Archived Lead pay bump

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sounds of it they’ve gotten rid of the structure differences and now all stores have the minimum difference between TM and TL pay. Some stores are freaking out they’re going to lose half of their TLs... also word on the street is both that there is still more to come, and that leaders at all levels who are trying to do something about this for their TLs are facing severe repercussions

By the sounds of it they’ve gotten rid of the structure differences and now all stores have the minimum difference between TM and TL pay. Some stores are freaking out they’re going to lose half of their TLs... also word on the street is both that there is still more to come, and that leaders at all levels who are trying to do something about this for their TLs are facing severe repercussions
Not true. I was looking at pay charts for stores in my area and some have a $2.25 difference, while my store has a $5.25 difference.

So I see we’ve all been moved to $17 anyone think it’s worth talking to the stl about my pay Im having to open plus do two gm positions instead of just the one because we have a failing gm lead and instead of firing and filling his position I must pick up the slack

So I see we’ve all been moved to $17 anyone think it’s worth talking to the stl about my pay Im having to open plus do two gm positions instead of just the one because we have a failing gm lead and instead of firing and filling his position I must pick up the slack
Definitely talk to them so they know where you stand. At this very moment, they won’t be able to do anything, though.

Every store has a minimum of a $4 dollar difference but there are a lot of stores with higher minimums and maximums. I was looking as random ones on work bench and some stores have a maximum of like 32 for PG 45 while my maximum is 28

$2.25?

$4 is supposed to be the minimum difference I thought?

If that's a rule, it must be based on the very strictest values of the PG35/45 baseline.
Because, my store had to get a significant bump to TM starting wage to get people in the door (and it still failed) putting about a $2 difference between TMs and existing TLs.
New TLs are being hired at $5-6/hr higher than many existing TLs make, and internal promotions get.
There was a huge melt down when TLs saw TM pay during reviews, and when one of the newly hired TLs started bragging about how much they got hired on for.
Target, and the store, have NO plans to fix the issue, and would rather replace the people who are upset.

If that's a rule, it must be based on the very strictest values of the PG35/45 baseline.
Because, my store had to get a significant bump to TM starting wage to get people in the door (and it still failed) putting about a $2 difference between TMs and existing TLs.
New TLs are being hired at $5-6/hr higher than many existing TLs make, and internal promotions get.
There was a huge melt down when TLs saw TM pay during reviews, and when one of the newly hired TLs started bragging about how much they got hired on for.
Target, and the store, have NO plans to fix the issue, and would rather replace the people who are upset.
It’s doesn't strictly have to be a $4 difference but the minimum for each PG has a difference of $4. When I first became a TL I had TMs that made more than me that I was in charge of.

Something I’m now interested in seeing is the table table for the dollar amount change for demotions. It was mostly based on the difference in pay between paygrades, so with this new bullshit smaller difference... less pay reduction to demote lol

It’s doesn't strictly have to be a $4 difference but the minimum for each PG has a difference of $4. When I first became a TL I had TMs that made more than me that I was in charge of.
I also have team members making more than me currently like why do they make more than $17 🙄

If I was told I’d be only $2 above a TM with all my responsibilities I’d tell them to kick rocks lol.

Well in theory if the stores were able to run the way corporate wants them to run where the leads are legit leading and not doing the actual work this would make sense. However, no store is getting those hours to have a team fullfill the reqs' of this model.

Well in theory if the stores were able to run the way corporate wants them to run where the leads are legit leading and not doing the actual work this would make sense. However, no store is getting those hours to have a team fullfill the reqs' of this model.

It still wouldn't make sense for the hours they're asked to work. Working 11-7:30, or 12-8:30, and being expected to close the building alone and do all the key carrying duties isn't exactly worth a couple dollars over the starting wage...
Especially when if something goes wrong with those key carrying duties, they'll fire you in a heartbeat.

Key carrier = A HARD NO. I’ll demote or leave before anyone makes me responsible for those keys !

This is happening with a current TL. He doesn’t want the responsibility. Still waiting to know if they demote and stay or have to transfer.

My store didn't give any of the TLs a choice with being a key carrier, and all Style and GM TLs are expected to close the building alone on weekends with minimal to no training. Even though at least 1/3 of the ETL staff didn't close, and the SD never worked anything other than strict opens.
They even told the Closing TL they'd be getting bumped to SrTL pay to take the job, and neglected to tell them that with the new pay scale, that actually meant no raise for taking a shit job.
Some TLs were closing just as much, or more, than they were before modernization due to all the upper management refusing to close.
Pretty stupid, imo, prioritizing the ETLs' work life balance when they're also the ones sitting in their offices all day handing down coachings when things aren't being done, but not taking any ownership of anything outside of the 2 TLs they now oversee...

What really has me confused about how they figured this out, is that seems like many stores that were structure C or D previously are now the new lowest structure E. Supposedly HRBPs are still working with those above them about this, as turnover has already started to climb, and these changes are going to make recruiting TL talent that much harder. Attached is the previous structures for reference 8133

So are any of you HRTMs paid above the $13 an hour mark? I've been a clerical for a year and a half and am only at the $13. Seems very unfair that I have all the responsibilities that I do, and make the same as the cart attendant. WTF.

So are any of you HRTMs paid above the $13 an hour mark? I've been a clerical for a year and a half and am only at the $13. Seems very unfair that I have all the responsibilities that I do, and make the same as the cart attendant. WTF.
People who have been with the company for 10+ years are still at $13. I agree that HRTMs should make more, but your years of service are negligible. If you ask about it, the response will probably be that HRTMs were making 9.50 just a few years ago with the same responsibilities that you have now; the only difference is that a cart attendant would've been making 9.00 at the time.

What really has me confused about how they figured this out, is that seems like many stores that were structure C or D previously are now the new lowest structure E. Supposedly HRBPs are still working with those above them about this, as turnover has already started to climb, and these changes are going to make recruiting TL talent that much harder. Attached is the previous structures for reference View attachment 8133
It's pretty simple. A became E, B became F, etc. The key is that realistically they deleted PG45 and renamed PG40 to 45.

Those HR skills would earn you another $3-5/hr elsewhere. So when you've had enough of being underpaid take your skills elsewhere!

Those HR skills would earn you another $3-5/hr elsewhere. So when you've had enough of being underpaid take your skills elsewhere!
Actually leaving target to do hr elsewhere would find them unqualified. Target uses their own created systems. Most other companies use an hr system created elsewhere. I had an etl friend in hr for 20 years that had to go to community college hr classes to learn those systems most companies use. No one would hire her without it.

Actually leaving target to do hr elsewhere would find them unqualified. Target uses their own created systems. Most other companies use an hr system created elsewhere. I had an etl friend in hr for 20 years that had to go to community college hr classes to learn those systems most companies use. No one would hire her without it.

Surprising! Our HR TM that left less than a year ago had an easy time finding a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back