Archived Let me tell you stuff I did at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recycled plastic bags, and we had a small recycle center by the exit. Can't remember if we had it for glasses/bottles though, I forget :(

We have a whole bunch of recycle bins, one for bags, one for plastic, one for phones/ink cartridges, one for glass, they're all near photo. Behind the service desk we also have a trash can that is for bags only and we recycle those as well.

In the breakroom we also have two trash cans, one for generic plastic recyclables, and one for bottles with deposits.

Well, yes, we have the standard recycling bins at the front of the store, but I'm fairly certain the cleaning crew just tosses that stuff in the compactor. And Starbucks recycles their plastic jugs and such.

But as for TM recycling in the TSC or break room? No.

Well, yes, we have the standard recycling bins at the front of the store, but I'm fairly certain the cleaning crew just tosses that stuff in the compactor. And Starbucks recycles their plastic jugs and such.

But as for TM recycling in the TSC or break room? No.

I was in charge of the Electronics/Ink/MP3 recycling, we had special shipping labels for them, and I would ship them out bi-weekly in a cardboard box.

Right you all make less than like 10 an hour probably and care so much. Lmao not taking your brakes because your task won't get done. God this is what working retail does to you. You guys have to understand big companies will move on even if you dont do your work because there are weirdos like you who take it extra seriously. You guys are such losers

Lmaoo at only buying stuff on my 15 I buy shit when I want to

I open food and eat it around the store cause I will do it because nobody cares

My target is full of teen parents well 20-25 year olds who messed up and had kids between 16-18

Good to know.

2362069-did_someone_say-spiderman_thread.jpg

>itt everyone takes getting underpaid seriously

Right you all make less than like 10 an hour probably and care so much. Lmao not taking your brakes because your task won't get done. God this is what working retail does to you. You guys have to understand big companies will move on even if you dont do your work because there are weirdos like you who take it extra seriously. You guys are such losers

Okay I personally don't care right now if I get a warning, or an infraction, or whatever the mods here use to say "hey stop that behavior". I'mma tag you two in this for good measure. @jb08045 and @Jersey201 . Let's do this.

Working retail does not have to be a crappy experience. There are some good times (at least in my experience, I've had fun here and there). There are also bad times (again, they happen here and there). However, the good times do tend to outway the bad, and the good times do happen more when you have good coworkers.

That said, good times do NOT come when your store has self-entitled assholes who seem to think "oh this is just a minimum wage job I don't have to commit to it because I think I'm soooooooo fucking important that I'm going to be out of retail and in a REAL job.

Not with that attitude. Not with the attitude that "oh I'm BETTER than this. I'm BETTER than working retail." Yeah right. You will get nowhere with your self-entitled attitudes.

There are plenty of people who, while they hate working retail and know it usually does not get better, will still actually put in the hard work. Why is that, I wonder? Is it because they want to advance at Target? For some, sure. But for others, it's because they're making the best out of minimum wage job.

Long story short: To the two people I specifically mentioned, I hope your store terms you and you should watch this 30 second Youtube video for further instructions as to what I want you to do.

Good to know.

2362069-did_someone_say-spiderman_thread.jpg

Literally why is spiderman on all of my store's computers.

The only thing I would ask is that we not threaten each other with what we would like to do to another person here.

The rest, I'm fine with. I had a coworker thankfully finally quit. It was torture listening to him talk about how much better he was than retail, and when he had his bachelor's, he would be leaving all of us behind, because he would be too good for retail. Funny, my bachelor's and master's never came with anything saying I was better than someone else.

We're all more than our jobs. And what we are beyond our jobs will show through with how we treat even a minimum wage, underpaid job.

lol why do u want me to get termed, i dont even break target rules besides maybe taking a 20 instead of 15. though I'd rather get termed instead of quit so i can at least get unemployment. Im still not going to go out of my to get fired though, im a great worker, i just hate my fucking job

Mods, can we close this thread? It seems like everyone has made their point.

While there's little redeeming value to this thread since the get go, we are doing our best not to lock threads unless there is a virtual brawl happening. If people aren't interested in the thread, they'll stop reading and responding and it will die a quick death.

Let's keep in civil, and if you aren't interested in reading it, please move to a different topic. :)

Wow mate, you're pretty much the definition of a keyboard warrior now lol, I can't believe I'm wasting time trying to reason with a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back