill. Literally no office will care that you can stock product, but being able to administrative stuff in order is hugely important to any legitimate business.

HRTM is one of the few positions that lends itself to good experience on a resume. Almost every business out there needs an office manager or someone who can keep things organized. Having a bullshit detector for phone screens is a great skill. Literally no office will care that you can stock product, but being able to administrative stuff in order is hugely important to any legitimate business.
I'm sure it's different in different markets, but I found myself consistently blocked by not knowing any of the common software programs other companies used, and in lieu of that, not having a specific degree. I had a couple of interviews that still stick with me where I was almost laughed out of the office explaining my Target-based skillset to them.
Ended up staying at Target way too long because I didn't want to take a huge step down in pay to start up the administrative ladder, that likely would have been a dead end, too.