Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

I still think target is missing out not putting custom demo loops on them like Best Buy does.
If we're being real, No one fkn buys laptops at target. If Target wanted more attention on their laptops they should start to sell MacBooks.

So, I found out that our MarketSource reps make about 16.50 an HOUR, not including commission. Considering they don't do shit at my store. Very much considering swapping just to be paid to sit and do homework LOL.

Our collectibles section is always need and organized and stays zoned and shopped by itself. The guests that shop it know it and respect it. There’s no price tags we treat it like a VMG basically in a way. With the magnetic dividers we separate each character so it goes all the way back to the end of the shelf it’s all the same exact one. The boxes don’t get damaged in this way since the dividers are fit and placed exactly for each product. When it comes to exclusives (even of some toys) or Chases they stay at our counter so it can be fair for all guests since we limit said things to 1 per guest (District Wide rolled out). When it comes to Neca only what sells/demanded is put out that hasn’t changed since that all started. We also have a collectibles List that gets updated monthly on all items considered collectible on when the release date of the product is all info found on .com. As a store 1 is kept back in Tech 1 in the Tech Stockroom by the back stocked area of Collectibles 1 in Toys Backstock 1 at Guest Service and 1 within the TL office area. Since we do all that we very rare get any issues or complaints. We’ve gotten more compliments and guest traffic thanks to guest word of mouth that we can consistently keep up with the sales and have very little if any go clearance or be Shelf Warmers.

If we're being real, No one fkn buys laptops at target. If Target wanted more attention on their laptops they should start to sell MacBooks.

So, I found out that our MarketSource reps make about 16.50 an HOUR, not including commission. Considering they don't do shit at my store. Very much considering swapping just to be paid to sit and do homework LOL.
If you have been noticing the gradual transition from their systems to target systems, the testing of different vendors (ATT), even giving the work to TMs, along with recession, people not willing to drop $1000 a year on a phone, and the Foxconn situation in China. That should be alarming every bell for anyone who works at MarketSource. Their days are numbered.

I doubt the contract will be renewed.

Honestly it's about time they gave them a raise. (Depending where you are working). When I had them a few years back, they made 5$ less than us. Granted they make a lot less commission these days unless the formula has changed.

Honestly it's about time they gave them a raise. (Depending where you are working). When I had them a few years back, they made 5$ less than us. Granted they make a lot less commission these days unless the formula has changed.
the commission depends on your store honestly. But I agree! They do deserve to make more. But why when we, the actual company they're working in, make LESS than them yk?

Mint SIMs seem to be telling people the activation code is wrong, but if you just call and give them your name and email they do it in 2 seconds. They gotta put that on the my device so we can do it for them.

View attachment be42a56df9f970be91832ff022995670.mp4

I don't know why there has not been any retail chain that has gotten into this tech.

This is an easy and fool proof way to make like $5 off an "installation fee". I think Best Buy does installation but there's room for Human error as they are doing it by hand.

Belkin has machines that do it, OtterBox has reusable plastic mechanisms that can do it. And now cheap screen protector manufacturers are doing it.

Just buy the mechanism for each store and now they are fully equipped to charge a $5 installation fee for screen protectors. (And maybe a portion goes to to the worker.)

Honest to god, Can we be real? Electronics inventory is so BAD. Like who the fuck comes in wanting to buy a 30 dollar anker charger. Or a 700 dollar laptop in windows 10 S mode.

BFFR target. Video games are fine, If you ask me. Expand on the store within a store thing with target. Kill off all of the cheapie little laptops that we NEVER sell and throw MacBooks in the mix. THAT will sell and bring guests in.

Also, Have stores start to sell Roku remotes. I have so many guests asking us if we have spare Roku remotes.

And expand on headphones. its either 20 dollar JLab headphones or 300 dollar Sony Headphones. Have like a solid 50 dollar set of headphones THAT will sell!

Stop putting worthless items on the salesfloor that will NEVER sell.

Or a 700 dollar laptop in windows 10 S mode. Kill off all of the cheapie little laptops that we NEVER sell and throw MacBooks in the mix.
Microsoft uses S mode to compete with Chromebooks, but contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to remove it in the settings. It costs them nothing (besides reputation) to enable it on every laptop, so they do.
The top selling laptop this month was the ASUS 15.6" Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S Mode for $299 with 6,581 units sold. While the top selling Gaming Laptop that sold was the HP Victus 15.6 144Hz FHD Gaming Laptop for $829 with 769 units sold. More than a million dollars more was made from selling the cheapie laptop than the more expensive laptop.

Stop putting worthless items on the salesfloor that will NEVER sell.
You have to realize what a retail stores target audience is, which are gullible people that buy products with high profit margins. If you think of it that way a lot of the products that Target sells makes sense. People will literally look at the totally broken no good Westinghouse TV display that has turned purple and half of the backlight is broken, then see the price and be like "wow that's a good deal!" American consumers are stupid and that's what Target is profiting off of.

In places like China and India, where money is harder to come by, consumers go to extreme lengths to get good value for their money. That is why you see Xiaomi, vivo, OPPO, and HONOR dominate their smartphone markets with not an Apple device in sight. Until money can not be printed from thin air, we will continue to see the degradation consumerism has on the products that Target, and other retail stores choose to sell.

osoft uses S mode to compete with Chromebooks, but contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to remove it in the settings. It costs them nothing (besides reputation) to enable it on every laptop, so they do.
The top selling laptop this month was the ASUS 15.6" Laptop with Windows 11 Home in S Mode for $299 with 6,581 units sold. While the top selling Gaming Laptop that sold was the HP Victus 15.6 144Hz FHD Gaming Laptop for $829 with 769 units sold. More than a million dollars more was made from selling the cheapie laptop than the more expensive laptop.
I swear to GOD i've been under the impression you had to PAY to remove S Mode. Jeez, the guests I've mislead....
You have to realize what a retail stores target audience is, which are gullible people that buy products with high profit margins. If you think of it that way a lot of the products that Target sells makes sense. People will literally look at the totally broken no good Westinghouse TV display that has turned purple and half of the backlight is broken, then see the price and be like "wow that's a good deal!" American consumers are stupid and that's what Target is profiting off of.
Meh. I get mediumly priced item and replace it when its broken but they straight up don't sell. Especially things like iPad cases. I cannot remember the last time I sold a iPad case. no one wants to spend 30 dollars on a case that sucks ass lmao.

My point is most items are just out of people's reach because no one wants to spend 30 dollars on a single cable when you could buy a 5-pack on amazon for the same price. or 50 percent off an iPad case. We just have stuff that straight up doesn't sell.

When person after person after person comes up and gives you that "Can I get 4 of these and 2 of these and 3 of these? I don't care what color." And pays with $100 bills that pass every security check you can do and you don't know what's wrong..

When person after person after person comes up and gives you that "Can I get 4 of these and 2 of these and 3 of these? I don't care what color." And pays with $100 bills that pass every security check you can do and you don't know what's wrong..
I live in such a white fkn area. people kept complaining about us checking money. our SD ripped out all the money checkers.

No. 1 per guest & day.
ESID. use your judgement. If you have 200 airpods. sell them as much as you want. if you have 2 ipads only sell 1

Honest to god, Can we be real? Electronics inventory is so BAD. Like who the fuck comes in wanting to buy a 30 dollar anker charger.
ASANTS.

We sell tons of Anker chargers. It's also a major pain in the ass to get battery stuff shipped here for the average Joe, as Anker will not ship directly.

ASANTS.

We sell tons of Anker chargers. It's also a major pain in the ass to get battery stuff shipped here for the average Joe, as Anker will not ship directly.
I guess we sell them too thinking about it now. i just never see people buy them lol.

Regardless, we have a shit ton of stuff that NEVER sells. Why do we have a $100+ Anker Conference call unit???? or laptops. they all suck at target lol.

My laptop sales aren't bad at all, mostly old people who just bank and read the news and their windows 7 computer stopped working. I get very little interest in the more high powered ones and no one ever gets the gaming laptops though.

Back