Archived Let go top red card seller?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my only close target friend was recently "let go," which came as a total surprise. They were not seasonal, as they had been there over a year. They were the top red card seller, getting over 20 on black friday and regularly getting over 60 in a month. They were really outgoing, always left to watch the front, and cross trained in guest service and starbucks. They were very close with the ETL-Ge. This came as a complete surprise. My question is what could they have done to get let go?!

Uhh, ask them? I doubt it was a surprise to them. They had to have either hit compliance numerous times, got caught stealing, or screwed up in an absolutely boneheaded manner.

Uhh, ask them? I doubt it was a surprise to them. They had to have either hit compliance numerous times, got caught stealing, or screwed up in an absolutely boneheaded manner.
Obviously I asked them, but they just said "I got let go." It just seems so odd to me.

I don't think anyone here can answer that, sorry.

yeah there had to have been something. someone isn't let go just because. there always is a reason whether it's fraud, or theft, or just a simple mistake, there's always a reason.

One of our top performers in terms of red cards was actually signing himself up for credit cards a couple times per week and got fired for it. In your friend's situation, my first guess would be theft, though. If they won't tell you, then it's likely something they are too embarrassed to tell you; if they were getting fired for no reason (or a bad one), they'd be telling everyone.

One of our GSTLs was termed a couple yrs back for credit fraud. He'd always been the golden boy.
The bigger surprise was the ETL who knew he was doing it & tacitly condoned it. He was 'asked' to resign.

Thanks everyone. Turned out the secret to getting 8 red cards in a shift is to give outrageous discounts, like 30% off the total.

Thanks everyone. Turned out the secret to getting 8 red cards in a shift is to give outrageous discounts, like 30% off the total.
Yikes.
One of our GSTMs who was a red card whiz was giving out his TM# to guests to use.
He gave it out to cute chicks, whenever there were prizes offered, etc.
Several cashiers reported guests trying to use a TM# for discount. After they declined them, the guests started talking.

Told ya it was fishy..

One or two a shift is normal in my store anymore than three on a non holiday is fishy.. Major Holidays are the exception.

3+ doesn't seem fishy to me. Just not the norm. We have one girl who consistently gets ~3 in short shifts (4-6 hours) and 5-6 whenever she gets a 8 hour shift.

I've seen her get many of the signups, nothing strange, just very personable.

We have a couple who can get 3-5 easy. Especially if at guest service. I aim for one a year, lol. I do ask consistently though.

That is crazy, to go through all that just so you can say, look at me I get the most red cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back