Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are any of you HRTMs paid above the $13 an hour mark? I've been a clerical for a year and a half and am only at the $13. Seems very unfair that I have all the responsibilities that I do, and make the same as the cart attendant. WTF.
I felt a lot of immediate conflicting feelings when I read this. Was I outraged? Sure. Was I empathetic. Absolutely. Was I apathetic? Lol do I even need to answer.

You’ve been in role for a year and a half and that’s awesome. I’m sure you’ve learned a lot about your role and feel confident in it. But I can tell you there is always more to learn, and while confidence is a good thing getting comfortable isn’t. After reading the Workday Phase 2 guides our roles are being flipped sideways. I was talking to my ETL about it earlier and we’re moving from a Soecialty role to very much a support role. We’re about to be pushed sideways of the Team and disengaged from their operations on a whole new level.

But back to those feels I mentioned at the beginning.. After helping train half of the district and being the usual call/email from other stores about how to perform a task the one thing I have never felt was the bitterness you seem to feel. It’s almost amusing when I take a call or have to email a link to a SD for something. It brings me utter joy. I think the only person who laughed more about a SD FaceTiming me was my SD when he saw us and heard the conversation 😜

It's pretty simple. A became E, B became F, etc. The key is that realistically they deleted PG45 and renamed PG40 to 45.
Except that’s not the case. We were C and became E. A lot of other structures suddenly became E.

Except that’s not the case. We were C and became E. A lot of other structures suddenly became E.
Oh I missed that part, sorry. I was mostly just explaining that the charts make perfect sense. I didn’t realize what you were saying. So at your store, PG40 used to be 4.75 above base, and now PG45 is only 4.00 above base? That sucks, I can see why that’s going to be a big issue.

Surprising! Our HR TM that left less than a year ago had an easy time finding a job.

They got lucky. I had the same experience trying to leave Target for an entry level position elsewhere; no one considered Target experience, and with Target's software, to be desirable. There was a strong bias against how Target hires people without education or experience for the positions, which is understandable, but that translated to them not caring about my years of experience in the field, which sucked and frankly didn't make that much sense.

Basically, I spent a good amount of time with Target, in a large variety of roles that I became not only proficient at, but a district leader and resource in, and it's like I'm straight out of school in the eyes of prospective employers.

They got lucky. I had the same experience trying to leave Target for an entry level position elsewhere; no one considered Target experience, and with Target's software, to be desirable. There was a strong bias against how Target hires people without education or experience for the positions, which is understandable, but that translated to them not caring about my years of experience in the field, which sucked and frankly didn't make that much sense.

Basically, I spent a good amount of time with Target, in a large variety of roles that I became not only proficient at, but a district leader and resource in, and it's like I'm straight out of school in the eyes of prospective employers.

HRTM is one of the few positions that lends itself to good experience on a resume. Almost every business out there needs an office manager or someone who can keep things organized. Having a bullshit detector for phone screens is a great skill. Literally no office will care that you can stock product, but being able to administrative stuff in order is hugely important to any legitimate business.

HRTM is one of the few positions that lends itself to good experience on a resume. Almost every business out there needs an office manager or someone who can keep things organized. Having a bullshit detector for phone screens is a great skill. Literally no office will care that you can stock product, but being able to administrative stuff in order is hugely important to any legitimate business.

I'm sure it's different in different markets, but I found myself consistently blocked by not knowing any of the common software programs other companies used, and in lieu of that, not having a specific degree. I had a couple of interviews that still stick with me where I was almost laughed out of the office explaining my Target-based skillset to them.
Ended up staying at Target way too long because I didn't want to take a huge step down in pay to start up the administrative ladder, that likely would have been a dead end, too.

So are any of you HRTMs paid above the $13 an hour mark? I've been a clerical for a year and a half and am only at the $13. Seems very unfair that I have all the responsibilities that I do, and make the same as the cart attendant. WTF.
If you don’t feel like you’re being compensated and cart attendant make more than they should, why don’t you just switch to cart attendant? Sure you have access to things but HRTM is the most cushy job in the store. You sit at a desk all day, do the occasional orientation and chase TMs to sign punch corrections. Oh yeah and clean out the break room fridge. I agree it is unfair cart attendants should make more.

HR Expert is the most cushy job in the store. You sit at a desk all day, do the occasional orientation and chase TMs to sign punch corrections. Oh yeah and clean out the break room fridge.
If that’s all I did I would be thrilled. 😂 I have gone out and got carts plenty of times before, it isn’t a lot of fun unless the weather is perfect (and in the Midwest it never is). Every job has its reasons for needing combat pay. Sitting at a desk all day isn’t exempt from that.

Whenever I do sense myself getting frustrated I just remind myself everyone who makes more or as much as me isn’t actually taking away from what I make. Sometimes over and over and over.. I’ve found wine helps at the end of the day!

If that’s all I did I would be thrilled. 😂 I have gone out and got carts plenty of times before, it isn’t a lot of fun unless the weather is perfect (and in the Midwest it never is). Every job has its reasons for needing combat pay. Sitting at a desk all day isn’t exempt from that.

Whenever I do sense myself getting frustrated I just remind myself everyone who makes more or as much as me isn’t actually taking away from what I make. Sometimes over and over and over.. I’ve found wine helps at the end of the day!
I know they do more but to say it’s difficult and deserves more money is a stretch. Like you said every job has an argument as to why they should get paid more but at the end of the day HRTMs are team members just like cashiers or cart attendants. I would much rather be stressed out at a desk at tsc and planning break room celebrations than get screamed at by a guest cashiering because something is ringing up wrong. Clearly people don’t do it for the pay because clearly HRTMs aren’t paid well, they do it for the experience and the office style job it offers.

HRTMs are entrusted with a LOT of confidential info.
Our HRTM doesn't let TMs poke around in other people's business & she frequently has to go to workstations to remove confidential docs left (usually by TLs) on the desktop for anyone to open & read.
She also sets up orientations, conducts tours for new TMs, helps them set up direct deposit, takes care of vac/ph requests, hounds TMs to fix missing punches (or they won't get their pay), stays on top of OT reports, compliance reports, training schedules, follows up with leaders on time off requests, answers questions about benefits/LOAs/FMLA.
In short, she's a detail person of the highest order & I treat her to SB drinks regularly to show my appreciation for everything she does.

Our HRTM doesn't let TMs poke around in other people's business & she frequently has to go to workstations to remove confidential docs left (usually by TLs) on the desktop for anyone to open & read.
She also sets up orientations, conducts tours for new TMs, helps them set up direct deposit, takes care of vac/ph requests, hounds TMs to fix missing punches (or they won't get their pay), stays on top of OT reports, compliance reports, training schedules, follows up with leaders on time off requests, answers questions about benefits/LOAs/FMLA.
In short, she's a detail person of the highest order & I treat her to SB drinks regularly to show my appreciation for everything she does.
I feel like there's no excuse for leadership to do this and it happens at my store constantly too. There's literally Office 365 to keep your stuff on lmao.

I kind of don't want them to figure that out though, because allegedly reading confidential documents is allegedly interesting..... allegedly.

get screamed at by a guest cashiering because something is ringing up wrong.
We still get to live this out though. Every time a TM has been yelled at by a guest or a TL or has drama with another TM we get to hear about it. Of course I’ll always listen to anyone that needs to vent. But if I could have all of those minutes back each week? If everyone could at least once in a while have something new to tell me? HR Expert is also one of the loneliest positions bc there are very few people at the store we can talk to when we’re having a rough day or need to vent. Pretty much my ETL (I like her, just can’t whine without reason to her) or TSS (usually the case since were both “just TMs”) and occasionally the APTL (just bc we’ve developed a great friendship over the years that exceeds Target).

I don’t agree with gifts for doing your job. Each position has highs and lows. HR already has its perks, we have one that is on constant break with every tm there to ‘visit’, all. Day. Long. Confidential is non-existent as they share all Juicy stuff with their friends. So much whispering. All. Day. Long. IMO ETL should do all that and take the tm out of it. No HR LOD shifts so they have time to clean their own house and stay impartial. Favoritism gets ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back