Archived Let Us In!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm super new here. I"m primarily here to hopefully find answers that no employee manual or HR rep can give me. That being said..

I work the 330 logistics shift, my store has only been on this shift for a little over a year now, outside of 4th quarter. Long story short, what's protocol for when noone is around to let the logistics team in in the morning? How long are we supposed to wait for a keyholder? What happens when a chunk of the team decides to leave? Obviously there's noone to pick up the phone either, there's no answering machine, and noone other than our TL has the ETL's personal contact info.
I have looked in manuals, I have scoured this forum, and HR is less helpful than a needle in my eye. For those on this shift, what do you do in this scenario? Or, what would you do in this case?

Nobody has flow tl's #? If i were a flow TL, and had a problem showing up, I'd make sure people on the team had my number. You get paid while you wait, so I'd wait.

As Yetive said, you do get paid to wait, so I'd wait. If you don't drive, hopefully someone else did and you can just chill in their car if the weather is bad.

But I'm assuming you're looking for an answer on whether or not you are required to wait and if it would count against your attendance if you didn't wait. At worst, I'd expect it to count as a "leave early" and not a call off because you did show up. I don't know if there is an official policy. Either way, I'd stay - you've already gotten up that early to go to work and you are getting paid for it, so there's no reason to leave.

Definitely stay. If communication isn't good HR may assume you simply didn't show up.

You can punch correct. We have a flow TL who took forever to open the overnight bell (10 minutes minimum) We told tms to use self service and punch correct before they started work.

If I know there is no lod to let me in. .I will wait in my car for about 10 minutes( after my shift is suppose to start). I will then walk up to the door stand there for a minute or so look at the camera ( one time I even waved). I do this so that there is proof I was there. We even have one tm who takes a selfie w date and time stamp to prove they were there. As far as how long you have to wait before you can leave...I have heard different time frames. However, I do know that several years ago the stl didn't show up at 4 am ( non truck day) to let us in. We all waited for an hour...then part of the team left. The tms that left were paid for three hours. They also got a call from the stl apologizing and telling them they could come back to the store to work out there schedule. Most of course refused. Make sure if you do leave there is some kind of proof that you were there. IMO I would wait at least 45 min to an hour before leaving . I personally, have never left. I have waited almost two hours before...but that was my choice. I didn't blame the tms that left.

Definitely stay. If communication isn't good HR may assume you simply didn't show up.

You can punch correct. We have a flow TL who took forever to open the overnight bell (10 minutes minimum) We told tms to use self service and punch correct before they started work.
Any consequences for the TL?

Any consequences for the TL?

Hes our PMT now.

Worked out since we were over head count when we dropped org charts but PMT is a pretty sweet gig and it's a raise for someone who showed themselves not to be a good leader

Nobody has flow tl's #? If i were a flow TL, and had a problem showing up, I'd make sure people on the team had my number. You get paid while you wait, so I'd wait.

The exec on duty is just someone filling in until our actual ETL comes back from LOA. None of us really know anything about him, other than that he's just a temp. All attempts to find him on social media failed. We don't even know his last name.

I would guess that someone will have a talk with him when all of the payroll spent on tms sitting in their cars shows up via punch corrections.

This scenario isn't the first time this has happened, and I know someone who has actually gotten paid for a day that they left. The last time it happened, it was cold, and very snowy, and I totally understand why noone would want to stick around.
I guess that being said, at what point does this become a big enough issue that it finally gets addressed by management? Other than the logistics ETL, is this also an HR thing? Or a STL thing?

Don't you have a flow TL with keys? I guess I thought all stores did. I think the STL would want to know--ultimately, payroll is on him, and spending so much of it on people who can't do their jobs would be a concern.

Maybe my store is just really tight knit, but I'm surprised that nobody would have the Flow TLs number. Or any TLs/ETLs number.

But anyways, I wouldn't worry about making sure leadership is aware of it and working to address it. The entire team submitting punch corrections after being paid to sit in their cars is usually more than enough to get the STLs attention.

This reminds me of the time my ETL (LOD for the Morning) set their clock for exactly 2:00AM during this years "Spring Forward" Time change... It went from 1:59, to 3:00Am instantly therefore their Alarm never went off..

I thought it was funny because who the hell would ever think of that.

We just stay at a denny's near by and take shifts waiting by the door till 6am when an ETL is expected to arrive, get paid while you wait, too cold to wait in the car wait somewhere else.

This scenario isn't the first time this has happened, and I know someone who has actually gotten paid for a day that they left. The last time it happened, it was cold, and very snowy, and I totally understand why noone would want to stick around.
I guess that being said, at what point does this become a big enough issue that it finally gets addressed by management? Other than the logistics ETL, is this also an HR thing? Or a STL thing?
When we had this problem (as well as waiting forever to be let out on closes)... I find the etl-hr gets super angry at the punch corrections eating into payroll. Like fixed the next day, never happens again angry.

Officially you're expected to wait till your shift is over. That's obviously a hardass stance, but in theory it can be counted as an early out if you leave early.

>We only have one TL and one ETL, some days we have both, some days we only have one. Again, this guy's supposed to only be filling in for our actual ETL who's on LOA.
>Our HR lady got so pissed off at having to manually enter all the punch corrections, she told us we had to go into EHR and edit our punches ourselves.

>>I guess word of mouth says.. fill-in ETL gave TL off. Fill-in was scheduled for an LOD day shift, and forgot that he was going to come in early. So no one was really supposed to be in until the Plano TL got there, at 6. LOL!

At my store, the SR TL for Flow owes the team food if they run late, plus two of that team have my number to call if this happens so I can let my ETL HR and STL know and start the ball rolling to get the doors open. Been woken up only once in the last year for this, but it's a decent contingency plan to have just in case.

Also, it's good to wait and not leave, you'll get paid for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back