Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are hearing rumors that the TLs are getting a pay bump to keep us up above the team member increases. Anyone else hear this?

1500 for beating sales goal by 5%, and making payroll. There is no incentive for beating payroll by 5%. If you make payroll by .01 hours, it is the same as making it by 1000 hours.
I just want to reiterate this fact and add that it goes for higher ups, too. No one gets a bonus for cutting payroll beyond what the original payroll plan was.

1500 for beating sales goal by 5%, and making payroll. There is no incentive for beating payroll by 5%. If you make payroll by .01 hours, it is the same as making it by 1000 hours.

Thank you for clarifying that. I wondered if Spot was stooping that low to give incentives for coming in under budget on hours.

Never going to match payroll, so you're always going to have to shoot for being under payroll to "meet" it. Not 5%, but a decent amount if you want to be sure. Can't rely on callouts or flex.
True, but if it's over 1% they'll start asking people if they want to stay late on the last day or 2 of the month. It's not much, but it's better than losing the payroll completely.

PG40 (regular TL) is being eliminated. The theory is that all TLs will be bumped up to PG45 if they weren't already there, which should be $1.75 extra. My fingers are crossed. My STL reached out to the HRBP today to ask after I had some questions. I'm the only person in my entire store at PG40 lol.

PG40 (regular TL) is being eliminated. The theory is that all TLs will be bumped up to PG45 if they weren't already there, which should be $1.75 extra. My fingers are crossed. My STL reached out to the HRBP today to ask after I had some questions. I'm the only person in my entire store at PG40 lol.

🤨🤔 I am too wtf I feel ripped off now

TLs are being moved up to PG45, which was the Sr. TL PG. They're also getting bonuses as incentives: $250 - $1,500, depending on how well they meet their goals (payroll and sales). I believe $1,500 would be meeting payroll and 5% over in sales, but I could be wrong. Haven't discussed this at my store, but those are the numbers I've seen floating around.
The 1500 is if you meet payroll , sales 5% over and also green metrics

it was explained in our tl meeting that moving up to pg45 doesnt change our current pay since we are still above the base pay of pg45 but it does raise the pay ceiling

Saw this on Reddit heard the same thing. How if a current seniors base is higher than a normal TL base are they bumping us up with no increase. According to this and things I heard all regular TLs get is an increase ceiling.

it was explained in our tl meeting that moving up to pg45 doesnt change our current pay since we are still above the base pay of pg45 but it does raise the pay ceiling

Saw this on Reddit heard the same thing. How if a current seniors base is higher than a normal TL base are they bumping us up with no increase. According to this and things I heard all regular TLs get is an increase ceiling.
It makes sense... that’s how it was when they did the move from $10->$11/hour. I was already making over $11/hour as a TM and didn’t get more than my merit raise. Then when it went from $11->$12 because I was under minimum by .02 cents, they bumped my pay to meet new minimum. I was so pissed... but funny how the world works, I’m now looking at a nice raise within months of being promoted.

It makes sense... that’s how it was when they did the move from $10->$11/hour. I was already making over $11/hour as a TM and didn’t get more than my merit raise. Then when it went from $11->$12 because I was under minimum by .02 cents, they bumped my pay to meet new minimum. I was so pissed... but funny how the world works, I’m now looking at a nice raise within months of being promoted.

Yup same situation here. Been a TL since February, so this will be an almost $7 raise in 6 months after the bump to $13/hr in June.

Bonus incentive, is it for the store as a whole or your department? Our A&A has been doubling our goal pretty consistently.

Bonus incentive, is it for the store as a whole or your department? Our A&A has been doubling our goal pretty consistently.

The TL bonus is for the whole year. You'd see it around review time next year. You also have to make payroll.

Got my review yesterday. New pay should already be in effect, but it doesn’t show up anywhere until it is clicked as delivered in workday. Clever lol, no more checking your pay in ehr.

PG40 merit increases are effective 4/7 UNTIL 5/22 oops, 5/25, and then the new job codes/paygrade takes effect. Sounds like it’s being ironed out which roles are considered ‘new’ or different and which moves are considered completely lateral.

Also was given some weird hinting about off cycle pay increases. Nothing of note other than ‘based on performance and workload, you can be evaluated by STL for a pay increase separate from your annual performance review’.

Also, seems like the difference between PG35 and PG45 will be determined by market/district, to be competitive (I think this has already been a thing). Stores with a difference greater than the base difference won’t see that adjusted downward.

Last edited:
Got my review yesterday. New pay should already be in effect, but it doesn’t show up anywhere until it is clicked as delivered in workday. Clever lol, no more checking your pay in ehr.

PG40 merit increases are effective 4/7 UNTIL 5/22, and then the new job codes/paygrade takes effect. Sounds like it’s being ironed out which roles are considered ‘new’ or different and which moves are considered completely lateral.

Also was given some weird hinting about off cycle pay increases. Nothing of note other than ‘based on performance and workload, you can be evaluated by STL for a pay increase separate from your annual performance review’.

Also, seems like the difference between PG35 and PG45 will be determined by market/district, to be competitive (I think this has already been a thing). Stores with a difference greater than the base difference won’t see that adjusted downward.
I thought it was until 5/25 - marking the end of a pay period?

Also that last little bit about being evaluated by your STL for a pay increase is rather interesting.

Let me know please, HR told myself and the only other PG40 TL that the bump to PG45 didn’t include any money, just being in a higher pay grade?? And having the overall cap raised.

I asked specifically about the $17.75 base that is current in our district for PG45 and he said myself and the other TL will not be bumped that high.

Also tired of hearing ETLs telling me how much they made as a TL in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back